Intel's 10th-gen processors haven't been announced, but they are for sale

erek

[H]F Junkie
Heh, not sure what to make of this. Kinda funny though

"Intel has sent out a wave of engineering sample processors, a few dozen of which are (allegedly) available for purchase on Taobao. If they actually shipped you one, then you’d be getting some very powerful hardware: those same engineering samples are beating their predecessors by 15-20% in a handful of online benchmarks."

https://www.techspot.com/news/84033-intel-10th-gen-processors-havent-announced-but-they.html

That's great, you got a paperweight!

These are useless until the motherboards drop. (Maybe this seller has a few.)

then you’d be getting some very powerful hardware: those same engineering samples are beating their predecessors by 15-20% in a handful of online benchmarks

But it's an Intel processor... how powerful can it be? And wow, 15-20% in a handful of online benchmarks? So are they engineering benchmarks to take advantage of specifically what they can do?

Wrong number of pins this time. Can't wait to see the adapter!
Eh. People will probably find the extra pins do nothing and the mod will include pulling the excess pins out. lol

ok on a serious note, Intel already said the new pins are for future, incremental IO features. So if Intel had kept the same package keying, we honestly probably could mod away the currently unused pins.

lol..... locked and roughly matches a 3700X..... pfff!

Yeah, I know.... OEMs and all that.
But even the OEMs will start to wonder why they are using more expensive Intel CPUs for the same or less performance.

Eventually even "Karen" the soccer mom will ask somebody who knows and end up buying a new AMD system.
The OEMs know this.

something very interesting on the backside: compatibility for an Intel Socket that does not yet exist.
Is it really that interesting? I thought that was Intel's SOP was to have as few chipsets as possible occupy any given pin arrangement.

So if Intel had kept the same package keying, we honestly probably could mod away the currently unused pins.

You're gonna get people in here telling you if you don't have every last one of them you run the risk of melting your CPU at some point.

Is it really that interesting? I thought that was Intel's SOP was to have as few chipsets as possible occupy any given pin arrangement.

I think the idea is that Intel hasn't come right out and said on the record that the next socket is 1200 pins, even though there's been leaks. An actual product saying it works with a socket that nobody's seen yet though is probably a pretty good confirmation.

lol..... locked and roughly matches a 3700X..... pfff!

Yeah, I know.... OEMs and all that.
But even the OEMs will start to wonder why they are using more expensive Intel CPUs for the same or less performance.

Eventually even "Karen" the soccer mom will ask somebody who knows and end up buying a new AMD system.
The OEMs know this.

Lol, that's a 9900k. They will probably charge $350 for it (K version at $400, 10-core at $500)

And by the time you will actually be able to purchase these in-quantity, AMD will have Zen 4000 available to spoil the launch.

Remember when the 9900k took 6 months before you could buy it at MSRP? They certainly don't have their fab issues sorted out yet,

Intel has a CPU thats 20% faster than current gen but also top secret? Can't wait to pair it with big Navi

Remember when the 9900k took 6 months before you could buy it at MSRP?
Nope. Just went on Newegg and bought mine. Far easier than what 3900X and 3950X customers went through...

They certainly don't have their fab issues sorted out yet,

These two things aren't related. Intel has no problem pumping out parts from their highly-optimized 14nm lines. 10nm? 7nm? Oh yeah. But the 9900K and its ilk aren't that.

1582346283271.png

These two things aren't related. Intel has no problem pumping out parts from their highly-optimized 14nm lines.

Do you think [H] is that stupid?
Why is the 10980XE not on amazon or newegg then?
Because they can't make enough of those huge dies and would rather sell the few they can as Xeons, because they have massive supply issues according to many enterprise and desktop customer posts on here for months now who can't even get their basic bitch desktop stuff either.

They were banking on 7nm, which has caused constraint on 14nm fabs as they have to also make other products for other markets on those fabs too. Everything has compressed on to 14nm.

Do you think [H] is that stupid?
Do you?

Why is the 10980XE not on amazon or newegg then?
Because it's not one reason -- we should decide that another reason from a wide range of possibilities is the reason because of... bias?

Because they can't make enough of those huge dies and would rather sell the few they can as Xeons
So would any business -- the the Xeon demand is high, why sell for less?

because they have massive supply issues according to many enterprise and desktop customer posts on here for months now who can't even get their basic bitch desktop stuff either.

So does AMD... both companies just had record quarters. US economy is skyrocketing, perhaps demand overall is high?

They were banking on 7nm, which has caused constraint on 14nm fabs as they have to also make other products for other markets on those fabs too. Everything has compressed on to 14nm.

I don't disagree, as Intel has said this themselves. However, the 10980XE is not the 9900K I bought, quite readily, off Newegg. They did go out of stock occasionally, but nothing like we saw with the AMD launches.

Do you?

Because it's not one reason -- we should decide that another reason from a wide range of possibilities is the reason because of... bias?

So would any business -- the the Xeon demand is high, why sell for less?

So does AMD... both companies just had record quarters. US economy is skyrocketing, perhaps demand overall is high?

I don't disagree, as Intel has said this themselves. However, the 10980XE is not the 9900K I bought, quite readily, off Newegg. They did go out of stock occasionally, but nothing like we saw with the AMD launches.
You claimed they have no problem pumping out 14nm parts. Meanwhile you can't buy their 10980XE on two major websites?
Of course demand is high. It doesn't mean they have 'no problem' pumping out 14nm as you admitted.

You claimed they have no problem pumping out 14nm parts. Meanwhile you can't buy their 10980XE on two major websites?
Of course demand is high. It doesn't mean they have 'no problem' pumping out 14nm as you admitted.
Problem keeping up with demand is not the same as a production problem.

nothing wrong with being released 5 months ago and being literally vaporware everywhere.

you can just buy AMD and not have to hold your breath waiting for one.

nothing wrong with being released 5 months ago and being literally vaporware everywhere.

you can just buy AMD and not have to hold your breath waiting for one.

To be fair when the 7700k was in the market and the threadrippers were just coming out and launched you couldn't get one. thats why I went when a 7700k then. Now I'm on Ryzen because it's the best bang for my buck. But yes AMD had issue with it's first runs... I don't see evidence of that same issue today with current runs.

Eh. People will probably find the extra pins do nothing and the mod will include pulling the excess pins out. lol

ok on a serious note, Intel already said the new pins are for future, incremental IO features. So if Intel had kept the same package keying, we honestly probably could mod away the currently unused pins.

Source for that? I thought they were for increased power delivery because of TDP and boost power surging to try and keep up with the competition.

Source for that? I thought they were for increased power delivery because of TDP and boost power surging to try and keep up with the competition.
Saw it in an article that said Intel said they are for future IO upgrades last week when I was looking up info on the new socket.

Problem keeping up with demand is not the same as a production problem.

Yes it is. Not meeting demand means you cannot produce enough to get products that are need. That is literally a problem of production. Whether it’s not enough fab space or whatever it is still a production problem. What else would you call it?

To be fair when the 7700k was in the market and the threadrippers were just coming out and launched you couldn't get one. thats why I went when a 7700k then. Now I'm on Ryzen because it's the best bang for my buck. But yes AMD had issue with it's first runs... I don't see evidence of that same issue today with current runs.
threadrippers and 7700ks aren't even in the same class even back then.

threadrippers and 7700ks aren't even in the same class even back then.

Maybe it was a Ryzen then but at the time I was willing to spend a couple hundred more on a threadripper for 12 cores... today I have that with a Ryzen. Guess it pays to wait. ;)

Yes it is. Not meeting demand means you cannot produce enough to get products that are need. That is literally a problem of production. Whether it’s not enough fab space or whatever it is still a production problem. What else would you call it?
I just don't consider not having enough production to be the same thing as yield issues etc.

The original point being that Intel has no problem producing 14nm parts, versus the problems seen with their 10nm parts and perhaps their 7nm parts too.

Back