Intel Z97 take this MB and shove it...

SonDa5

Supreme [H]ardness
If 4790k isn't released soon (Monday Morning) I'm returning my Z97 MB to the retailer I bought it from.

Anyone else having the same thought?

I returned a perfectly good AOC monitor a while back because it was "too slow". Felt kinda bad for returning it because it was flawless it just wasn't 120hz (which is the reason I shouldn't have bought one). I wanted a new mobo for other reasons than just gearing for DC and there's nothing inherently wrong with the z97 board I got so I'm keeping it. I didn't get a z97 board because of rumors that DC would be z97 only, I mostly got one because it has a nicer fan controller (I have no room for any mounted drives or controllers in my case) and because of the m.2 port. Are those good reasons to get a new board. NO. Not really unless you just want to for giggles.

Sir,

I've had no such thought with the rig in my sig. I'm upgrading no matter what. But, I'm sure if I placed myself in your shoes and had the rig that you got then I would probably have the thoughts that you're having. As mentioned in another thread microcenter may be receiving some 4790k's. Additional information about a late release may still be imminent however. We'll just have to wait another day or two. We're all getting anxious about this (especially me included). . . Boy hasn't this release been a little stressful? Why? Well because 1) Did they actually fix the TIM? 2) The debate whether or not it'll be compatible with z87 (mostly resolved by now). 3) When is the release date? 4) Is it 4.0GHz/4.4 GHz Boost? 5) Will it give us breakfast in bed in the mornings?

DC release uncertain. DC works on Z87.

I'm returning my SOC Force Z97.

Lame release of Z97 and DC.

...why did you buy a Z97 board before you knew you would have a processor to put in it?

Of all people, I'd think computer enthusiasts would know that you get a better deal when you wait.

I didn't want to wait. I wanted to enjoy exclusive DC chip on exclusive Z97 MB today or in a reasonable time frame. I have been sitting on SOC Force for almost a month looking forward to release of DC CPU.

I don't see the point in Z97 MB if DC works in Z87 and I have 4 different Z87 MB models to play with and I have 2x4770ks.

I like the SOC Force Z97 but I thought DC was exclusive to Z97 and its not.

Last edited:
I didn't want to wait. I wanted to enjoy exclusive DC chip on exclusive Z97 MB today or in a reasonable time frame. I have been sitting on SOC Force for almost a month looking forward to release of DC CPU.

I don't see the point in Z97 MB if DC works in Z87 and I have 4 different Z87 MB models to play with and I have 2x4770ks.

4 Z87 boards is kind of overkill don't u think but to each his own

DC release uncertain. DC works on Z87.

I'm returning my SOC Force Z97.

Lame release of Z97 and DC.

A few ppl on other forums kept refuting the idea that DC would be compatible with Z87. And if ur sure that it will be then that'll be a sigh of relief ;).

no way , SonDa is [H]. I am a bit disappointed he won't be delidding the 4790k and benching the Z97 though :p

To me the hoopla over DC is kind of overated. It'll be a shame for the folks that order it to only get marginal difference from the 4770K.

It was never confirmed that DC was Z97 only, more like a sketchy inference. I mean, I've heard some bullshit in my day, but complaining that a chip isn't exclusive to a chipset and that the whole chipset (that actually includes some otherwise useful features, no less) is a waste of time is a new one... especially because you readily admit that you didn't want to wait. Well thats what you get for buying based on unconfirmed information and you sure as hell won't be getting any sympathy from me...

no way , SonDa is [H]. I am a bit disappointed he won't be delidding the 4790k and benching the Z97 though :p

I will still be delidding DC and I may even be running a Z97 MB with it.

For today I feel returning the Z97 SOC Force was needed. I actually got some satisfaction from doing so.

I will still be delidding DC and I may even be running a Z97 MB with it.

For today I feel returning the Z97 SOC Force was needed. I actually got some satisfaction from doing so.

Hey man, not to be invasive but why are u using 4 different Z87 boards. Is it mainly for benchmarking?
S/N: Good to hear that you will be benchmarking the 4970K when u get it. I would be inclined to know ur findings.

Hey man, not to be invasive but why are u using 4 different Z87 boards. Is it mainly for benchmarking?
S/N: Good to hear that you will be benchmarking the 4970K when u get it. I would be inclined to know ur findings.

I don't use them all the time. I have a 2x4770k, one is delidded and the other is brand new sealed in a box. Living close to MicroCenter I have gotten some great deals on this stuff. The UD3H is still sealed in the box never opened. The Z87-UD4H was an open box hot deal with a discount when purchased with a $199.99 4770k deal. I just like hardware alot and if I don't ever use these mother boards I'm sure I can sell them and possibly make a profit on this stuff.

I currently own Gigabyte Z87-UD3h, Gigabyte Z87-UD4H, AsusZ87 Maximus Impact VI, ASRock Z87M OC Formula and owned a Gigabyte Z87 OC for awhile but got rid of it.

I have 2 HD7950s that I want to run in crossfire with Devils CAnyon and right now its looking like I will have them matched up with a 4790k and the Asrock Z87m Formula which is a superb micro ATX over clocking mother board.

I was thinking about getting the SOC Force Z97 but once I found out Devils Canyon works with Z87 mother boards I really don't need or want to get a Z97 MB.

I have wanted a high quality Gigabyte MB with IR 3550 ICs on the VRM for awhile now but Gigbyte hasn't used them in a long time.

If the new Gigabyte Z97 SOC FORCE LN uses the IR3550 IC I will probably get it but I just have to figure out how to mount a water block to it for water cooling.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/m...th-gigabyte-kingston-to-push-ddr3-to-4-50ghz/

Back