intel X25M G2 - $249.00 In stock at MWave @ 2:05PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have mentioned that I'm in for one. Let's see how in stock they really are.

Hot damn, thanks for the find! I ordered two of them with 2 day shipping for $509.41.

Also, this deal is most definitely [H]ot, considering that demand for these drives has driven up their price at Amazon (the only other retailer that seems to have them in stock right now) to $329.99. Even Newegg won't be selling them for less than $279.99 when they come back in stock.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm praying I can get a 160gig (2nd Gen) when newegg puts em back in stock on the 2nd.

It's good to go - I've got a tracking number less than an hour and a half later. I called and the guy said my order's shipping out today.

Last edited:
mwave lists two products:

INTEL SSDSA2MH080G2C1 X25M 80GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
and
INTEL SSDSA2MH080G2R5 X25M 80GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Any idea what the "C1" is? Just an error on their part?

Thanks for the quick reply...

I was going to wait on this for a few months... but screw it -- $250 w/2 day shipping and I can definitely fit windows 7, all my apps, and a few games on the 80gb

totally in for one! Lets see if they have enough stock..

edit: either i'm going to get a message that it's oos or i just bought the last one

Got a confirmation mail that the order will be processed for shipment.

Newegg has the 80gb for $499 and the 160gb for $997. I understand price/demand and Newegg's right to charge what they want, but this is completely insane.

Fortunately my 80gb from Newegg arrives tomorrow, $250 minus $25 cashback.

Update: Ouch! Just noticed that Newegg also has the 80gb R5 version for $599.

Last edited:
Newegg has the 80gb for $499 and the 160gb for $997. I understand price/demand and Newegg's right to charge what they want, but this is completely insane.

a bargain at any price :rolleyes:

hope they sell out so price goes higher :D

Out of stock. Congrats to the peeps that managed to grab one before it sold. I think I'll just wait a few months when the stock/demand has normalized for these things.

I just hope the frenzy isn't as crazy for the 5870 when it comes out, cos I need one PRONTO!

Wow... out of stock in just under 3 hours. Amazon actually sells it at $269 and not $339, but shows a ship time of 1 to 4 weeks.

christ. last i read up on ssd's was a few years ago, and my conclusion was that it had a long way to go. didn't bother to look again until now. holy hell, i need one of these. 80gb is still way too much for an os drive. I'd be more than happy with 40gb.

Nice but 80GB...just to increase windows loading times? Wait a year, and buy a 500GB SSD for $70 or so.

you mean decrease. wait a year? You have no idea what the price will be in a year. and by that logic why don't you just wait until they're free.

Nice but 80GB...just to increase windows loading times? Wait a year, and buy a 500GB SSD for $70 or so.

Lawls.

Edit: ruffz, I know. Having to pay $255 kind of pissed me off when they were going for $230 the day before. :(

lmao @ newegg charging $499 for the 80gb. absolutely ridiculous.

80GB isn't too much space at all. I know I need at least 160GB to load all my apps. I don't see how people can get by with 80GB on a laptop and lugging around other drives is no fun, hats why I bought an X61s in the first place.

I want the 160GB version bad but not $500 bad...

With newegg, can't you buy it now and contact support when they get more stock and the price drops?

80GB isn't too much space at all. I know I need at least 160GB to load all my apps. I don't see how people can get by with 80GB on a laptop and lugging around other drives is no fun, hats why I bought an X61s in the first place.

I want the 160GB version bad but not $500 bad...

You have 160GB of applications? :confused:

On my netbook that's 160GB HDD, I have Win 7, Firefox, Thunderbird, Office, Adobe Acrobat. Hardly comes even close to 80GB.

I've got less than 20gb used on my OS partition. Figure when I go SSD, I'd want to put my game on the SSD as well, so figure 22gb if that... Yep, 40gb would be sweet for me. I'd pay $150 for one even.

MWave is letting you order them still. You will autobackorder and they show as stock expected in on the 4th.

Has anyone who got in before they went out of stock received a tracking number?

You have 160GB of applications? :confused:

On my netbook that's 160GB HDD, I have Win 7, Firefox, Thunderbird, Office, Adobe Acrobat. Hardly comes even close to 80GB.

No only $100GB of applications. But I still want more space than that to carry pictures movies etc without having to always plug in a USB drive.

My PC does actualy have 120GB off apps installed though. Hell vista Ultimate itself is huge!

No only $100GB of applications. But I still want more space than that to carry pictures movies etc without having to always plug in a USB drive.

My PC does actualy have 120GB off apps installed though. Hell vista Ultimate itself is huge!

You can swap the optical drive out for a second hard drive in many laptops. That would be an affordable option -- 80gb boot drive and 1tb storage drive.

I did. Selected 2nd Day Air so it should be here tomorrow. Even UPS has it in their system.

Hmm I don't have anything related to tracking yet -- I had ordered it w/2 day also. I paid using paypal I hope that isn't causing the problems... and gmail is down right now so hopefully it came in in the last hour and I just can't check it yet.

You can swap the optical drive out for a second hard drive in many laptops. That would be an affordable option -- 80gb boot drive and 1tb storage drive.

gotcha, although unfortunately mine does not have an optical drive as it was removed to save space by design :p So its not an option for me, but I'd love to have a super compact and quite speedy laptop just a bit larger than a netbook :) I can comfortable watch movies on it while flying. My biggest complaint is startup time, which I optimized a bit using MS config but I know it would be a TON faster with a 160GB Solid state. Unfortunately by the time the prices on them are reasonable I fear my notebook will be completely obsolete.

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3800&review=X61s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back