Intel Stock is Up 4.5% After Beating Market Estimates

Sports analogies don't mean much since that's dependent on the quality of the team, not consumer marketshare. In other words, a sports team doesn't have to convince their fans they're the best, they just have to be the best. Consumer products don't always work that way.

As for them coming back, they're certainly in a better position to do that than they have in the past decade or so, but let's not forget Athlon. It was a faster architecture that left Intel flat-fooded for multiple generations. But, because Intel worked out deals with big vendors, engaged in predatory business practices and broke many laws globally, they came out on top and AMD didn't gain any marketshare, despite having the better product. My guess is Intel can't pull the same tricks again, but anything can happen.

That is correct, Intel insured AMD lost multi billions in revenue and Intels practices still continue today. Though they face federal investigations in the US, Europe and Asia. like rich people they can pay their way out of Court, but only for so long.

Sports analogies don't mean much since that's dependent on the quality of the team, not consumer marketshare. In other words, a sports team doesn't have to convince their fans they're the best, they just have to be the best. Consumer products don't always work that way.

As for them coming back, they're certainly in a better position to do that than they have in the past decade or so, but let's not forget Athlon. It was a faster architecture that left Intel flat-fooded for multiple generations. But, because Intel worked out deals with big vendors, engaged in predatory business practices and broke many laws globally, they came out on top and AMD didn't gain any marketshare, despite having the better product. My guess is Intel can't pull the same tricks again, but anything can happen.

AMD is definitely in a better position today to be able to take over Intel in the consumer space, but their position in the enterprise space is still not there. They're lagging a little bit behind in features, but they are cheaper.

Only time will tell if AMD can capitalize on the current situation. I don't see Intel pulling any crazy tricks, simply cause I feel they really don't need to. They are pretty entrenched and Ryzen or EPCY hasn't changed much.

I went to Dell.com (vendor lock-in) yesterday looking for EPYC and TR based systems for future purchases at work. The only thing I found was a a crazy looking Alienware system that was way out of my budget.

Speaking of stock prices, didn't intels ceo sell a bunch of stocks? Shouldn't he be kicking himself right now?

I went to Dell.com (vendor lock-in) yesterday looking for EPYC and TR based systems for future purchases at work. The only thing I found was a a crazy looking Alienware system that was way out of my budget.
They have epic servers (rackmount). looks like you'll have to wait for workstations or switch vendors.

Back