Intel Xeon E5603 Westmere-EP 1.6GHz Socket 1366 Processors

LV7lOE5.jpg

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

If i were to buy a tv or any other electronic equipment new and never open it for 3 or 4 years it would not be worth anywhere close to the msrp if i tried to sell it. You are trying to sell an old processor for the suggested retail price it sold at brand new when it was the newest socket on the market. It has been surpassed multiple times and is worth almost nothing now.

Most people on this thread have no interest in buying this from you and are simply trying to help.

In all honesty after reading through the thread you end up looking like you are simply trying to troll people with your posts.

How could I be trolling my own thread though by the way? I think it's the other way around when you are practically doing what everyone else has done, which is post once pretty much and leave. If it's because I'm hard to deal with fine. I've already said many many times why I don't agree and you as well as them keep replying with unfair comparisons.

LOL @ Evt.

Scharf - Dude.. just do what you want to do. Sell it for the price that you want, there is no need to justify it to us. It is obvious that people on [H] that have the 1366 wont be interested in the processor. Just lock the thread and move on.

- Ton

Just because an item is listed for sale at X price all over the web doesn't mean anyone is buying at that price. Not trying to give you hard time but for all we know those cpus have been sitting on a shelf for 6 months.

My boss does that same thing when pricing items and can't figure out why they don't move. " I see them buy it now one ebay for $600 so that's what we are gunna price it at." Just ignores the finished auctions for $300.

Either way good luck with the sale! I hope you get the most you can!

How do I lock thread if I want to though? I'm not sure I do, but I'm done for now. Also, now I wait for them to sell again and hope they do as well. I know their not the best either, but at least my listing is getting more views from people who might be interested, but aren't watching. That's a little bit of a relief too.

Just because an item is listed for sale at X price all over the web doesn't mean anyone is buying at that price. Not trying to give you hard time but for all we know those cpus have been sitting on a shelf for 6 months.

My boss does that same thing when pricing items and can't figure out why they don't move. " I see them buy it now one ebay for $600 so that's what we are gunna price it at." Just ignores the finished auctions for $300.

Either way good luck with the sale! I hope you get the most you can!

Thank you! and thank you for everyone who helped or tried to help. Turns out it was just as I thought for the most part and that is there just no pleasing some people. Also I'm just going to have to be patient and stay at my current price if I don't want to lose anymore of my invest and sell at price that might still be appealing to the customer. I get what some of you are saying that I'm not a retail store because I'm currently a private seller and if I was I'd have an even bigger problem to deal with.

One more thing I'd like to point out is that people outside these threads see this and well... Also these thread some how get hack and posted else where without the pictures and the full story, which is messed up and believe me you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it happen to your own threads.

Scharf,

At the top of the thread, there is something call Thread Tool. Click on it.. and there should be an option to mark the thread dead or closed. Sorry.. havent done it in a while. You can only do this to your own thread, unless you are a moderator.

- Ton

Ok it's listed here for less than mine and it says it's boxed, so I guess I'm lowering my price. However, not to where any of these replies besides from myself have. Here it is for less than what I found it listed for:

http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.aspx?itemid=1463663246&partno=BX80614E5603&rid=1

Now this link: http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.aspx?itemid=1463663246&partno=BX80614E5603&rid=1 shows them for $330, so what should I do now because it was showing them at around $100 and I currently have mine list for $97? I have a lot of views, but no watchers and obviously no one bought them yet. What are people expecting these are new boxed processors from RMA and yes they are from an older platform, but they have features that the earlier Bloomfield and Nehalem didn't have have especially AES instructions and up to 288 GB memory support. It can be found here: https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...Zw&ei=5u7QVJmrHY6zyAShqoLgDg&ved=0CIMEENkrMAA for around $200 except here: http://www.upgradebay.com/Products/..._content=pla&gclid=CNTGjL6RxsMCFZCIaQodF7MARA, which has it for around $94. I could lower the price again to compete with Upgradebay's price, but is that really necessary.

Scharf... Why are you bringing this thread back? From this entire thread, you seem to have already made up your mind and dont care for our input.

Do what you want to do. put it up from $330 and see if anyone buys it. Or leave it at is. Its up to you. Its all a case of supply and demand. From what we can see.. there isnt much of a demand for that processor (New or Use or Rma). The longer you hold on to the processor the more it depreciate.. new or used. Its not a classic where the price appreciates over time.

- Ton

I think I already said this but just because someone lists the price that high doesn't mean anyone is buying it.

This is [H] so we are probably not the people to ask. Most of us would rather have a used L5640 for $60

If you really want to know what your cpus are worth put them up for auction. At the end of the day they are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. You may get more if you hold out for the right buyer, or you may get less if that buyer never comes along.

Hey Kardonxt,

I actually might be picking one of those up for my x58 motherboard. I wanted more cores and lower heat. Seems like a no brainer to get.

- Ton

TiTON. I thought about picking one up for no reason because of how cheap they are. Just so you know the seller who has a bunch at 67 OBO countered my $50 offer with $65. other than the odd auction i havent seen any under that... yet

Hey Kardonxt,

I actually saw that seller. I was thinking of doing an offer to. They are actually like 10 miles from my house :)

You guys aren't much help. I'm listening, but can't lower the price to much or I'll be taking to much of a loss and would be practically giving these away. You can't seriously expect me to sell my processors, which are in excellent condition at the price of some other used model because that's just not a fair comparison even if none of you would buy it. I'll lower my price a little more to compete with other retailers especially the ones I mentioned and try to patiently wait. Thanks for attempting to help with your replies.

I have temporarily ended this listing for these processors because I may have a use for them at my brothers business.

I am absolutely sure I want to sell the processors now. They have been relisted as Buy it Now here:

Intel Xeon E5603 Westmere-EP 1.6GHz Socket 1366 Processor 1066MHz FSB

I'm about to just end the listing for these and give them to my cousin for my brothers business possibly. I'm not to happy about it either because these processors are still priced at $179 or so retail and a little less for OEM Tray. However, that's not the problem, but instead it's this I tried everything I can and nothing is working like it used to. I can't sell these at any price because buyers expect me to sell them for way to little and it hurts because I'm not a business, so I can't take the loss they expect me to take because I don't get bulk discounts and I've tried competing with the lower prices too. However, it doesn't work and I even offered or best offer near the lowest price, but no one likes this or hasn't figured it out. Either way though it's not selling and I'm not even sure if these are still covered under warranty anymore and all it seem like is that buyers are using unfair marketing techniques against me to get me to sell at their price demands.

I paid around the suggest retail price for the original versions of these before using the originals to test in my Asus socket 1366 server board before I sold it and sent these in for RMA when I realized one of the chips had a bad memory controller. Now I have the replacements from RMA, but they won't sell for some reason and all I get is that these have been surpassed many times saying their not worth anything because of it. Nobody sees a need for these either or by passes them for 2011v1 or v2 or v3 or maybe 1356 or E3's even if the two of these processor have almost all the current feature and that they support a significantly more amount of memory none of that matters to any buyer and the price doesn't seem to matter either. That's 3 years of trying to sell these down the drain and I don't know what else to say or do. Fair market value didn't work and people expect me to depreciate them to the point were I either give them away or practically give them away. I'm just going to leave it at what my brother said who was studying accounting, which is "If you depreciate something it will practically be worth nothing" and that what ypir doing to me and expect me to do as well as compete with against businesses who actually can do that when I'm a private seller and can't do that or compete with that, so I'm done trying to sell these. If anyone was interested their chance is up because I'm pulling these.

I'm tired of all the unfair comparisons and spoof websites people find to compare to my listing to even if their not aware that they are doing this either. If anything a quick google search will do is first give a list of actual competing sellers that give a fair comparison and none of you even compared mine with that. Instead you went with the lowest price you can find and didn't even state that actual business not private sellers are still selling these around the suggested price or higher, which I can't complete with or the ridiculously low prices my perspective buyers expect me to compete and you as well. Unless some can convince me otherwise I'm pulling these as stated in the previous paragraph.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
OMG!!!! This thread is over a year old and you just held on to the processor?

Just give it to your cousins brother business and be done. You have tried long and hard, and no one has purchased it for the price you want

It seems that giving away to the fam is the only solution that you will accept. So just do it. As you can see the prices you want is not what people are willing to spend

The only reason I responded is because I am actually hunting for xeon processor for my spare x58 mobo.

Good luck.

Ton

OMG!!!! This thread is over a year old and you just held on to the processor?

Just give it to your cousins brother business and be done. You have tried long and hard, and no one has purchased it for the price you want

It seems that giving away to the fam is the only solution that you will accept. So just do it. As you can see the prices you want is not what people are willing to spend

The only reason I responded is because I am actually hunting for xeon processor for my spare x58 mobo.

Good luck.

Ton

How much are you willing to spend on a Xeon for socket 1366 especially if it's Westmere-EP and if that even matters to you?

Does it really matter? I am looking for a 6 Core 1366 for my motherboard. Probably looking to spend around 60'ish.

I'm about to just end the listing for these and give them to my cousin for my brothers business possibly.

Thats your best bet, if you had listened to people a year ago and lowered your price, you could have sold them, but instead you now have 2 paperweights

I agree with posters above. The processor is way out of bounds on pricing. You don't have to take anybody's word for it, just watch how long it would take to sell if it would sell at all

Man, even after a year, the continued drama coming from the OP still rustles my (and other peoples) jimmies!

I think part of the reason you can't get your price is because 70% of people who have a socket 1366 motherboard probably don't even know what a Xeon is. It's something only people with IT experience or a little server knowledge would even recognize in the first place. Most consumer motherboards won't advertise compatibility with Xeons even if they have it, so buying them is something of a risk for the average consumer. That's why they're priced low on a place like eBay. The low clock speed and high number of cores won't appeal to the average consumer.

Would your processor be worth that price to a business that needed replacement parts for an aging server that wasn't very clock-speed sensitive running some kind of multi-threaded application? Quite possibly, but most businesses will have the money to buy a new server. And most reputable businesses don't source parts from eBay. They'll pay the premium to a reputable source like AVADirect for old server parts. You're selling something built for the server closet to the masses who don't appreciate Xeons or their feature set. You might be able to sell it to a company that tests these parts thoroughly and resells them to large businesses, but you won't get much better price.

Compare the prices on eBay for something like a genuine QX9770 to the Xeon equivalent... you'll see that the originals can still fetch hundreds of dollars, where as people will only pay a fraction of that for the Xeon equivalents. It's all about branding and marketing... Intel has marketed Core 2 Quad Extreme, and older Xeons just don't fetch good prices in the market unless you're AVADirect or some other supplier that businesses go to for replacement server parts.

In other words, the big money in business will go for large suppliers due to contracts, paranoia, and need for reliability... while the big money on the consumer side will go to the chips with the best marketing and name recognition. Gamers and enthusiasts know what a QX9770 is. They don't know what a Xeon is, or at best they'll have some vague sense that it's something people shove in a server closet that's probably not useful to the average consumer.

I'm saying, you are not in a position to command the price you're asking. As an individual seller of an enterprise-class part, your bargaining power is extremely limited.

I think part of the reason you can't get your price is because 70% of people who have a socket 1366 motherboard probably don't even know what a Xeon is. It's something only people with IT experience or a little server knowledge would even recognize in the first place. Most consumer motherboards won't advertise compatibility with Xeons even if they have it, so buying them is something of a risk for the average consumer. That's why they're priced low on a place like eBay. The low clock speed and high number of cores won't appeal to the average consumer.

Would your processor be worth that price to a business that needed replacement parts for an aging server that wasn't very clock-speed sensitive running some kind of multi-threaded application? Quite possibly, but most businesses will have the money to buy a new server. And most reputable businesses don't source parts from eBay. They'll pay the premium to a reputable source like AVADirect for old server parts. You're selling something built for the server closet to the masses who don't appreciate Xeons or their feature set. You might be able to sell it to a company that tests these parts thoroughly and resells them to large businesses, but you won't get much better price.

Compare the prices on eBay for something like a genuine QX9770 to the Xeon equivalent... you'll see that the originals can still fetch hundreds of dollars, where as people will only pay a fraction of that for the Xeon equivalents. It's all about branding and marketing... Intel has marketed Core 2 Quad Extreme, and older Xeons just don't fetch good prices in the market unless you're AVADirect or some other supplier that businesses go to for replacement server parts.

In other words, the big money in business will go for large suppliers due to contracts, paranoia, and need for reliability... while the big money on the consumer side will go to the chips with the best marketing and name recognition. Gamers and enthusiasts know what a QX9770 is. They don't know what a Xeon is, or at best they'll have some vague sense that it's something people shove in a server closet that's probably not useful to the average consumer.

I'm saying, you are not in a position to command the price you're asking. As an individual seller of an enterprise-class part, your bargaining power is extremely limited.

That's the thing though I'm not a business and I don't know of any forums that cater to businesses especially when they are so secretive about sharing information and only buy from other businesses.

No, its because you can buy one for $8.99.

Where can you get these for $8.99? I think your making this up and I wouldn't buy these for that price because they probably don't work or have a warranty. Also at that price your really scrapping the bottom of the barrel to get a good deal and I think I've priced mine reasonably low enough compared to other reputable sellers and businesses even if I'm not a business. I can't take a the kind of loss you expect me to take by selling mine for that low anyway and I disagree that these belong at the bottom of a trash can, like my cousin said because these processors have advantages of desktop processors that either users on here don't understand or care about and I can't appeal to the business crowd that would on here or by not being a business. Obviously more memory support and more processor features aren't appealing to anyone using something that lacks these or they are using something better, like E5 2011v1, v2, v3, or maybe even E3's or the highend 4th, or just 5th and 6th generation I series processor because they have better feature than these processors even if they don't support as much memory. I'll lower the price when necessary compared to reasonable fair market comparision, but I'm not going to depreciate them or sell them for a ridiculously low $8.99 because that's obsurd.

I think the problem is every one here sees that the E56xx chips are really out dated and not worth nearly what you feel they are. The warranty doesn't really matter. For the price you were asking for your processors you can buy multiple and have spares.

You can pick up the E5-2670 V1 for ~$60 each now an they blow those chips out of the water (ARK | Compare Intel® Products). Motherboards for the 1366 chips are cheaper but for the price of your processors and motherboard to go with it you can buy a dual E5-2670 with Intel Motherboard and 64GB of ram. See this thread on STH Motherboard/CPU/Memory Bundles for sale )

Lot of crap for 106 even do get spares. The jerk that sells you a lot of Xeons for 106 is probably selling you ones that don't work or have bad memory controllers, but go right ahead and buy those because I don't care. Aparently I can't get a fair comparison on this site anyway and cheapo's would rather buy dirt cheap crap than something more reliable. I'll bet you wouldn't care if new processors cost 106 for a lot or 8.99 each because you'd like that wouldn't you. After all it's not like you have to make them or paid the high prices of processors in the past and are stuck trying to turn around and sell them without out taking to much of a loss. I'll use my 980x as an example I paid $999, but sold it for $300 three years latter because people drove such a hard bargain and I couldn't get more, but you guys talk about this being a gaming community and gaming processor are more appealing. The thing is you expect me to sell my stuff for practically nothing and make unfair comparisons.

I think the problem is every one here sees that the E56xx chips are really out dated and not worth nearly what you feel they are. The warranty doesn't really matter. For the price you were asking for your processors you can buy multiple and have spares.

You can pick up the E5-2670 V1 for ~$60 each now an they blow those chips out of the water (ARK | Compare Intel® Products). Motherboards for the 1366 chips are cheaper but for the price of your processors and motherboard to go with it you can buy a dual E5-2670 with Intel Motherboard and 64GB of ram. See this thread on STH Motherboard/CPU/Memory Bundles for sale )

Yea thanks for comparing mine to a once in a life time opportunity although I guess mine is too. I've done all that I can though and I'm taking best offers too, but you people are ridiculous and just seem reply with these responses to piss me off. To quite honest I'm using E5 2603's right now in my latest build because I can't afford better at the moment, so I find it hard to believe theirs no one else in the same situation or worse that can make use of these or might have a need for them. I mean I want a far quad core or a six core, but can't do it and find something reliable. The only thing I see is that either the people on here are cheapos or worse off than me and are in desperate need of a good bargain, which I can deal with just not these unfair comparisons.

I had W5580's with these, but they had bad memory controller's. Therefore, I'd be taking a huge risk if the entire memory controller suddenly died or loss in internal bandwidth with them, so I didn't keep them and I don't want to keep these because I have no motherboard for them. I'm not helping anybody out by giving them to my cousin because he turns around and sells them anyway. Also he baits you with the low price and then gauges you an shipping for way more than that, so how is that any better. He specifically told me if I would have build him a server with the parts when I had them that him and my brother would turn around and sell them for golf money, so mean while they use a shotty old desktop as their file server and don't take much advantage of business technology.

In addition, have a poor solution in the event of failure from what I've been told and don't have an I.T. department to run it, so I don't know how they handle it. However, I think they let any warehouse employee do almost anything they want to keep the system working , which is fine in that sense. However, that is not secure even if if their not handling important information, but what about credit card information. I don't think he outsources either, but he does have a solution that is working for the most part and that's what I've had to deal with when offering to help. it's not really my place to help, but those would be my concerns, but I'm getting off topic probably. Basically I can't even give these away to someone who has more need for them than someone who might be able to pay for them too, which is also frustrating and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Where can you get these for $8.99? I think your making this up and I wouldn't buy these for that price because they probably don't work or have a warranty. Also at that price your really scrapping the bottom of the barrel to get a good deal and I think I've priced mine reasonably low enough compared to other reputable sellers and businesses even if I'm not a business. I can't take a the kind of loss you expect me to take by selling mine for that low anyway and I disagree that these belong at the bottom of a trash can, like my cousin said because these processors have advantages of desktop processors that either users on here don't understand or care about and I can't appeal to the business crowd that would on here or by not being a business. Obviously more memory support and more processor features aren't appealing to anyone using something that lacks these or they are using something better, like E5 2011v1, v2, v3, or maybe even E3's or the highend 4th, or just 5th and 6th generation I series processor because they have better feature than these processors even if they don't support as much memory. I'll lower the price when necessary compared to reasonable fair market comparision, but I'm not going to depreciate them or sell them for a ridiculously low $8.99 because that's obsurd.

I'm not asking you to lower your price, you should ask whatever it is you want.
I'm only giving you input because you seem confused about why they are not selling

As far as where to get one for $8.99, I'm not making that up at all, its already been shown that you can get one here.
Intel® Xeon® Processor E5603 4M Cache 1.60 GHz 4.80 GT/s Processor (SLC2F)

Yea thanks for comparing mine to a once in a life time opportunity although I guess mine is too. I've done all that I can though and I'm taking best offers too, but you people are ridiculous and just seem reply with these responses to piss me off. To quite honest I'm using E5 2603's right now in my latest build because I can't afford better at the moment, so I find it hard to believe theirs no one else in the same situation or worse that can make use of these or might have a need for them. I mean I want a far quad core or a six core, but can't do it and find something reliable. The only thing I see is that either the people on here are cheapos or worse off than me and are in desperate need of a good bargain, which I can deal with just not these unfair comparisons.

I had W5580's with these, but they had bad memory controller's. Therefore, I'd be taking a huge risk if the entire memory controller suddenly died or loss in internal bandwidth with them, so I didn't keep them and I don't want to keep these because I have no motherboard for them. I'm not helping anybody out by giving them to my cousin because he turns around and sells them anyway. Also he baits you with the low price and then gauges you an shipping for way more than that, so how is that any better. He specifically told me if I would have build him a server with the parts when I had them that him and my brother would turn around and sell them for golf money, so mean while they use a shotty old desktop as their file server and don't take much advantage of business technology.

In addition, have a poor solution in the event of failure from what I've been told and don't have an I.T. department to run it, so I don't know how they handle it. However, I think they let any warehouse employee do almost anything they want to keep the system working , which is fine in that sense. However, that is not secure even if if their not handling important information, but what about credit card information. I don't think he outsources either, but he does have a solution that is working for the most part and that's what I've had to deal with when offering to help. it's not really my place to help, but those would be my concerns, but I'm getting off topic probably. Basically I can't even give these away to someone who has more need for them than someone who might be able to pay for them too, which is also frustrating and I'll leave it at that.

The E5-2670 is not a once in a life time thing, the low prices have been going on for more than a few months dropping from over $200 to $60. You are going to see more and more newer chips coming up for lower prices (pushing yours even further away) as datacenter hardware gets off lease and gets parted out (that's where these E5-2670's are coming from). You can try to sell your chips for as much as you want but on here don't expect much from them. People here are on average are more tech savvy than your normal person off the street and they are not going to pay a premium for a long discontinued slower chip. That's not to say you are not going to find a buyer, there could be someone keeping a old machine running and wants exactly what you are selling. Good luck, server hardware is fickle market.

I'm not asking you to lower your price, you should ask whatever it is you want.
I'm only giving you input because you seem confused about why they are not selling

As far as where to get one for $8.99, I'm not making that up at all, its already been shown that you can get one here.
Intel® Xeon® Processor E5603 4M Cache 1.60 GHz 4.80 GT/s Processor (SLC2F)

I know your not making it up, but you are comparing mine unfairly to a used version and don't try to state that it has be surpassed several times either because I'm well aware of that and have lowered my price to what I think is reasonable. I don't think I should have to price mine for the price of a used lot or single used processor either because that's not a fair comparison and not fair market value. My processors didn't depreciate that much since the E5 2011v3 Xeons and from what Gigabyte tech support told me the 2011 has been discontinued, so something better may not come soon anyway. I priced these at the suggested price and put the link on here to attract buyers from here and get feed back, but all I'm getting is unfair comparisons and more. If I can't sell these for more than the Core i3 I'm also selling something is wrong and it's not the price it's the customers I'm marketing to.

The E5-2670 is not a once in a life time thing, the low prices have been going on for more than a few months dropping from over $200 to $60. You are going to see more and more newer chips coming up for lower prices (pushing yours even further away) as datacenter hardware gets off lease and gets parted out (that's where these E5-2670's are coming from). You can try to sell your chips for as much as you want but on here don't expect much from them. People here are on average are more tech savvy than your normal person off the street and they are not going to pay a premium for a long discontinued slower chip. That's not to say you are not going to find a buyer, there could be someone keeping a old machine running and wants exactly what you are selling. Good luck, server hardware is fickle market.

Yes, but that offer is and I'm not going to see new 2011 Xeon anytime soon because Gigabyte said they have been discontined. I don't think these have depreciated as much as you want me to think just because they are slower discontinued chips. These are designed to be used in pairs, so two of these make 3.2 Ghz working for you and then if you mulitiply 1.6 Ghz times the number of cores that's 12.8 GHz working for you plus the 4.8 Giga transfers and 4M cache, so these are fine for anyone needing a server or who has the old hardware laying around as you stated and thank you. However, you and Ttype85 can't expect me to appeal to people only willing to pay these prices for what I'm offering.

I talked about my cousin in a previous reply because my offer is reasonable and I'm not hidding any fees or gauging on shipping to make a profit, but something is wrong if he can sell that way and I can't sell being upfront with my buyers. You can gaurantee I will insure these for what it will cost to buy them at Intel's suggested price to unlike the listing your comparing me to and my cousin, so I'm covering my buyer against shipping problems. Not many sellers can say that and hopefully the warranty is still valid if it comes down to that, so the buyer is protected their too. That's why I don't like these unfair comparisons and don't know why my processors can't sell for more than almost nothing. Heck I was even talked down to $300 for my UPS, which is 1650 watts and the people on here are still trying to talk me down to $200 just because they saw a 1320 watt UPS for about that much and it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back