Intel X25-M SSD Gen2: 80GB - $249.99 ~~ 160GB $479.99 (tankguys.com)

anonuser

[H]ard|Gawd
Not exactly a hot deal because the prices are MSRP + shipping (and tax where applicable), but they are in stock and ready for shipping.

If anyone can't wait a few weeks for supply to catch up with demand, this place is the only option I know of:

http://www.tankguys.com/hard-drives

FYI -- For me the cost for a 80gb was reported at 249.99 + $15 tax + 12.56 shipping = $277.55 (in Florida)

EDIT: 80gb/160gb both sold out :(

Last edited:
80gb version already listed as out of stock. Thanks though, I was about to buy one.

80gb version already listed as out of stock. Thanks though, I was about to buy one.

Already?! Wow... I had one in my cart to check the shipping cost before I posted. They must have sold out in the last 10 minutes :(

so... tempting. I've been trying to be patient and wait until these are easily available.

# of days you are willing to wait / ( today's cost - estimated cost after wait) = additional cost per day

for example:

60 days (2 months) / ( $500 - $440) = $1/day

Now if using this is worth $1 a day extra to you for the next two months than go for it

lol

These guys reliable? Never heard of em.

Edit - nvm, OOS again.

Last edited:
Why is every Intel SSD Drive deal hot here? Are you guys Intel Shills or something? Here is why the deal is COLD.

$249.99 for an 80GB SSD Drive = too expensive for such little space / price gouging.
$479.99 for a 160GB SSD Drive = too expensive for such little space / price gouging.

Stop shilling.

Why is every Intel SSD Drive deal hot here? Are you guys Intel Shills or something? Here is why the deal is COLD.

$249.99 for an 80GB SSD Drive = too expensive for such little space / price gouging.
$479.99 for a 160GB SSD Drive = too expensive for such little space / price gouging.

Stop shilling.

Dude, you seriosuly need to take your thread-shitting ass out of this forum. If you want to debate how unreasonable SSD stoarge prices are compared to conventional hard drives, do it in the storage section. We are VERY sick of seeing your posts in here. This keeps happening and these threads get locked because of you and others. Take a hint, I hope the mods do. They've already had to lock some threads, I assume this one will be next.

Stop shilling.

If it were "too expensive for such little space / price gouging" then they wouldn't be sold out. I agree with the above poster -- in my opinion you should be banned as you contribute nothing to any thread you post in.

By the way: MSRP is not price gouging.

Sorry but anonuser..you are shilling, and that's against forum rules BTW. Don't try to shill these SSD drives and say they are hot just because they are "sold out."

Sorry but PS3, you can't seem to understand why Intel SSDs are great. Educate yourself, then come back later if you have anything sensible to say.

Stop shilling.

Sorry but anonuser..you are shilling, and that's against forum rules BTW. Don't try to shill these SSD drives and say they are hot just because they are "sold out."

1242909939081.jpg

Sorry but PS3, you can't seem to understand why Intel SSDs are great. Educate yourself, then come back later if you have anything sensible to say.

At this point I don't think the guy will ever acknowledge the fact that he's wrong -- the most I can hope for is he gets banned for trolling every intel ssd post.

PS3, why are some video cards way more expensive than others? They generate way more heat and are cumbersome and eat up a ton of power. So why not get a cheaper video card?

Because of the PERFORMANCE.

You fail to understand the difference in performance between a very good SSD and a very fast standard HD. The transfer speeds are typically on par or faster, but the real boost is access times. SSDs have access times many many times faster than standard hard drives.

Compare 8ms to <0.1ms. These drives are typically 80-100x faster on access times IF NOT MORE.

That's where the incredible performance boost comes in.

Please educate yourself before you come back.

Found this kind of interesting.. This website will actually tell you the amount of orders they have for each of their warehouses and when they expect to receive a shipment in said warehouse. Plus they arent price gouging so its kind of affirming if you pre-order from here. http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop...1300000U0123_BBC4878P.shtml&order_id=!ORDERID!

Hmm interesting. I wonder if they just have real-time tracking with their distributors that most of the vendors get their supply from. I doubt that a single retailer would order 1960 drives, especially one that isn't as large as Amazon, Newegg or ZZF. It's still a nice resource to use. Hopefully after the 9th, the price and supply on these will start to stabilize.

The ones from Mwave are also OEM. Mine just came in from UPS. I managed to snag it when it was $249.00. :D

2py94jo.jpg

Hmm interesting. I wonder if they just have real-time tracking with their distributors that most of the vendors get their supply from. I doubt that a single retailer would order 1960 drives, especially one that isn't as large as Amazon, Newegg or ZZF. It's still a nice resource to use. Hopefully after the 9th, the price and supply on these will start to stabilize.

I wouldnt say its that rare. I actually just called here and they told me on the phone that they had just ordered 2000 from Intel. Waiting for him to get back to me on when they expect that shipment to come in.

Edit: They expect their shipment on 9/9/09 which would be the same date expected as http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop...1300000U0123_BBC4878P.shtml&order_id=!ORDERID

Last edited:
I agree with PS3. Availability does not equal hot. There are already availability threads in the Storage forum.

Found this kind of interesting.. This website will actually tell you the amount of orders they have for each of their warehouses and when they expect to receive a shipment in said warehouse. Plus they arent price gouging so its kind of affirming if you pre-order from here. http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop...1300000U0123_BBC4878P.shtml&order_id=!ORDERID!

Just bit on this one. Heard of them before, their resellerratings is good, free shipping ($2 handling) and I don't pay tax:D

Stop shilling.

1250736377888.jpg

LOL.. Try going to that link now and it will tell you they no longer carry the item and that it is deactivated. I guess they no longer have enough to meet their current back orders?

shopblt is serious shit. too bad even they're overwhelmed this time

low yield intel? or just creating a frenzy?

So a pamplet and a holder to put it in a 3.25" or 5.25" bay is worth 20$?

Not unless you can get that adapter for under $10.

Oh, and it's a 3.5" desktop drive bay adapter to 2.5" SSD adapter bracket that comes with the retail copy.

Not unless you can get that adapter for under $10.

Oh, and it's a 3.5" desktop drive bay adapter to 2.5" SSD adapter bracket that comes with the retail copy.

Yea that. I just want the drive though. I actually already have an adapter that came with my Antec 1200.

Back