intel stock fan noise?

klatox

Weaksauce
I recently put together a machine and I'm using the Intel stock hsf, however, it is making this ridiculous harmonic/whining noise. If there is any amount of activity on the machine, it sounds like a miniature airplane, pulsing and whirring as it flies through the heavens.
This is exactly what it sounds like: here

There aren't any cables or anything touching the blades. Any ideas what could be wrong, or do I just have a bum fan?

Last edited:
I recently put together a machine and I'm using the Intel stock hsf, however, it is making this ridiculous harmonic/whining noise. If there is any amount of activity on the machine, it sounds like a miniature airplane, pulsing and whirring as it flies through the heavens.
This is exactly what it sounds like: here

There aren't any cables or anything touching the blades. Any ideas what could be wrong, or do I just have a bum fan?

Sounds like the fan has a bad bearing/sleeve or is off center. Doesn't take much during the manufacturing process to case a fan to be off center.

I've decided to buy a noctua nh-l9i as I want things to be as quiet as possible anyway :D

Back