Intel Starts The Countdown To Haswell

Maybe now I might have something worth upgrading too in a little over a month. :D

So I guess I need to upgrade my AMD Sempron 3100+?

Being poor sucks. :) living vicariously through everyone else's systems!

So I guess I need to upgrade my AMD Sempron 3100+?

Being poor sucks. :) living vicariously through everyone else's systems!

Sempron, damn I feel sorry for you.

Work place just upgraded not to long ago to a 2.8 Pentium D from a 400ish P3.

I've got a Sandy Bridge 2600K. Wouldn't mind a decent upgrade in a few months. It's been a couple years, I think. Of course, I'll need a new motherboard. Probably some new memory to really get the best performance. Don't want to be bottlenecked by the video card, so might update that. SSD is getting a little small these days....

See? That's why it's hard to upgrade! :D

Sempron, damn I feel sorry for you.

Work place just upgraded not to long ago to a 2.8 Pentium D from a 400ish P3.

Meh I'm getting used to it. Been on a vicious forced downgrade cycle for a bit now. I'm just glad I kept all the old stuff from past upgrades when times were much better. So when it breaks or dies. I've had to make do with what I had lying around. Hopefully times will change and I'll be able to do a new build project. Till then its older games and lower res video.:D

I can't find anything that needs more CPU in my system?

Since everyone designs games for consoles first anymore. A good GFX card does the trick.

Maybe after the new consoles get out, some more PC eye candy will come down the way that an upgraded GPU won't fix.

I hope mc has some good deals. I could use a new mb/CPU. Not really, but I want one.

I don't think my cpu ever goes over 40% usage, thats w/o OC. I don't think ill upgrade for a while.

Did you figure that it was 38 days in your head? If you used paper, might as well use a calc to save paper.

Oh... was gonna say... I might wait for Skywell.My i7 is still kicking quite a bit of ass.

Not trying to sidetrack (but I just can't help myself) I'm looking forward to the next gen atoms. I only wish a reputable ODM other than Supermicro would start manufacturing these - it's no wonder why atoms never take off... the price point is shit

No edit button... I badly want to build a rock solid wireless router on a low powered atom system with an Intel centrino ultimate-N mini-PCI-E adapter, running FreeBSD. Consumer wireless routers are absolute crap and I will not spend another dime on one.

I don't think my cpu ever goes over 40% usage, thats w/o OC. I don't think ill upgrade for a while.
I'm on a i7 860 and I still don't feel the need to upgrade. Software is really lagging these days.

Building one last gaming computer before I got back for my masters in the coming fall. Going to go all out on this one.

I'm on a i7 860 and I still don't feel the need to upgrade. Software is really lagging these days.

yeah i reckon we can blame social media for that. Oh lets make myfacespace-crap instead of making software make use of my 64 core processor! yay BS!

I'm on an i7-950 so i may grab a new system as this one was only a cheap "upgrade" while i was waiting on Haswell and it made a no show a while ago. Or something like that. Depends on the TDP Vs Performance compated to i7-3x's though.. i guess. *shrugs*

No edit button... I badly want to build a rock solid wireless router on a low powered atom system with an Intel centrino ultimate-N mini-PCI-E adapter, running FreeBSD. Consumer wireless routers are absolute crap and I will not spend another dime on one.

I did exactly that, but be ready for a lot of work and debugging. Especially if you, like me, will try to build a HTPC with XBMC/File/torrent/router/switch all in one solution.

Just release the darn thing!

They have to get the supply chain completely full. Intel goes for extremely hard releases, meaning that all the OEMs, ODM, VARs and so on have the chips, have them tested, and can start selling systems with them and all the retailers have the chips in stock. Further, the pipe behind that is full so as they sell, replacements are available. Basically when they launch, they want people to be able to buy the chip from any vendor they want and not have any trouble getting it.

They don't tend to do the "release ASAP but you can only find a few of them in a few places" thing.

However, that takes longer.

Think MicroCenter will discount Ivy any more than they already are?

I have my doubts, considering the current i5 3570K is only temporarily reduced to $169 this weekend (from the normal $189). I'm just hoping it isn't MORE than what Ivy's are right now.

I've got a Sandy Bridge 2600K. Wouldn't mind a decent upgrade in a few months. It's been a couple years, I think. Of course, I'll need a new motherboard. Probably some new memory to really get the best performance. Don't want to be bottlenecked by the video card, so might update that. SSD is getting a little small these days....

See? That's why it's hard to upgrade! :D

Same reason here. I'll probably run my system for another 2 years before I upgrade....

Similarly, I don't feel the need to upgrade from a 4Ghz i7-970. Maybe only when decoding/ripping a blu-ray.

I'm thinking about getting a IB-E 6 core, I wonder how close to 600 bucks it will be..

Back