Intel Xeon Processor E7 v4 Family Speeds Data, Transforms Business

HardOCP News

[H] News
Dramatic growth in the volume and variety of data is bringing unprecedented opportunities for businesses – healthcare to transportation, banking to manufacturing – to make new discoveries and to deliver improved services and customer experiences. The key opportunity is turning the massive amount of core business data plus new sources of unstructured data into actionable and timely insights. In fact, research is finding that companies that use data-driven insights are two times more likely to have top quartile financial performance and five times more likely to make decisions faster than their competition, so it is no surprise that many companies are investing in analytics.

The Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800/4800 v4 families offer robust performance, the industry’s largest memory capacity per socket 2, advanced reliability and hardware enhanced security for real-time analytics so that businesses can rapidly gain actionable insights from massive and complex data sets. They are optimal for scale-up platforms, delivering large in-memory computing for real-time analytics as well as data-intensive workloads such as online transaction processing (OLTP), supply chain management (SCM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP), among others. The Intel Xeon processor E7 v4 family delivers up to 1.4 times higher performance, up to 10 times better performance for dollar.

And of course an obligatory benchmark:

Supermicro X10QBi - Geekbench Browser

(that's 4 of the Xeon E7-8890 v4, mind you, not just one so divide that multicore by 4 and roughly get 37.8K on Geekbench which is still tremendous even so)

NOW I DEFINITELYI WANT ONE... but two would be better, obviously. :D

That's a $7000 chip :eek:

Don't think my boss would approve it since I just bought a server with dual E5-2630 (2.2Ghz, 10 core), 96GB ram and 16TB of disk space for about the same price.:p

Back