Intel will soon bake anti-malware defenses directly into its CPUs

erek

[H]F Junkie
Gonna be tough to bypass this. Right?

"Once CET-capable CPUs are available, the protection will work only when the processor is running an operating system with the necessary support. Windows 10 Version 2004 released last month provides that support. Intel still isn’t saying when Tiger Lake CPUs will be released. While the protection could give defenders an important new tool, Ionescu and fellow researcher Yarden Shafir have already devised bypasses for it. Expect them to end up in real-world attacks within the decade."

https://arstechnica.com/information...anti-malware-defenses-directly-into-its-cpus/

In other news, Intel to enter legal and business information industry, competing directly with companies like LexisNexis.

Intel will not be spinning off a new business unit to accomplish this. The Intel marketing team believes that the parent company name ***INTEL*** speaks for itself and will resonate well with government and corporate customers.

Say what you want about Intel, its nice to know you can always trust them to deliver a secure platform.

Does this assume malware doesn't ever change? How can you build in protection when there are so many variables. Is this how they plan to fight off all their security issues? Detect software trying to exploit it instead of fixing it? ;)

I wonder what the anti-malware flavor will be like? What temperature do you think they baked it and for how long? I'm guessing a low temperature long cook time to retain as much anti-malware juices as possible. Nobody likes dry anti-malware.

What are the benefits of baking it as opposed to grilling, searing or frying?

I hope we get answers to these BURNING questions soon!

Back