Intel’s Upcoming Gaming GPU! - Massive Performer

It's still crazy to me that the biggest silicon player or the last 30+ years is now finally going to have an actual GPU.

I worry about AMD's future in the GPU world more than I worry about if Intel can be competitive. In fact, I kind of hope that after their collab on Hades Canyon that it might grease the skids for a Radeon Tech Group buyout sometime soon. Might do AMD some financial good to go lean and focus on their successful Ryzen platforms.

I worry about AMD's future in the GPU world more than I worry about if Intel can be competitive. In fact, I kind of hope that after their collab on Hades Canyon that it might grease the skids for a Radeon Tech Group buyout sometime soon.

Jesus dude, I'm so glad you are worried about AMD Radeon - But it sorta looks like you are not.

Last edited:
I'm worried for AMD if they try to ride it out bleeding to death the whole way. NVIDIA has no intentions of playing fair, and it's a little tough to get R&D funds if your competitor has a stranglehold on the market. Legal challenges against GPP will take years, leaving AMD to fight against the current in the meantime. They have good mainstream products, where the money is, but as we've seen in decades past with companies like Imagination (PowerVR Kyro series), Matrox circa 2002, S3 circa 2004/5, and the short-lived XGI, an underfunded company that can only manage to put out budget & midrange products doesn't stand much of a chance in the long run. And don't talk to me about mGPU Navi products with how SLI and Crossfire have been doing lately.

I think Intel taking over RTG would be a good thing if competition is to survive.

ok fixed, here u go bitch. keep jumping on my ass.
"Jesus dude, I'm so glad you are worried about AMD Radeon - But it sorta looks like you are not."
How's that?

Your first reply was readable and anyone with a smidge of common sense would have understood it.

Damn I hated that video so much , guess it's official... I am old.

Guys just throwing numbers out, 8k 60fps 4k 144hz 30fps yada yada yada, its way far off to even speculate at this point.

I worry about AMD's future in the GPU world more than I worry about if Intel can be competitive. In fact, I kind of hope that after their collab on Hades Canyon that it might grease the skids for a Radeon Tech Group buyout sometime soon. Might do AMD some financial good to go lean and focus on their successful Ryzen platforms.

I wouldn't worry about it. Intel has always been too embarrassed at their failures to continue to fight to a tiny piece of GPU mindshare. That's why thy gave up on the GPU ghost after only a single generation with i740 and Larabee. Their integrated market-share looks unbelievable, but that only happened because integrated graphics is easy to half-ass.

Without a real attempt at competition, you don't learn how to make a graphics architecture efficient. Without a drive to defeat a competitor, you don't tend to spend the recruiting budget on the necessary mind-share. And Intel is not interested in solving problems like that, which is why AMD Raven Ridge has THREE TIMES the integrated graphics performance on the same DDR4 memory! Even when Skull Canyon only scaled 50% when they threw the same DDR4 memory and eDRAM at the fucker!

Back when Intel introduce Sandy Bridge/Ivy they were really aiming at making an impact, BUT THEN after all the easy stuff was conquered, the efficiency gains fell off the map. That is how inconsistent Intel is with GPU: if it becomes hard, they would rather do something else. Like hire AMD to make their gaming NUC work, after Skull Canyon was a total disappointment?

Intel will never grow as a company until they get some leadership that will cull upper management. That's why AMD's current leadership can embarrass them on the mobile side with comparable 15w quad-cores and better integrated graphics. The only thing AMD does not have is comparable idle battery life. And Intel is meanwhile stuck in the "add a core" game while it's normally dominant fabs are floundering.

Last edited:
I'm worried for AMD if they try to ride it out bleeding to death the whole way. NVIDIA has no intentions of playing fair, and it's a little tough to get R&D funds if your competitor has a stranglehold on the market. Legal challenges against GPP will take years, leaving AMD to fight against the current in the meantime. They have good mainstream products, where the money is, but as we've seen in decades past with companies like Imagination (PowerVR Kyro series), Matrox circa 2002, S3 circa 2004/5, and the short-lived XGI, an underfunded company that can only manage to put out budget & midrange products doesn't stand much of a chance in the long run. And don't talk to me about mGPU Navi products with how SLI and Crossfire have been doing lately.

I think Intel taking over RTG would be a good thing if competition is to survive.

That is why Intel hired Raja to buy RTG ? Don't you see the obvious problem with your assessment ? If they bought RTG why did Raja had to go ?
IF AMD wants to sell RTG then in this state it does not sell for much. There are other problems as consoles and the new Intel deal, these all bring in cash which AMD needs badly (to guess what: increase R&D).
Beside the thousands of engineers Intel hired for Raja's GPU revolution.

There is no denying that Intel has more money but does that also mean there going to compete with Nvidia in the high end? All that I can see Intel do is to instead of paying money to Nvidia dump that money into their own GPU division. The initial cost might be bigger for it to get started but it might even out with sales. And that is hardware only, if you want to be entertained look how drivers go on the Intel side for their GPU.

That is why Intel hired Raja to buy RTG ?
I didn't say that.

However it makes sense instead of tip-toeing around patents and figuring out driver development from scratch (as you alluded to) to instead snatch up a group that's already done it and holds those design patents. Why would AMD want to do that, you ask? Well, perhaps if competing with NVIDIA (and their cutthroat market tactics as of late) becomes too expensive, and shareholders are clamoring for AMD to cut their costs... I could see them being open to offers.

i think most people these days with cheap freesync would be happy with a 60-80 FPS @ 4k card they can actually use with their freesync monitors, thats all i am looking for TBH. could care less if team green gets 120 fps at the same settings

I didn't say that.

However it makes sense instead of tip-toeing around patents and figuring out driver development from scratch (as you alluded to) to instead snatch up a group that's already done it and holds those design patents. Why would AMD want to do that, you ask? Well, perhaps if competing with NVIDIA (and their cutthroat market tactics as of late) becomes too expensive, and shareholders are clamoring for AMD to cut their costs... I could see them being open to offers.

Are the RTG patents included in the AMD-Intel cross-patent agreement?

I didn't say that.

The companies have the patents, not the individuals that make up the divisions therein. You could let go every person in both Intel's and AMD/RTG's graphics divisions and the patents would still be held by the companies.

The companies have the patents, not the individuals that make up the divisions therein. You could let go every person in both Intel's and AMD/RTG's graphics divisions and the patents would still be held by the companies.

Pretty sure "snatch up a group" meant purchasing the technology group including the intellectual property rights, not just hiring the employees.

Correct, and those patents and properties can be sold. I wasn't implying what you said.

watching movies at whatever resolution and at 24/30/60 fps should be baked in as a norm by now. Even lowest tier vidcards can do this very very well. I want to be impressed with real world gaming stress testing. I await a [H]ardOCP FACTUAL review for my purchasing. Sure thats gonna be ways away from now, but I trust it the most.

After all we DO want to root for success from Intel on this guys. We want that extra competitor in the arena for all our sake.

Arctic Sound seems like a very odd name for a GPU
My condolences to the marketing dept that will have to deal with that! :LOL:

Jesus, this video was completely unwatchable. This mofo is just all over the place and sounds like he did a line of crystal before making this shit.

FOCUS and give INFORMATION...damn.

I am not sure who the target market for this kind of video is. Forget microdosing, this guy is on the next level. Presentation aside, I would like to see intel actually put a decent product out.

Such a bizarre video. Why the bathroom? I have to know.

And why even show his face when it doesn't matter? I hate Youtube 'news'. I like my articles in a written format.

Back