Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor

HardOCP News

[H] News
All you Intel Core i5 - i7 processor owners out there will want to check out this Turbo Boost Technology Monitor gadget to us with the Windows 7 / Vista sidebar. The gadget weighs in at just over 18MB so grab it if you want it, tell us what you think.

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor is a Windows Sidebar gadget which provides simple display of increase in processor frequency when applications request and Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers more performance.

Turbo boost, like speed step does not mix well with serious OCing.

Turbo boost KITT ?

With flashy indicators , maybe they can make one where if you get boosted it show a lady(or man if your preferences go that way) naked when it doesnt she can be fully clothed. COOOOOOOOOL

vtecgraphrm1.gif

With a 1920x1080p WMV of Elephant's Dream, it steps my little i5 from 2.67 GHz up to 3.08 GHz. Thaz not so bad, free overclocking, kinda cool I guess.

What I find amusing is that Intel's app ony shows when the turbo boost is used to make your processor speed faster than stock.

It maintains that your speed is stock even when the actual speed may be less than stock due to the multiplier being lowered for power savings.

As an example, my processor reads 1203.7 MHz with a multiplier of 9.0x from CPU-Z while the Intel app reads 2.80 GHz.

I expected a little more than an image of the CPU and a bar graph for an 18mb download :(

CPU-Z does it better and more accurate :cool:

oh and <3 Turbo mode... saves me power and steps my game up on the fly :D

Well, quite pointless, and 20MB for that app? But I hope they make it somewhat more useful.

If they need 18MB to make that, I can just imagine what would happen if they released Larabee and it came with 800MB sized drivers.

Any other feedback guys? I have some connections and I would like to share this feedback directly with the team..

Agreed with above. Not very useful in the least. It's aimed at a non-existent audience: people who don't overclock wouldn't know what to do with it or what it means, whereas people who do OC can't use Turbo-Boost. People who know what it means and don't OC don't need this app because it's inaccurate and lacking quality information.

Back