Intel's flagship Xe-HPG DG2 Gaming GPU Spotted On GeekBench

Will they support Free Sync?

Given the difficulties purchasing Nvidia and AMD GPUs if these have 1/2-way decent rendering speed and the drivers dont suck then they will sell like the proverbial hot cakes - provided, of course, that Intel has the supply lines to get needed key parts.

Or perhaps I am just bitter about not being able to buy an rx6800xt yet. :)

Given the difficulties purchasing Nvidia and AMD GPUs if these have 1/2-way decent rendering speed and the drivers dont suck then they will sell like the proverbial hot cakes - provided, of course, that Intel has the supply lines to get needed key parts.

They have more of a chance in supporting Freesync than G-Sync I would assume.

As a Linux guy I have more faith in Intel drivers than Nvidia, as Intel does have pretty good drivers for Linux and they're open source. I for one like my Vega 56 thanks to Raja Koduri, so I expect good things from Intel.

WCC manages to burry the lead here once again. Anybody else notice that 16/24 core Intel 12’th Gen with the swanky DDR5 that was running that video card??
Regarding OpenCL performance I’m a little sad there. But not shocked, OpenCL isn’t really used by many gaming titles it’s more a compute thing, I would rather they focus those cores for gaming applications and try as much as possible to leave workstation and compute out of it.

Back