Intel updates for windows 10 that are for intel hardware. Yet I have latest chipset

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
I have just updated my system to the latest intel mei and chipset drivers. Yet windows update is showing me these 2 optional updates for my system. If I have the latest software for my motherboard from intel, should I install these from windows update? Wonder if these will impact performance.

capture.png

it might be the intel management engine stuff. all our dell's at work have them too. they are optional so ignore them.

I installed the latest MEI drivers from gigabytes page for my board. Not sure why those would show up. unless they are a later version that provides better performance.

I installed the latest MEI drivers from gigabytes page for my board. Not sure why those would show up. unless they are a later version that provides better performance.
then it might be the built in security crap, TPM or whatever. regardless, they are optional, so ignore them.

Those look like intel software like driver&assistant or maybe turbo boost, etc. as pendragon stated those are likely optional update.

I get that they are optional. But are those drivers better than installing the latest chipset and MEI drivers from my motherboards site? I mean they are showing up for a reason. Are they better performing drivers than what I have now? I'm just wondering should I install them.

I've been seeing those a lot lately, too. Sometimes twice a week. I think whatever drivers they have on their server = older than Intel's latest, so they keep popping up.

Back