Intel Threatens to Sue Qualcomm over Windows 10

I worked as the Sr. tech for one of the 1st Compaq resellers back in the early 80's, and was at the 1st Compaq hardware certification class they had here in Southern California (had to fly to Texas before that). Even had a Compaq portable 286. Got it for half price through a special Compaq purchasing program, but it still cost me over $3000 :eek:
I spent so much time configuring and working on the early IBM & Compaq PC's, I'm literally a walking encyclopedia on them. Anyone need to know the switch settings for the number of floppies, a CGA card or 640KB of ram on the old PC's ?

I still use an IBM keyboard on my main system, but it's the slightly newer PS2 model, with the function keys across the top
It has a manufacturing date of 1995 on the bottom which makes it 22 years old. Still looks/works great. Every few years I pull off all the key caps and clean them, makes it look like new again.:D

I had one of those mechanical PS/2 keyboards, threw it out along with the whole PC....Devastated now...

I still use an IBM keyboard on my main system, but it's the slightly newer PS2 model, with the function keys across the top
It has a manufacturing date of 1995 on the bottom which makes it 22 years old. Still looks/works great. Every few years I pull off all the key caps and clean them, makes it look like new again.:D

I'm still using a 1991 Philips mechanical keyboard both at home and at work (I think they were actually built by NMB). They still have a 5-pin AT interface on them, connected to an AT to PS/2 adapter, connected to a IoGear GUC10KM PS/2 to USB adapter.
Both work perfectly and my main one at home has been in HEAVY use since I got it in 1992 with a Philips 286 desktop.

I also have two more brand new ones still in-box, never opened, out in my garage that I purchased off Ebay some years back.

Back