Intel's 8th Generation Core Family - Coffee Lake (LGA 1151, 6C/12T)

Where do you expect Core i7-8700K's Turbo to land?

• 3.8/3.9 GHz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.0/4.1 GHz

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 4.2/4.3 GHz

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • 4.4/4.5 GHz

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 4.6/4.7 GHz

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just have to be patient and wait, larger delivers will come and the prices will go back to list price. Not like your in a dire need to upgrade right away.

Plus its a dead end platform. I am still debating whether or not I want to keep this chip and board right now. I have about 8 more days to make my mind up with Microcenter. I have an awesome threadripper system already.

How do you sell a product taht is paper launched? Amazon doesn't seem to be even bothering with CFL much right now. Newegg is just having fun with it:

bundle.PNG

That SSD can be found for $180 on Amazon AND Newegg. So, even if you are in the market for that particular drive, you are still paying $150 over "Intel intended" prices. What a deal!

Gottta love how those 8700k prices are creeping up.

Intel needs to take a page from Nvidia's book and simply sell CPUs directly to consumers so that we don't have to listen to paid AMD shills whinge about retailer gouging due to spectacular demand as 70% of the volume of posts of "end user" forums.

That is why Capitalism rules. We get paid for this shit and Newegg still manages to makes some money off of rich kids on a low yield product. Hooray Capitalism!

Intel needs to take a page from Nvidia's book and simply sell CPUs directly to consumers so that we don't have to listen to paid AMD shills whinge about retailer gouging due to spectacular demand as 70% of the volume of posts of "end user" forums.

I'd much rather have to read the "8700k is pointless don't buy it" posts a la the 1070 Ti thread instead of getting pinged with a notification about a reply to the thread only to have to read literally copy-paste from AMD shill headquarters' directives of "OMG INTEL GOUGING EVERYONE NO VOLUME LULULULULZ INTEL BANKRUPT NEXT MONTH".

Inappropriate Behavior
That is why Capitalism rules. We get paid for this shit and Newegg still manages to makes some money off of rich kids on a low yield product. Hooray Capitalism!

Indeed, you get paid to shill on forums with umpteen accounts talking to yourself for 10 cents per post in bangalore completely destroying the usefulness of "enthusiast forums".

Yay capitalism...

Inappropriate Behavior
I'd much rather have to read the "8700k is pointless don't buy it" posts a la the 1070 Ti thread instead of getting pinged with a notification about a reply to the thread only to have to read literally copy-paste from AMD shill headquarters' directives of "OMG INTEL GOUGING EVERYONE NO VOLUME LULULULULZ INTEL BANKRUPT NEXT MONTH".

Says the guy who is shilling so hard for Intel that he calls rational people who have Intel components AMD shills because they don't like something about Intel.

How do you sell a product taht is paper launched? Amazon doesn't seem to be even bothering with CFL much right now. Newegg is just having fun with it.

<snip>

Aren't paper launcxhed outside Newegg and Amazon. I can purchase that i3 that you mention not only today, but cheaper. I gave you links in another thread.

Says the guy who is shilling so hard for Intel that he calls rational people who have Intel components AMD shills because they don't like something about Intel.

That is part of the irony behind certain AMD shills. They are 24/7 posting in forums how evil is Intel and how fantastic are AMD products... but in the end they purchase Intel chips.

I don't know anyone who honestly wants AMD to do bad, but as soon as you start pointing out deficiencies, you're suddenly on Intel's payroll...

Had AMD stomped Intel for gaming with Ryzen like they did against the P4, which is what the majority of enthusiasts use higher-performance personal computers for, then most of us would have a different opinion.

Most of us.

That is part of the irony behind certain AMD shills. They are 24/7 posting in forums how evil is Intel and how fantastic are AMD products... but in the end they purchase Intel chips.

Both of you need to give it a rest. You can't call out AMD shills while being two of the five biggest Intel shills on this site yourselves :p.

How do you sell a product taht is paper launched? Amazon doesn't seem to be even bothering with CFL much right now. Newegg is just having fun with it:

View attachment 41206

That SSD can be found for $180 on Amazon AND Newegg. So, even if you are in the market for that particular drive, you are still paying $150 over "Intel intended" prices. What a deal!

only cpus that are extremely hard to find right now are 8600k and 8700k. as of right now i can go out and buy a 8100, 8350k, 8400 or even a 8700 locally for fair prices (130, 190, 190, 330 respectively) their stock is low but they have had them in stock for over a week. Fry's is also getting stock in on these lately my Fry's had some 8700k's in stock at 400 yesterday morning before they opened but I they got snatched up online for in store pickup very fast.

Both of you need to give it a rest. You can't call out AMD shills while being two of the five biggest Intel shills on this site yourselves :p.

The post immediately above yours nailed it: "I don't know anyone who honestly wants AMD to do bad, but as soon as you start pointing out deficiencies, you're suddenly on Intel's payroll..."

The post immediately above yours nailed it: "I don't know anyone who honestly wants AMD to do bad, but as soon as you start pointing out deficiencies, you're suddenly on Intel's payroll..."
If you can make money being one sided for Intel, more power to you.

View attachment 41206

Those are 3rd party sellers. They are not sold by Newegg themselves. The one with just the Intel CPU is from newegg and the price been rising with never actually having stock lol.

EOY 2017 - Cannonlake Y
Q1'18 - Cannonlake U 2C,
Q2'18 - Coffeelake GT3e and 6C GT2
H2'18 Icelake Y/U HVM - Due to BKs claims on "Higher complexity designs" in the July call.
BTS 2018 - Coffeelake 8C Desktop

H1 2019 for Icelake S/H

Source- https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/w...rocessors-and-chipsets/ice-lake/overview.html

Reminding you that this is a highly optimistic "prediction"
If you can make money being one sided for Intel, more power to you.

This is from my forum post over in AnandTech - DO NOT take this as confirmed - this is my opinion and my prediction
ep922Mx.png

The rest of the post is a screen shot (of the source) and the source that Akiba posted

Bottom line is that in Synthetic Benchmarks, with the L9i, you will probably get fulll speed in short bursts at full fan speed, which is loud.However, sustained turbo is in the 3.3-3.5GHZ range, and it hits 90-95c.

That was on an open bench. If you want full turbo, you need better than an L9i.

That said, if you trim the power usage back to what a 8700T might pull, you can still have this CPU for when better cooling comes out.

EDIT for UPDATE: I just started doing some serious gaming benchmarks on the system. I played BF1, on Ultra, at 2688x1680 (1920x1200 super sampled by 1.4 times). Graphics card is a MSI Aero ITX 1070. At a rock sold 60 FPS (work monitor doesn't go past 60HZ), I saw the CPU boost to 4.3GHZ on all cores. Temps would spike into the 90s on occasion, but the clocks did not throttle.

For gaming, BF1 at least, seems to be fine when using the L9i.
Thanks I just care if throttles during normal use not benchmarks

Thanks I just care if throttles during normal use not benchmarks

I just completed a few more tests:

1 hour of BF 1: no throttle

20 min stability test in 3DMark, no throttle.

Next I'm going to try CIV 5 and a premier Pro render. Tomorrow...zzzquil kicked in now ^_~

I just completed a few more tests:

1 hour of BF 1: no throttle

20 min stability test in 3DMark, no throttle.

Next I'm going to try CIV 5 and a premier Pro render. Tomorrow...zzzquil kicked in now ^_~

Thanks for your testing! Really thinking about this after looking at the formula x and code boards!

Then is 8C CoffeLake finally coming to us?

well that sucks. was hoping 8 core to be on 10nm+.
icelake would give us not only 2 more cores but possible IPC increase, better efficiency due to new architecture but not the binned silicons

Just realized 8700K's are going for $600-$650 on Ebay. Really regret not buying some when I had the chance and selling them off.

Just realized 8700K's are going for $600-$650 on Ebay. Really regret not buying some when I had the chance and selling them off.
Some people are not the brightest. I checked the completed listings..... They will eventually be in stock with no price gouging.

well that sucks. was hoping 8 core to be on 10nm+.
icelake would give us not only 2 more cores but possible IPC increase, better efficiency due to new architecture but not the binned silicons

This doesn't mean icelake is NOT getting 8 cores, it just means that CFL users will have an extra upgrade part.

It would be pretty messed up if z390 is required for the 8 core CFL, lol.

Randomly refreshed Newegg and the 8700K is in-stock.

EDIT: Apparently I have godlike timing because I loaded the page immediately after they went in-stock.
Just ordered one, gonna flip it on Ebay to pay for my delidded/binned chip.

Last edited:
Back