Intel Tiger Lake Engineering Sample Reportedly Hits 4.0 GHz on All Cores

erek

[H]F Junkie
Going to need much more than that lol

Reactions: erek
like this
These are the low-power mobile chips (9W TDP). They have 15W Ice Lake chips that are hitting 4.9 GHz.

These are the low-power mobile chips (9W TDP). They have 15W Ice Lake chips that are hitting 4.9 GHz.

I've only seen 4.9 single core, if they had that all core with the IPC increase it would make headlines.
Their all core is waaaaaaaay lower than 14nm, and that 4.9 was with stars aligned, it's easy to go to game's nexus and the like and see how massively lower are the actual clocks of the current ice lake products instead of golden samples pushed hard.

I've only seen 4.9 single core, if they had that all core with the IPC increase it would make headlines.
Their all core is waaaaaaaay lower than 14nm, and that 4.9 was with stars aligned, it's easy to go to game's nexus and the like and see how massively lower are the actual clocks of the current ice lake products instead of golden samples pushed hard.
If it was fed more power it could probably go higher. But as mentioned elsewhere more tightly packed transistors can make heat management more difficult. The 9980HK (14nm Coffee Lake) hit 5.0 GHz single core and 4.2 GHz all core boost on 45W, and that was an octocore.

If it was fed more power it could probably go higher. But as mentioned elsewhere more tightly packed transistors can make heat management more difficult. The 9980HK (14nm Coffee Lake) hit 5.0 GHz single core and 4.2 GHz all core boost on 45W, and that was an octocore.

Please link me the 4.9 ice lake at 10w, the only rumors /reports I've seen were fed/pushed to hell, the standard is 3.9 GHz when not pushed beyond the actual wattage envelope by far.

Edit
Found 1 ice lake that turbos to 4.1 1c instead of 3.9, and not the 10w part. You are mixing speeds a lot I think VS power envelopes, 4.9 rumors I heard was Uber pushed/cooled.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14664/testing-intel-ice-lake-10nm

Here you can see the actual ice lake offerings by Intel.

Last edited:
Reactions: N4CR
like this
Back