Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 alternatives

Dmitri

n00b
My second intellimouse has developed a left click issue where it double clicks erratically or looses left click while dragging. Had the same issue with my previous one, seems to be the hardware itself.

Ergonomically I really like the intellimouse, are there any decent alternatives to the MS hardware people can recommend?

Thanks BurnToast, that Steelseries looks like exactly what I'm after. Hopefully the build quality is better than the MS mice.

razer deathadder, almost exactly the same shape and button placement as the intellimouse explorer.

How's the lift distance on the deathadder? Loved the tiny lift distance on the IE3.0, been using a laser mouse the last year or two, and it keeps tracking at 3-4x the liftoff distance my old IE3.0 would cut off at.

I'm also a 3.0 user, and from what I've read, I'd probably check out the DeathAdder first if I was in a position to switch.

I've tried a G500, and ended up hating it. It was a very different feel. It just didn't suit me.

Had a intellimouse 3.0 a few years ago loved it , switched to a Deathadder when it died and never looked back .. though ive always wanted one of those custom paint job 3.0s

it depends on how much you want to spend - I used a logitech mx518 mouse and its been great ever since - you can find some pretty cheap ones on ebay and online -

If you enjoy the shape of the MS 3.0 you have several choices...

Personal favorite is the Zowie EC2, low lift off distance, same sensor as Mx518 so can never get it to skip or have neg/pos acceleration. EC2 is smaller however, the EC1 would probably be much closer to the MS 3.0.

Beyond that:

Razer Deathadder
Gigabyte M8000x
Tek Republic TM (Sharkoon Fireglider)
Raptor Gaming LM3

I do strongly recommend the Zowie mouse, ONLY negative if you even see it as one is sensor prediction, however it's not noticeable for me.

Another vote for Razer DeathAdder. In fact, I have a DeathAdder and Intellimouse 3.0 sitting on my desk in front of me. Really close in the way they feel and respond.

How's the lift distance on the deathadder? Loved the tiny lift distance on the IE3.0, been using a laser mouse the last year or two, and it keeps tracking at 3-4x the liftoff distance my old IE3.0 would cut off at.

I used a first gen deathadder for a little of a week, the lift distance is a lot greater than the 3.0. I did the scotch tape over the sensor trick and it fixed it to where I could play cs like normal. Sadly the rubberized top was creating enough friction between my palm and the mouse it would alter my vertical movements enough to where it was effecting me so I went back to the 3.0.

Very quirky things that most people wouldn't have a problem with so it could be the perfect mouse for you.

I ordered a steelseries Xai today. The long liftoff distance with the deathadder concerns me a bit, and the Xai is supposed to have "calibration" for liftoff distance, so I'm hoping that helps. I also like the extra two right side buttons on the Xai, I can think for a few uses for those (as long as they don't get in the way). It helped I found it for $59 shipped instead of $90+ though.

I have several intelimouse that i have rebuilt
i still have an original explorer

break it down and clean it and maybe replace a switch, usually dirt can cause the clicking problem you have

Back