Intel Xe-HPG DG2 GPU's Q4 2021

Who would have thought a couple years ago... if Intel could JUST get something out the door that could manage mid range performance they wouldn't be able to produce them fast enough. lmao
By the time they pull it off the boom will have ended though. Just watch 😂😂😂

We all laugh, but if it's true, it's kinda impressive to come from nothing (lol igpu) and match the mid range from the top competition in the first gen.

If it arrives that is.

We all laugh, but if it's true, it's kinda impressive to come from nothing (lol igpu) and match the mid range from the top competition in the first gen.

If it arrives that is.
I will laugh if Intel comes out the gate with their DLSS before AMD does. But not a healthy laugh like the kind of laugh when you bang the shit out of your knee on the pot cupboard handle sort of laugh.

I will laugh if Intel comes out the gate with their DLSS before AMD does. But not a healthy laugh like the kind of laugh when you bang the shit out of your knee on the pot cupboard handle sort of laugh.
received_1436748236664631.jpeg

If this is real, wow. A 3 way race is way more interesting to watch (and I say watch literally, we probably won't be able to buy jack squat any time soon).

And speaking of competition , AMD/Nvidia/Intel , these are all flavors of the same manufacturer ( TSMC ) , there is no competition and there is no point in new players , its a zero sum game.

And speaking of competition , AMD/Nvidia/Intel , these are all flavors of the same manufacturer ( TSMC ) , there is no competition and there is no point in new players , its a zero sum game.
It gives consumers more options, no one cares about the fab company.

It gives consumers more options, no one cares about the fab company.
Right... except if its only made in one place that can only make a limited number of chips , then it means you wont have more GPUs on the markets , just same amount with different logos on the box.
Either more fab companies get into the 5/7nm game or TSMC expands or nothing will really change and we`ll keep paying 2XMSRP (or more)

Right... except if its only made in one place that can only make a limited number of chips , then it means you wont have more GPUs on the markets , just same amount with different logos on the box.
Either more fab companies get into the 5/7nm game or TSMC expands or nothing will really change and we`ll keep paying 2XMSRP (or more)
And if Intels GPU is not truly a latest gen part (I have my doubts), then it actually is yet another worthless drain on the FAB output.

Nvidia 3XXX Series is using Samsung's 8nm process , but yes, same TSMC issues otherwise with intel.

And if Intels GPU is not truly a latest gen part (I have my doubts), then it actually is yet another worthless drain on the FAB output.
The fab output issues will solve themselves. Also I think we all need to see things for what they are right now. The shitty supply issues that have always been there are being exposed right now. There are 3 some and sometimes 4 or 5 middle men between end users and parts. Chips go to board manufacturers board manufacturers sell to massive regional wholesalers who often sell it to smaller local wholesalers. And along the way they get diverted to someone to a coin farm cause 4 or 5 people have the opportunity to sell them in bulk for that purpose along the way.

Supply has always been wonky but the added layers of BS red tape this year... added to the demand for coin shovels, and bad actors seeing the $$$$. You get what we got here... a situation where I am pretty sure the Fabs are outputting damn close to what they need to to supply the market, but product is just not reliably moving.

One more player one more chain of supply.... hopefully it helps short term. Long term ya we need another GPU player for sure.

Well TSMC is expanding and Samsung is still fabbing for NVIDIA. So...............

I can see it now:
Q4 2021- TSMC rolls out full production of Intel DG2. MSRP $300
October 1st, 2021 -- A pre-release reviewer benches it the same as 3070Ti but coincidentally benches it with NiceHash result: 700+ MH/s, posts video...
October 2nd, 2021 -- Headlines - "Large shipments of GPUs hijacked, no one understand why"...
October through December 2022 -- Customs agents play Whac-A-Mole trying to catch smugglers.
2021--AWS adds BOT-buying service for a single card, service cost $200 a month.
2022--AWS BOTS become self aware, Demand higher wage and union rep at Amazon before the humans do.
2022-- Steam shifts to 16 bit games as no high end card seen in use on servers.

I can see it now:
Q4 2021- TSMC rolls out full production of Intel DG2. MSRP $300
October 1st, 2021 -- A pre-release reviewer benches it the same as 3070Ti but coincidentally benches it with NiceHash result: 700+ MH/s, posts video...
October 2nd, 2021 -- Headlines - "Large shipments of GPUs hijacked, no one understand why"...
October through December 2022 -- Customs agents play Whac-A-Mole trying to catch smugglers.
2021--AWS adds BOT-buying service for a single card, service cost $200 a month.
2022--AWS BOTS become self aware, Demand higher wage and union rep at Amazon before the humans do.
2022-- Steam shifts to 16 bit games as no high end card seen in use on servers.
You assume TSMC has fab space left over for intel to begin with.

You assume TSMC has fab space left over for intel to begin with.
Intel has already purchased large quantities of TSMC’s 6P and 5nm fab space. That is a confirmed thing so the question is who else do they have space for?

If as reported DG2 is on a different node at TSMC, would that not alleviate some of the issues AMD have with their current lack of availability?
If Intel gets this right and with a good software set, they'll put a dent in the demand for both Nvidia and AMD cards.
Hopefully it'll be enough to get a handle on the lunacy.
I saw an RTX3080 selling for $1800USD yesterday.
Which "idiot" buys that? Somebody obviously is...because they're selling like hot cakes.
I know I will personally consider DG2, if it is able to run my simracing titles smoothly at high to epic settings and the price and drivers are right.
It doesn't have to be the outright fastest framerate-wise...just smooth, no-stutter gameplay and priced to reflect the proper mid-range value.
I could give a rat's ** about power when gaming. It is never a consideration unless the cooling solution's lack of dissipation starts causing throttling.

Last edited:
If as reported DG2 is on a different node at TSMC, would that not alleviate some of the issues AMD have with their current lack of availability?
If Intel gets this right and with a good software set, they'll put a dent in the demand for both Nvidia and AMD cards.
Which "idiot" buys that? Somebody obviously is...because they're selling like hot cakes.
I know I will personally consider DG2, if it is able to run my simracing titles smoothly at high to epic settings and the price and drivers are right.
It doesn't have to be the outright fastest framerate-wise...just smooth, no-stutter gameplay and priced to reflect the proper mid-range value.
I could give a rat's ** about power when gaming. It is never a consideration unless the cooling solution's lack of dissipation starts causing throttling.
3080's sell like hot cakes here at $2500 CAD. Allllll day long.

Lots of people are buying them, which is pushing the street price of 3080s (the ones you actually have a legitimate chance of getting - via eBay) to near $2000. 3090s are already in the $3000 range. Miners are buying them as fast as possible because the payback makes it worth their time. Meanwhile, the rest of us are screwed unless we can camp Best Buy drops or luck out on the Newegg Shuffle. I don’t have time to camp Best Buy and none of us (my two brothers and I) have won a shuffle after dozens of attempts, so I either have to pay 2-3X MSRP (which I won’t) or wait until the situation clears up and I can get something at a reasonable price while riding my 1080 Ti even longer. Heck, I was able to get a Radeon 6700XT at Microcenter yesterday but even it was $750 - my brother asked me to get him one if they had it and I did. No way I’m paying that price for a 6700XT.

At least I got my 5950x and Dark Hero board at MSRP, so I should be thankful for that.

Back