Interesting high end/Extreme Gaming house build.

Rakunvar

n00b
Hey guys! I'm pretty knowledgeable with PC's as it is, and I keep up with the tech all the time as its kinda my passion. There is of course many intricate details that I do not know however so would like a few pointers with this.. My info in relation to Server type processors is a bit more limited sadly.

So.. Me and my friends are working on a gaming house with a studio and it will all be Live streamed. Now we will have 16 IP camera's on at all time and be in use and these are VERY good cam's. Mostly we're trying to do this due to heat, space, ease, and electricity really. We haven't even 100% confirmed if running many camera's on one PC to different streams is viable just yet.

So, we're in the midst of trying to figure out how to work the cam's into as FEW PC's as possible basically. So we're trying to figure out a build that will work with all of them preferably.

So a few idea's we've had was if 2 Xeon Processor/MB vs 2 Opteron?/MB board would be able to handle that many cams and streams? Also, I haven't dug too far into GPU utilization for streaming, so any info on how much the streaming is taken by the GPU as well as the CPU would be awesome! We could even do multi-PC but again, as few as possible.

I'm not sure if the extra cores and threads from some of the high end AMD's would surpass the Xeon's in this case or not.. Hopefully this makes sense to a few people and we can get some more info on this. I appreciate all your time!

Do you actually have the internet bandwidth to support that many streams?

Yes, there will be multiple lines going to both the studio and the house. We're normal streamer's already, but something on this scale hasn't really been done yet.. Gaming houses have of course, but not this large with a 3million dollar studio with amazing equipment. So we're trying to plan everything out as much as possible.

Hire a certified and licensed professional. If you have a $3 mil budget, you can afford it.

I'm going to have to agree with klank: Considering your relatively lack of knowledge, the scale of this project, and the budget, I'd highly recommend hiring an actual network or systems admin for this job. DIYing this seems like a recipe for disaster unless you actually know what you're doing (which you've admitted that you don't).

Also, AFAIK, streaming doesn't take advantage of the GPU just yet. Also, you should provide what the exact budget is for the whole networking and streaming aspect. If you want to know your baseline for streaming performance, do some streams right now from your current sigged PC. See how many you can run before you start seeing massive performance hits.

limited knowledge + DIY = FAIL

Doesn't matter what country your in, Speak to Pros and get it done correctly.

I'll agree with everyone else. Running a 3 million $ studio on hobby / do it yourself network and equipment is a horrible idea doomed for failure. If you have that kind of money to dump on a studio why would you even consider it?

He does not have a 3 million dollar budget...He stated his project was not like most gaming houses where they have a 3 million dollar budget.

He does not have a 3 million dollar budget...He stated his project was not like most gaming houses where they have a 3 million dollar budget.
Rereading the sentence again, I don't see what you're seeing. He stated "We're normal streamer's already, but something on this scale hasn't really been done yet.. Gaming houses have of course, but not this large with a 3million dollar studio with amazing equipment."

what kind of cams, i don't even get the question... each player will have a stream, right? and obviously they'll have desktop cams? so they'll want to stream their desktop cams on their play stream, but then you want to have the other cams in the house on their own streams?

explain your question better, or at least explain what you want better....

how much power it takes to stream cams all depends on your cams (and software), you can stream directly from the cams if you don't need to do anything fancy with them....

Last edited:
Back