Intel Skull Canyon NUC @ Frys -Available for In-Store Pickup Only

i7 with Iris Pro (confirmed 4K @ 60 Hz), dual M.2 NVMe Gen3 x4, Dual Band 8260 2x2 AC+BT4.2, TB3...that's a pretty damn good deal for an ultra-compact powerhouse.

Just add RAM, SSD(s), and OS - good to go!

Not to ask a silly question but does this have options for OCing the CPU? Nothing crazy but upping the CPU speed some without increasing the voltage would be nice. Also what would be the largest (in storage capacity) and fastest SSD that can fit inside it?

Not to ask a silly question but does this have options for OCing the CPU? Nothing crazy but upping the CPU speed some without increasing the voltage would be nice. Also what would be the largest (in storage capacity) and fastest SSD that can fit inside it?

Yes, you can overclock it. I imagine right now, 2TB of m.2 storage would be your limit. The fastest right now, of course, being the 950 pro from Samsung.

Nuts in store only. Good deal though!

Crud, updated the thread title to confirm. Tempted to get more of these little beasts. Seriously... As long as you don't give a rats ass about the latest AAA title, it'll do you just fine in gaming.

Crud, updated the thread title to confirm. Tempted to get more of these little beasts. Seriously... As long as you don't give a rats ass about the latest AAA title, it'll do you just fine in gaming.
For gaming, I like the sales on those Alienware Alphas. They are pretty damn small and silent too.

Yes, you can overclock it. I imagine right now, 2TB of m.2 storage would be your limit. The fastest right now, of course, being the 950 pro from Samsung.

The cooling fan is outrageously annoying when the proc is under heavy load. I'm not sure anyone would want to make that situation worse.

Just incase you weren't aware, you can connect a Razer Core to these if you want to use a desktop class GPU.

Why not just get a MATX case then? Seems kinda ridiculous a Razer Core for like $500 + $XXX for a video card............ You could built a cheap gaming rig with a decent GPU for that.

If onboard graphics were further ahead I would buy one of these NUCs, definitely.

It's on the level of an old GTX 660 which is not too bad. Only four years ago you needed a 150W GPU to reach this level now you can get a 45W CPU+GPU to do the same. That's some serious progress.

Back