Intel's missing the high times of 2014 it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who don't know better or corporate procurement forced into it by a inability to switch thanks to it being a monumental task.

Honestly if they package in the best they can for midigations for the known exploits and sell it for budget office/home desktops and AiO's it will sell well enough.

But then it wouldn't be fast enough... :ROFLMAO:

But then it wouldn't be fast enough... :ROFLMAO:
The average office PC is little more than a glorified email box, almost any application that requires heavy lifting is centralized and access is controlled through some sort of RDP application (eg. Citrix), the bulk of my users including my heavy Adobe/Blender users are now using Celeron machines and they are thankful for the noticable upgrade.... Only real upgrade was a nicer Ethernet interface to their client, and the EPYC's installed back at the datacenter. But they don't need to know that.

The average office PC is little more than a glorified email box, almost any application that requires heavy lifting is centralized and access is controlled through some sort of RDP application (eg. Citrix), the bulk of my users including my heavy Adobe/Blender users are now using Celeron machines and they are thankful for the noticable upgrade.... Only real upgrade was a nicer Ethernet interface to their client, and the EPYC's installed back at the datacenter. But they don't need to know that.
This. The computers at my jobs are 2 core ivy bridge CPUs... With 4gb of ram it barely a email box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back