Intel Xeon E5603 Westmere-EP 1.6GHz Socket 1366 Processors

I have a lot of 2 Intel Xeon E5603 Westmere-EP 1.6GHz Socket 1366 Processors on ebay that I bought 4/1/2013 and were returned from RMA 8/11/2014 due to a memory controller failure in one of the processors. They were previously used to test the Asus Z8PE-D12X motherboard only for processor compatibilty before they were RMA'd. However, I've had them for sale for awhile now and no one is showing any interest in them. Does anyone think I'm asking to much because they have been replaced by RMA, the recommended customer price is $188.00 tray or $195.00 box and I'm offering them for $179.95 Buy it Now with free shipping. Also the processor supports most of the current features found in the lastest Xeon series processors if not all. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231305579362?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Some people don't like upside-down pictures. To me it says sloppy or lazy. A quick Google search shows them as low as $97.00 too.

Some people don't like upside-down pictures. To me it says sloppy or lazy. A quick Google search shows them as low as $97.00 too.

Yea I know nobody likes upside down pictures, but My Mac or ebay did that and wouldn't let me rotate them. As for them being as low as $97 um where are you seeing this and did you read it right because this: http://www.directron.com/bx80614e5603.html shows them for $197 and their out of stock. Also it's only fair to compare them to new processors of the same model and version, so if there not box processors then don't point things like this out.

Last edited:
Here is the hard part. The CPU is brand new.. which is awesome. But the socket 1366 are very old. Most people, if they had boards that old would be getting the fastest 1366 chips available, which is like less than $100 used. There is just really no demand for that processor

You are offering a new e5603. This is a Quad Core, 4MB Cachce, 80watts, running 1.6Ghz. Which is pretty slow performance.

They are offering Westmere L5640 for $80. This is a 6core, 12MB Cache, 60watts, running 2.26Ghz. This is a faster, more cores, and cooler processor. If you push closer to $100, you can get even faster, but the watss do go up.

I am only putting my input, because I actually have two older 1366 boards I am looking to upgrade processors (I am running older i7 920 and 950 procs).

As a hobbyist, I know that this socket is still very useful, but I am not going to pay a premium for a new processor. There are too many current gen processors that would be a better deal.

I am sure there is someone that will want a brand new processor, its just won't be quick. So you either have to decide to what you want. Do you want to move it quick.. then you have to drop the price. If you want to keep the higher price, you will have to be patient. Either way.. good luck with your sale.

- Ton

Here is the hard part. The CPU is brand new.. which is awesome. But the socket 1366 are very old. Most people, if they had boards that old would be getting the fastest 1366 chips available, which is like less than $100 used. There is just really no demand for that processor

You are offering a new e5603. This is a Quad Core, 4MB Cachce, 80watts, running 1.6Ghz. Which is pretty slow performance.

They are offering Westmere L5640 for $80. This is a 6core, 12MB Cache, 60watts, running 2.26Ghz. This is a faster, more cores, and cooler processor. If you push closer to $100, you can get even faster, but the watss do go up.

I am only putting my input, because I actually have two older 1366 boards I am looking to upgrade processors (I am running older i7 920 and 950 procs).

As a hobbyist, I know that this socket is still very useful, but I am not going to pay a premium for a new processor. There are too many current gen processors that would be a better deal.

I am sure there is someone that will want a brand new processor, its just won't be quick. So you either have to decide to what you want. Do you want to move it quick.. then you have to drop the price. If you want to keep the higher price, you will have to be patient. Either way.. good luck with your sale.

- Ton

The processor you mentioned the L5640 is $999 for Box and $996 for Tray as recommended price. If you find this or any other processor better used than what I'm selling new by RMA then chances are the memory controller might be bad and if not your extremely lucky or fortunate in that case. I think people are just driving to hard of a bargain and maybe even low balling or some other technique to get me to bring the price down to something that will satisfy them and that's not gonna happen because I don't see anyone else that has this processor in stock and in that same condition for less to justify lower the price.

The only reason I posted it here is find someone interested and not negotiate price. However if I did ask if I'm asking to much then I want advice and proof to justify doing, so or else I'm taking a huge loss as usual because people drive such a hard bargain. After all these have not been opened after being returned from RMA, so I don't see why no is interested if they need an affordable processor in this price range.

The only catch to this processor was that if you owned say an Asus Z8PE-D12X then you needed an older processor like the W5580 or W5590, which are extremely expensive to flash the bios to a newer version for processor like this E5603 to POST properly and if there is another way then I don't know. However, that's what worked for me by doing what I said in the previous sentence. This is what you have to deal with if your going to buy the fastest processors for an old socket 1366 board, which are expensive for motherboards by themselves instead of buying an inexpensive processor like the one I'm selling.

When I did my speech on a server for my instructor, so he could decide which one to pretend to buy. He said he wanted at least a 2.0 GHz quad core, so I guess that could be why no one is showing interest in this processor because it has such a low clockspeed and no hyper-threading. If anyone would be interested in this it would be someone who may not care or just wants a starter or test system to get hands on experience with networking equipment like I did. If anyone is interested though please check out my listing and buy them if they meet your needs. One last thing it's not that I want to move quick, but that I want people to see my listing if their looking for this and haven't found it.

Last edited:
Please understand.. i am not trying to thread crap at all. You should sell the processor for a price that you believe is fair to you. If I was buying a processor for a job / client, I would definitely go with a new processor. There is no headache and you have some recourse with Intel directly. There are benefits for buying new. Its just hard, because the socket is a few generations back. People that are in search for 1366 are typically hobbyist.

If you want to sell it on the forum, I would suggest posting it in the For Sale Forum here. I've sold and bought a lot of stuff here. The folks on here are great.

If you want to sell it for what you are asking for, just stick to your guns and keep it there. Either way, good luck with your sale.

- Ton

I don't want to sell it on here because I don't like the hassle of having bump my listing up and having to worry about it getting buried. Plus unlike ebay the buyer can't just search for my item as many times as he wants because this sight restricts the number of searches you can do in a row and I just don't feel forums are the right place for selling things even if it works for some people. I tried selling my EVGA Geforce GTX 480's on here in the past and I didn't like the experience, but it did help advertise or bring awareness to the sale. I just don't know what the problem is they are priced fairly according to fair market value an economic term as far as I can tell and include free shipping.

Yea you might be right about that, but I'm hoping to appeal to someone who either already has a 1366 system or has found or needs a way to build an inexpensive socket 1366 system. Not someone who wants to build a system using the latest and greastest because that's not necessarily always more inexpensive. As I said I can't just lower my price with nothing to justify or compare it to that will justify it without taking a huge loss especially on something in this condition. I could see if I used it for a few years, it actually got used, didn't get replaced by RMA, and someone else was selling them in the same condition for less and had them in stock. I'm being as fair and honest as possible with the description and practices being used. The only thing else I could do is possibly add a policy on return of some sort, but I don't want to do that and complicate things. I keep it simple no returns unless it absolutely was not as described or doesn't work in otherwords DOA and I prefer to let ebay decide the outcome if necessary.

I also think you're asking far too much. It's over 4 generations old at this point, and why would I buy that when I can buy this for similar price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117288

and it will be probably 4x faster performance than yours? And that's a brand new CPU too. I'm sure if I started looking for used E3 Ivy's I'd be able to find low-mid $100's.

I meant to quote this.

Yea you might be right about that, but I'm hoping to appeal to someone who either already has a 1366 system or has found or needs a way to build an inexpensive socket 1366 system. Not someone who wants to build a system using the latest and greastest because that's not necessarily always more inexpensive. As I said I can't just lower my price with nothing to justify or compare it to that will justify it without taking a huge loss especially on something in this condition. I could see if I used it for a few years, it actually got used, didn't get replaced by RMA, and someone else was selling them in the same condition for less and had them in stock. I'm being as fair and honest as possible with the description and practices being used. The only thing else I could do is possibly add a policy on return of some sort, but I don't want to do that and complicate things. I keep it simple no returns unless it absolutely was not as described or doesn't work in other words DOA and I prefer to let ebay decide the outcome if necessary. One more thing I also insure the item for what it would cost to replace it and not what you paid for it, which is something that really irritates me about shipcover provided by ebay because it won't allow me to and USPS will. That's really important because I don't want the buyer to get screwed regardless of if I may make it seem difficult to get a return, since I have to protect myself as well. I also realize that anyone who buys these is scrapping the bottem of the barrel, which I guess I was too, although I was trying to spend as little as possible to just test the board these were used with before I sold it.

Last edited:
Please understand.. i am not trying to thread crap at all. You should sell the processor for a price that you believe is fair to you. If I was buying a processor for a job / client, I would definitely go with a new processor. There is no headache and you have some recourse with Intel directly. There are benefits for buying new. Its just hard, because the socket is a few generations back. People that are in search for 1366 are typically hobbyist.

If you want to sell it on the forum, I would suggest posting it in the For Sale Forum here. I've sold and bought a lot of stuff here. The folks on here are great.

If you want to sell it for what you are asking for, just stick to your guns and keep it there. Either way, good luck with your sale.

- Ton

I meant to quote this.

I don't want to sell it on here because I don't like the hassle of having bump my listing up and having to worry about it getting buried. Plus unlike ebay the buyer can't just search for my item as many times as he wants because this sight restricts the number of searches you can do in a row and I just don't feel forums are the right place for selling things even if it works for some people. I tried selling my EVGA Geforce GTX 480's on here in the past and I didn't like the experience, but it did help advertise or bring awareness to the sale. I just don't know what the problem is they are priced fairly according to fair market value an economic term as far as I can tell and include free shipping.

Well I didn't find it anywhere for less yet, but here it is as tray for $228.99 I don't know if its in stock though:

http://www.eio.com/c-722-cpus-processors.aspx?pagesize=12&sectionids=483,1545,,1186&ViewType=2

Also here are several other sellers that still have slightly higher prices:

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...bg&ei=SIO9VOOEDoSogwSRvICQBw&ved=0CPEDEKYrMAA

Finally here are some re-sellers retailing it as tray and some are priced lower than mine, but since these are not retail boxed is that just cause for me selling mine for less though:

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...kw&ei=SIO9VOOEDoSogwSRvICQBw&ved=0CIMEEKYrMAE

According to Intel the boxed processor has a 3.66% difference in price between the tray, which rounds out to about a $7 difference in price at 195 for boxed and 188 for tray, so I guess my processor should only be 3.66% higher than the lowest or average of the tray processors. Here is how I figured out the percentage difference:

Percent difference = ( | ΔV |/ ( ∑V/2) ) * 100 = ( | (V1 - V2) | / ((V1 + V2)/2) ) * 100

For example one, to calculate the percentage difference:

What is the percentage difference between 5 and 7?
Let V1 = 5 and V2 = 7 and plug numbers into our formula ( | (V1 - V2) | / ((V1 + V2)/2) ) * 100
( | (5 - 7) | / ((5 + 7)/2) ) * 100
= ( |-2| / (12/2)) * 100
= ( 2/6 )* 100
= 0.3333 * 100
33.33% difference
Note that if we let V1 = 7 and V2 = 5 we would still have a difference of 33.33%.

Now for the average price of all that the tray processors total out to I will add up all the prices and divide by the number of venders selling them:

That would make the average price 151.182 or $151.18 rounded to two decimal places, so if I take 3.66 % of that I guess I should only charge $156.71 for these boxed processors. Does that still sound to high for these and if so should the price be 3.66 % higher than the lowest price of the tray processors.

If so then that would make the price about $109.79 unless there is a better way to do it using economics.

Last edited:
Click the little box on the left of the ebay listing page results that says "Sold" and then sort by most recent. Set price accordingly for how fast you want it to sell based on that data.

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/834/Intel_Xeon_E5603_vs_Intel_Xeon_X5670.html

Is probably why they won't sell.

You can get those 5670s on ebay all day long for your price and a lot less.

Once again I'm going to point out that if your buying an expensive processor at a bargain price especially on ebay or anywhere else you need to be extremely careful your not buying one with a defective memory controller or else all the channels may not work and the memory won't be recognized in the slot for that channel. If you don't believe me watch my youtube video for the either this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KATf2iob44

or the W5580 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5cGDtOtH0s

Keep in mind that the system was supposed to have and read 12 GB of memory and only read 10 GB.

Last edited:
According to Intel the boxed processor has a 3.66% difference in price between the tray, which rounds out to about a $7 difference in price at 195 for boxed and 188 for tray, so I guess my processor should only be 3.66% higher than the lowest or average of the tray processors. Here is how I figured out the percentage difference:

Percent difference = ( | ΔV |/ ( ∑V/2) ) * 100 = ( | (V1 - V2) | / ((V1 + V2)/2) ) * 100

For example one, to calculate the percentage difference:

What is the percentage difference between 5 and 7?
Let V1 = 5 and V2 = 7 and plug numbers into our formula ( | (V1 - V2) | / ((V1 + V2)/2) ) * 100
( | (5 - 7) | / ((5 + 7)/2) ) * 100
= ( |-2| / (12/2)) * 100
= ( 2/6 )* 100
= 0.3333 * 100
33.33% difference
Note that if we let V1 = 7 and V2 = 5 we would still have a difference of 33.33%.

Now for the average price of all that the tray processors total out to I will add up all the prices and divide by the number of venders selling them:

That would make the average price 151.182 or $151.18 rounded to two decimal places, so if I take 3.66 % of that I guess I should only charge $156.71 for these boxed processors. Does that still sound to high for these and if so should the price be 3.66 % higher than the lowest price of the tray processors.

If so then that would make the price about $109.79 unless there is a better way to do it using economics.

I'm going to base it around the price of the average first and see how it goes. If it goes badly I will list it at around the price of the lowest.

Of course the person selling something new will point out potential problems with used items... that's expected from any seller but it doesn't change the fact that there are much higher performance used items selling for cheaper, and that according to ebay the HIGHEST priced this went for was $124 but other than that 1 were talking around 45 bucks...

Your pricing is just insane for that CPU. No offense of course meant toward you.

My 02 on pricing things.

I have a new in sealed packaging Pentium II Xeon I keep on a shelf because I think it's cool. The CPU was $829, I think I would have a hard time selling it at $700 even though that's a great price compared to new.

It may be worth adding OBO to the listing so you don't turn away people who may be willing to pay a bit of a premium for new.

Last edited:
I was gonna lower these to $109.79, but I just can't see doing that when the New Intel Xeon E5-2600v3 processor lowest recommended price is $217 for box and $213.00 for tray. Also the E5-2600v2 the Intel Xeon E5-2600v2 recommended lowest price is $202.00 for tray. If I must compare even further back then the Intel Xeon E5-2600 recommended lowest price is $207.00 box and $198.00 tray. Also the lowest price for a box version of the equivalent is $207.99 here:

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...bg&ei=SIO9VOOEDoSogwSRvICQBw&ved=0CPEDEKYrMAA

The only way I'll lower it any further is if I have a guaranteed buyer and if anyone believes I should sell if for the price of the lowest cost tray version of the equivalent model, but I really can't afford to take anymore of a loss though.

Huh?

Who cares what Tray or MSRP is you're selling OLD OLD equipment.

I picked up 4 brand new servers from newEgg with XEONs in them (Sandy Generation) I paid a few bucks more for the ENTIRE SERVER NEW than the CPU cost currently from newegg.. Tray and MSRP mean 0 for old equipment.

Your trying to justify or rationalize your price... great.

It won't help you sell it. You will still have a hard time selling the CPUs for $106/each.

Huh?

I picked up 4 brand new servers from newEgg with XEONs in them (Sandy Generation) I paid a few bucks more for the ENTIRE SERVER NEW than the CPU cost currently from newegg.. Tray and MSRP mean 0 for old equipment.

It won't help you sell it. You will still have a hard time selling the CPUs for $106/each.

Oh I suppose I should sell them for even less than that because you said this. Well I'm not, but you and everyone who's viewed my listing probably thinks I should. I know places that are still using the previous generation socket 771 processor, so the age of the equipment is hardly the issue. The bottom line might also be that I only have two and most buyers may be looking for more than two because they have more than two servers and/or they just don't like my price.

No company goes out and buys the latest and greatest products anyway if that what your thinking even if you do. I'm not trying to justify although maybe I'm trying to rationalize, so that I can protect myself from losing to much of my investment in these and I think my reasons are pretty good compare to all the replies that suggest you can get this or something better for about the same price if not less when those items are not new and may have defective memory controllers considering they may not be new.

You paid a few extra dollars more than the current cost of the Sandy Generation processor each, but what problems did you run into and how much more did you have to pay to get them up and running. That is all and I hope any further replies are only from people with actually suggestion or interest in my listing. After all these are intended mostly for system builders not for people who go out and buy preassembled systems and may or may not end up spending more because they ended up having more problems.

You simply got lucky if you didn't anyway. That kind of deal your talking about doesn't happen very often and that kind of investment is a huge risk in an attempt to avoid further problems up front.

Oh and try telling that to Intel or any other reseller.

Last edited:
Huh?

Another thing if you got that kinda deal you just want something for practically nothing if not nothing as well as anyone else who agrees with you and don't want to put the work into paying for the investment and that's saying something about you and them.

Big run on sorry about doing that, but it had to be said.

Last edited:
Another thing if you got that kinda deal you just want something for practically nothing if not nothing as well as anyone else who agrees with you and don't want to put the work into paying for the investment and that's saying something about you and them.

Wow. I think you may have taken it a bit too far. You don't know me or anyone else in this thread, why are you making it about "us".

:rolleyes:

We only tried to help you with your pricing. It's ebay, you're not a retail store and it's old equipment...

Settle down scharf. People are just trying to help based on their experience. If you want to accept some website's estimation of what your kit is worth, then that's fine, but you asked for input. You're not a retail store, you're selling RMA cpus with only half the remaining warrantee, and they're older, lower end tech. Value is based on what the market will pay. In this case, there were/are a flood of 1366 pin server CPUs on the market which have pushed prices way down. For example, there's a big thread here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1783399 with faster CPUs for about the same amount. People are just telling you what they're experience is, but you will find out when your CPUs don't sell.

Don't ask the question if you won't listen to the answer.

I'm listening, but I don't agree or like giving in because of these trends or demands. Intel says one thing and some cheapo say's another or does another thinks there getting a better deal. if they are that's fine, but the chances of that happening are very slim. Usually it's the seller who uses unfair persuasion technique's, but now I feel like there always being used against me by the buyer. It's also seems impossible to sell something on ebay now and break even, so I'm always losing money.

Even on Craig's list people get robbed because people have no ethics or something. It's not like I raised the price to more than I paid for my items either. Would it help if I showed the reciept if that's what they think. How much of a bargain do I have to give people? If I come off like I'm to anxious to sell though I'm sorry about that as well. I've had those processors on there for a long time, like over a year or more and not one person help informed that the memory controller was bad in anyway either before I noticed even though it's my responsibility.

That link to that post of those processors for sale is not a fair comparison either and is why I don't sell on this forum as well. With that kind of thinking it's no wonder I don't want to go retail as well and open a parts store. Your all enthusiast anyway, so you may have different intended uses for a processor such as this and the W5580 listed in my other post. Is it really this hard to sell a processor these day's and does the economy suck that bad as well or am I just over reacting a bit.

After I keep getting my items compared to ridiculously cheep used parts and told that even at the lowest price I'd be willing to go that's it's still high by a bunch of possible cheapskates. I've mentioned several times as well that at those prices the memory controller's may be defective because that's exactly what happened with the W5580's in my other post, but I still get more and more responses like that. Your not helping as much as you think by doing that either. I'm sure you all know that saying "You get what you pay for" too and you get lucky and make out like a bandit then good for you. I've been deeling with this ever since I've reopened my ebay account and started selling stuff and selling and mentioning anything about it here. I always end up having to figure it out myself too because I can't get good solid advice when I ask.

:confused: Wow.

More name calling, and ignorance from the person asking for advice.

It's painfully obvious you are ignorant when it comes to selling things. Everyone here has tried to help you but you keep justifying things "your way" and then more name calling, and then more complaining and bitching from you.

We're all enthusiasts, obviously... this is an enthusiast forum. However, many many of us do related things for a living like IT Managers, LAN Managers, PC repair, and more... in fact some of us sell things for a business and actually specialize in selling online. But, of course none of that advice is useful to you because you "know it all" when it comes to selling... or at-least you've painfully tried to prove that point and fallen flat on your face.

It's obvious you don't care what others say so I'm out of this thread.

"Sorry about the upside down pictures I rotated them, but they wouldn't stay rotated."

You obviously are not the best with computers, who would trust buying 2 CPUs from you when you can't even rotate pictures... it's 1 thing to post them not rotated it's another to admit you can't figure out how to get them to stay rotated.

:confused: Wow.

More name calling, and ignorance from the person asking for advice.

It's painfully obvious you are ignorant when it comes to selling things. Everyone here has tried to help you but you keep justifying things "your way" and then more name calling, and then more complaining and bitching from you.

We're all enthusiasts, obviously... this is an enthusiast forum. However, many many of us do related things for a living like IT Managers, LAN Managers, PC repair, and more... in fact some of us sell things for a business and actually specialize in selling online. But, of course none of that advice is useful to you because you "know it all" when it comes to selling... or at-least you've painfully tried to prove that point and fallen flat on your face.

It's obvious you don't care what others say so I'm out of this thread.

"Sorry about the upside down pictures I rotated them, but they wouldn't stay rotated."

You obviously are not the best with computers, who would trust buying 2 CPUs from you when you can't even rotate pictures... it's 1 thing to post them not rotated it's another to admit you can't figure out how to get them to stay rotated.

I'm not pretending to know it all and it should not be falling in my face. My point is that your all showing me use processors for less and not new boxed or tray. Then your claiming I should sell mine at those prices just because you found used or refurbished at those lower prices. I can get a picture to rotate, but when I uploaded those I was on my Mac Pro and when I uploaded them ebay messed it up, so I'm not sure were the problem in a simple picture rotation lies.

I have my new PC setup and in place now, so I'll transfer the pictures onto something and put them on my PC. It won't be my external hard drive because OS X can't write to NTFS and refuses to even with NTFS-3G drivers installed. Also it won't be on optical because my burning program for blu-ray Roxio toast is messed up for some reason, but it will get done.

If it makes you happy and will convince you I should be trusted as a seller I'll reupload them when I go home this weekend, but as of right now I'm on my college Campus away from home working on my getting my bachelors in CIS-Networking and Minoring in CIS-programming.

If I'm such a bad seller anyway then why do I have 100% positive feedback and decent product descriptions. I think the problem here is with most of the advice given and being able to please whoever is looking to possibly buy these. The name calling if you want to call it that wasn't really directed at you or anyone who replied, but at anyone who's driving such a hard bargain and practically wants something for nothing.

Your insulting my spelling, but that not really the problem though it's probably my punctuation. Thanks you know I used to be a grammar Nazi too, but if I did that to people even if I knew what I was talking about I'd get beat, because no one likes them. Except when then need their help and they are actually making an attempt help. If that's name calling then fine because I don't know any other way to put what you saying about me.

One more thing I tried looking for alternate forums that were not enthusiat based but this forum came up first on the list and the remaining search results where crap. I suppose you think it might be better to ask say the member on tonymacsx86 or tomshardware then even though I don't believe you can sell or ask questions about selling. The problem is that the result's from the responses were used and mine weren't tray or boxed, which is why don't find the advice accurate or helpful and believe it's misleading. That's all I'm saying.

I have a new in sealed packaging Pentium II Xeon I keep on a shelf because I think it's cool. The CPU was $829, I think I would have a hard time selling it at $700 even though that's a great price compared to new.

It may be worth adding OBO to the listing so you don't turn away people who may be willing to pay a bit of a premium for new.

Thanks, but price negotiation on the fly is something I'm not willing to do because I have to choose whether to accept or decline each offer and I don't like it because I feel it allows people to use unfair persuasion techniques against me as the seller even if I may be unintentionally doing it them. No thanks, but I'll just stick with buy it now and as I stated after your post it looks like I have to figure this out for myself as I may have already done so.

If i were to buy a tv or any other electronic equipment new and never open it for 3 or 4 years it would not be worth anywhere close to the msrp if i tried to sell it. You are trying to sell an old processor for the suggested retail price it sold at brand new when it was the newest socket on the market. It has been surpassed multiple times and is worth almost nothing now.

Most people on this thread have no interest in buying this from you and are simply trying to help.

In all honesty after reading through the thread you end up looking like you are simply trying to troll people with your posts.

You don't know what you don't know.

And, FWIW I was never making fun of your spelling :confused:

Why is my price insane? I showed you links to sellers retailing it for around $200 new for box, but because you or anyone else can find some used processor with a good chance of being defective I should sell mine for around that price I don't think so.

Last edited:

Yea because that is ancient compared to a socket 1366 Xeon, which can still perform well compared to the latest generation of processors especially if some companies are still using socket 771 systems. If mine were anything older like a Pentium III Xeon or Pentium 4 Xeon I would agree with you becuase that was back before Executable bit and all the features of the LGA processors, which protect the software and the hardware form viruses and malicious software.

No I'm trying to sell it the suggested or recommended price it's still being sold for. If you would read the entire thread and see my link to all the boxed processors still selling for around $200 new here:

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...=X&ei=mnK_VO7aKtSAygSnooHADg&ved=0CIUEEPMCMAE

I'm asking $157.71 each compared to them as well, but once again because you or someone else can find some processor that maybe better, but is probably defective I should sell mine for around that price because that's all you think it's worth.

When I replaced them by RMA I had these two option and I believe I choose option 1:

Option 1:
We will send you an email with all the information on where and how to send the defective component to us. Once we receive the part in our warranty replacement center, we will send the replacement to you in 3-5 business days. You may package it however you wish as long as we receive the part without any physical damage. The original retail box is recommended.
Please keep in mind that if you use USPS* to send the defective component to us, they deliver to our warranty replacement center only once a week, so this might delay the return process.

If you chose option 1, let me know and I will process the order for you.

Option 2:
We do offer a cross-ship option for our end customers, this is how it works: we charge $25.00 for next business day shipping and a return waybill for the defective product to Intel. Also a pre-authorization charge of the full product amount will be placed on your credit card. When the product arrives to our warranty center, the product price will be refund. Note that the $25.00 for next business day is not refundable.
The pre-authorization charge for the full product amount will be $182.00 per processor.

That was in August of 2014, which was about 5 or 6 six months ago and these may be 4 generation old, but they still perform well compared to the latest Xeon processors. After all as I stated no company buys the lastest and greatest products especially when Intel releases something new almost every year. It simply just not feasible from what I'm been told. One last thing I'd like to point out is that the shipping isn't really free for the seller, but it's at there expense unlike the buyer or at least it's not free for me as the seller. I also add insurance for the the full cost of replacement, so the buyer is completely protected.

Last edited:
LV7lOE5.jpg

Back