Intel X25-M 120GB SSD $164.99 after rebate

This has to be one of the best SSD deals I've seen for a well branded drive and the cheapest per gig I ever recall seeing an Intel.
Looks like you might get a free copy of Lost Planet 2 as well. That offer says it goes through 12/31.

I've waited long enough now that I'm just going to wait for the G3 sometime next year.

I'm going to get this but I am confused when this deal starts, ad says friday 12:01am but the counter for me shows saturday 12:01am?

I'm going to get this but I am confused when this deal starts, ad says friday 12:01am but the counter for me shows saturday 12:01am?

I think the counter is when the deals end. Its going to be up at 12:01 PST.

I hope I am able to score one. Just got a new laptop and want to put one of these in there.

I just couldn't resist any longer and went ahead and bought my first SSD. :)

I just couldn't resist any longer and went ahead and bought my first SSD. :)

I got one too haha. I have one in my desktop but I am excited to get an intel drive. Planning on putting it in my new laptop.

I got one too haha. I have one in my desktop but I am excited to get an intel drive. Planning on putting it in my new laptop.

Yeah, I pretty much decided awhile ago that intel would be my first SSD.

At this price I just couldn't pass it up.

I bought my 6th ssd, but really my 3rd, first was a kingston. Second a ocz vertex le which I sent back to newegg for being slower than my kingston, 3rd was a gskill 60gb, 4th was a replacement for the gskill that went kaput in a week, 5th was a replacement for the replacement of the gskill that went kaput 2 weeks later. And 6th is now the intel.

I'm surprised this deal hasn't sold out yet.

I've also been convincing myself "I don't need this...I don't need this...there is no benefit for me at this time...." So far, its been working, I've haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The next generation of SSD controllers are so close, but this is such a good deal for a high quality drive. Must resist...

I'm surprised this deal hasn't sold out yet.

I've also been convincing myself "I don't need this...I don't need this...there is no benefit for me at this time...." So far, its been working, I've haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Same

added to cart at sale price; in cart while i checked out with the deal was dead :(

Seeing the same thing here.

Of course, the price had to change exactly while I was in the middle of adding it to my cart and checking out. :)

Hold on! Amazon has the same deal which is great because they don't charge tax to my state. $199 - $35 AR + FS It also includes the copy of Lost Planet 2 found on the newegg deal.

Update: newegg corrected their price to match the old deal.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
it came back:D yay for first ssd. If the next gen drives are significantly faster; i'll just migrate this to my laptop and be happy both directions.

Hold on! Amazon has the same deal which is great because they don't charge tax to my state. $199 - $35 AR + FS It also includes the copy of Lost Planet 2 found on the newegg deal.

Update: newegg corrected their price to match the old deal.

Thank you! Newegg order cancelled, Amazon placed. Yay, no sales tax.

Thank you! Newegg order cancelled, Amazon placed. Yay, no sales tax.
I with you both and everyone else ordering from Amazon the best of luck with that.

I'd suggest you read the rebate closely and compare the postmark date and then look at Amazon's shipping time... ;)

Since I'm being a bit of prick I'll spell it out... The rebate has to be postmarked by 12/15/2010 and Amazon's estimated ship date is 1 to 3 weeks. Today is the 26th, so add 1-3 weeks + time in transit and you could likely have a problem since you obviously can't send in the rebate without the UPC of the drive you don't have yet. :eek:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, because you ordered it from Newegg who said it was in stock, not from Amazon who says it will ship in 1-3 weeks. :cool:

Yeah I guess I should have clarified that lol.

Even if it doesn't ship for a week this is not a bad deal.

Since I'm being a bit of prick I'll spell it out... The rebate has to be postmarked by 12/15/2010 and Amazon's estimated ship date is 1 to 3 weeks. Today is the 26th, so add 1-3 weeks + time in transit and you could likely have a problem since you obviously can't send in the rebate without the UPC of the drive you don't have yet.

So we've got 2.5wks to have it postmarked. IME Amazon's been pretty good about getting product out even if it says "1-3wks." I've got a prime account so I'm not too worried about transit time.

So we've got 2.5wks to have it postmarked. IME Amazon's been pretty good about getting product out even if it says "1-3wks." I've got a prime account so I'm not too worried about transit time.

I've had good experiences with Amazon as well. I had this come up on a purchase last year (received the item after the postmark date on the rebate) and they refunded me the $15 for the rebate amount.

Its really easy to cancel amazon orders before they ship too so if it does not ship in 2.5 weeks you can easily just cancel the order.

Even $199 is a decent deal though.

*sigh* been ordering too much crap from Amazon lately. Would love to order this from them as well but it said estimated delivery date Dec14-Dec28 which puts it in limbo for the rebate, and I'm not willing to risk that 1 day window I'd have. Would love to get from new egg, but the sales tax will add almost another $20 to the price (gotta love the California budget), so it becomes an ok deal at best now.

I feel that older drives will be coming down in price quite soon though, without the need for a black friday like sale too.

No it's not since faster 120GB drives have been under $200 in previous sales.

Haha, the sandforce drives? They are only faster in benchmarks real world difference is minimal, also I have had 2 sandforce drives die that were less than 3 weeks old. And a 3rd which was really slow, slower than my kingston value drive. I would pay extra for the intel drive, but with the mail in rebate it comes out cheaper than the sandforce drives were.

Wow I just watched the amazon price go from $199 to $229 right before my eyes... opened up the page and clicked refresh and the price changed.

Oh well, I hate rebates so I was kinda leaning towards the faster gskill anyway for $186...

Wow I just watched the amazon price go from $199 to $229 right before my eyes... opened up the page and clicked refresh and the price changed.

Oh well, I hate rebates so I was kinda leaning towards the faster gskill anyway for $186...

link please

Back