Intel rumored to announce Arc A750, A380 desktop cards in late May/early June for 350/150 USD respectively

kac77

2[H]4U
Intel rumored to announce Arc A750, A380 desktop cards in late May/early June for 350/150 USD respectively

--VIDEOCARDZ.COM

Intel reportedly did not confirm the exact release date to its partners yet, but new cards are to be expected between late May and early June. This is when two cards are to be announced: the Arc A780 and Arc A380. Furthermore, it is said that A580, which is the mid-range GPU, would follow weeks later, most likely in July.

It should be noted that this is not the release date, but the time when the cards are to be announced. The sales embargo is mentioned within May 15th to June 30th range. Companies usually announce their products around two weeks prior to making them available in stores.

But can miners use them?

With the cheap price maybe miners will go for these vs the more powerful gaming cards.

But can miners use them?

With the cheap price maybe miners will go for these vs the more powerful gaming cards.
The big mining firms are more or less set for now, there’s not going to be any rushes on these for a while. Also given that most of the supply is slated for OEM’s it’s not going to really be a problem.

But their server class cards are a miners wet dream, so depending on how close the two are they could mine very well.

1cf7300401a0d6a0d837bd0b3137fe3c--bad-puns-cartoon.jpg

--VIDEOCARDZ.COM

Intel reportedly did not confirm the exact release date to its partners yet, but new cards are to be expected between late May and early June. This is when two cards are to be announced: the Arc A780 and Arc A380. Furthermore, it is said that A580, which is the mid-range GPU, would follow weeks later, most likely in July.

It should be noted that this is not the release date, but the time when the cards are to be announced. The sales embargo is mentioned within May 15th to June 30th range. Companies usually announce their products around two weeks prior to making them available in stores.
Intel admits Arc GPUs are delayed and encountered software problems
https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-confirms-desktop-arc-will-be-china-exclusive-at-launch

Intel direct link
https://community.intel.com/t5/Blog.../Gaming/Engineering-Arc-5-9-2022/post/1383055

Question #1: Can you update us on the status of your Intel® Arc™ graphics mobile products?

We have been working closely with OEM partners to get Intel Arc graphics mobile designs fully launched. First was Samsung who started with availability in Korea and is expanding globally. We planned to have broader OEM availability at this point; however, we have had some software readiness delays and, together with COVID lock downs impacting global supply chains, OEM designs are only this month becoming more widely available.

Despite the constraints, our OEM partners have announced laptops with Intel Arc 3 graphics – including Samsung, Lenovo, Acer, HP, and Asus – and we are working with our partners to help them get these products into market ASAP. Laptops with Intel Arc 5 and Arc 7 graphics will start becoming available in early summer.

Question #2: When are the desktop cards with Intel Arc graphics coming?

Unlike notebook designs, desktop systems have a vast set of combinations, including memory, motherboards, and CPUs. To initially limit some of this variation, we will launch working with system builders and OEMs with specific configurations.

We will release our entry-level Intel Arc A-series products for desktops (A3) first in China through system builders and OEMs in Q2. Etail and retail component sales will follow shortly in China as well. Proximity to board components and strong demand for entry-level discrete products makes this a natural place to start. Our next step will be to scale these products globally.

Roll-out of Intel Arc A5 and A7 desktop cards will start worldwide with OEMs and system integrators later this summer, followed by component sales in worldwide channels.

This staggered approach gives us confidence at each step that we can effectively serve our customer base.

Intel admits Arc GPUs are delayed and encountered software problems
https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-confirms-desktop-arc-will-be-china-exclusive-at-launch

Intel direct link
https://community.intel.com/t5/Blog.../Gaming/Engineering-Arc-5-9-2022/post/1383055

Question #1: Can you update us on the status of your Intel® Arc™ graphics mobile products?

We have been working closely with OEM partners to get Intel Arc graphics mobile designs fully launched. First was Samsung who started with availability in Korea and is expanding globally. We planned to have broader OEM availability at this point; however, we have had some software readiness delays and, together with COVID lock downs impacting global supply chains, OEM designs are only this month becoming more widely available.

Despite the constraints, our OEM partners have announced laptops with Intel Arc 3 graphics – including Samsung, Lenovo, Acer, HP, and Asus – and we are working with our partners to help them get these products into market ASAP. Laptops with Intel Arc 5 and Arc 7 graphics will start becoming available in early summer.

Question #2: When are the desktop cards with Intel Arc graphics coming?

Unlike notebook designs, desktop systems have a vast set of combinations, including memory, motherboards, and CPUs. To initially limit some of this variation, we will launch working with system builders and OEMs with specific configurations.

We will release our entry-level Intel Arc A-series products for desktops (A3) first in China through system builders and OEMs in Q2. Etail and retail component sales will follow shortly in China as well. Proximity to board components and strong demand for entry-level discrete products makes this a natural place to start. Our next step will be to scale these products globally.

Roll-out of Intel Arc A5 and A7 desktop cards will start worldwide with OEMs and system integrators later this summer, followed by component sales in worldwide channels.

This staggered approach gives us confidence at each step that we can effectively serve our customer base.
I sort of get the exclusivity thing with the hardware, it probably means that their AIB facilities in Mexico and the US are behind on production, so their Asian ones are on or ahead of schedule so they can ship there and they are waiting for their non-Chinese AIB's to be caught up so they don't have to pay the tariffs.

At this point I'm not sure cards will hit retail this year.

Intel Arc A380 has driver issues. Major issues without reBar enabled

https://www-computerbase-de.transla..._sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Gaming with Intel's Arc A380 is like living in the middle of a minefield — mind you playing when drunk

View attachment 493452

Yikes! As much as we need a third player in this market, and I really want Intel to knock it out of the park, this is....wow!

This is their first go since Larabee, so I'm willing to cut them some degree of slack in terms of getting a product out the door that works well for the mass market. That said, this looks a lot like Intel over the past several years. Announce a product, keep pushing back the launch date as constant problems prevent them from doing so. Their competitors blow past them in the meantime. It's amazing how far they fell due to complacency from a few years of no competition and terrible management.

Driver issues are expected, but they need to get the software/driver side cleaned up quickly. Though Ryzen didn't exactly have a smooth launch, so Intel can probably turn this around.

As for performance it is a bit worse than I expected. But if they can get stable low end GPUs that would certainly be great. I expect climbing up to the mid range to high end will be something that takes a few years in a best case scenario.

I expect climbing up to the mid range to high end will be something that takes a few years in a best case scenario.
I might've expected the worlds largest GPU manufacturer by volume to have already had a jump start on the bottom end. On the other hand, nVidia has been placing landmines in many popular titles for a long time, according to many posts I've read.

I might've expected the worlds largest GPU manufacturer by volume to have already had a jump start on the bottom end. On the other hand, nVidia has been placing landmines in many popular titles for a long time, according to many posts I've read.

Its not like their iGPUs were that impressive though. I'm assuming move up to a discreet GPU with much higher performance is going to be difficult.

But still, I was expecting a bit better in terms of performance.

I wasn't expecting much after all the delays. Apparently hardware has been done for a while and waiting. I have hope in the long run though as three solid GPU makers will be good for the consumer one would think.

Apparently LTT made mention of them basing their MSRP on Tier 2 titles general performance (or maybe tier 3 I don’t remember) meaning the cost to performance could be amazing in a few titles and about average in others.

Moving forward they should be decent performers all things considered since their DX12 and Vulcan performance is generally serviceable.

Intel admits tuning DX11 support is going to be a 'labor of love for like forever'​

If you've got your heart set on playing older games then Intel's new GPUs may not be the perfect option.

The latest video for Intel's Arc graphics cards has just dropped and In it, Intel's Ryan Shrout and Tom Peterson tackle one of the biggest talking points about Intel's new GPUs: DX11 and DX9 support.

older APIs, the likes of DX11 and DX9, expect the graphics card drivers to do much of the heavy lifting to optimize the code paths to get the most out of the underlying silicon. The problem for Intel is that its GPUs are built in a different way to AMD and Nvidia, so there's a lot of optimization needed to get those games up to the same level.

If your game of choice has a DX12 version, and plenty of more recent games do, then you should be looking at reasonable frame rates. If you want to run something that is built around DX11, or heaven forbid DX9, then you're going to be beholden to Intel optimizing that title, and unfortunately for you and Intel, there are a lot of legacy titles out there to work through.

Intel admits tuning DX11 support is going to be a 'labor of love for like forever'​

If you've got your heart set on playing older games then Intel's new GPUs may not be the perfect option.

The latest video for Intel's Arc graphics cards has just dropped and In it, Intel's Ryan Shrout and Tom Peterson tackle one of the biggest talking points about Intel's new GPUs: DX11 and DX9 support.
I’m not terribly surprised. Even Microsoft has DX11 on life support. There’s a handful of popular titles on it that they can cherry-pick but sucks for legacy gamers.

I wasn't expecting much after all the delays. Apparently hardware has been done for a while and waiting. I have hope in the long run though as three solid GPU makers will be good for the consumer one would think.
We had four once. Sadly number 3 and number 4 get effectively shunned and with no ROI on the design investment they fold up. Gamers are demanding and unforgiving.

We had four once. Sadly number 3 and number 4 get effectively shunned and with no ROI on the design investment they fold up. Gamers are demanding and unforgiving.
Ya was myself a huge Matrox fan back in the day. They always innovated IMO and made quality gear. They didn't have deep pocket to play the game when GPU's went big.

Ya was myself a huge Matrox fan back in the day. They always innovated IMO and made quality gear. They didn't have deep pocket to play the game when GPU's went big.
Yeah, parhelia was a really sweet card, but NV and ATi just made a faster product. Thus very few people bought it. SiS Xabres were in the same boat, although not quite the same level of quality product as a Matrox card.

I guess two is the magic number, always have the performance king, and the budget king. No room for queens (or jacks)

Last edited:
I guess two is the magic number, always have the performance king, and the budget king. No room for queens (or jacks)
Seems to be the norm of modern capitalism. Companies buy each other out until there is two power houses and they share they willingly share the pie. It gets a little more muddled now as we don't even know the echelon companies that own so much in their stack. I mean does it really matter all the "choice" we have when they are all owned by a few mega corps?
I work in the liquor industry and talked to a Bud rep. Now we all know Bud is owned by a bigger co. but to my point he said, " We just bought out 1/3 of all the top "craft" breweries and told them to continue as they always have, and Bud was loosing market share but he said we own all the hops and malt. We already bought all that, so we win no matter what."

Intel® Arc™ Pro A-Series Graphics
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...e-graphics/a-series/workstation/overview.html

Professional cards incoming also.

Intel Arc Pro A40 GPU
Intel Arc Pro A50 GPU
Intel Arc Pro Graphics for Laptops

Introducing the professional range of GPUs from Intel®: the Intel® Arc™ Pro A-Series series graphics. With built-in ray tracing hardware, graphics acceleration, and machine learning capabilities, Intel Arc graphics unites fluid viewports, the latest in visual technologies, and rich content creation across mobile and desktop form factors.

Software Certifications
Intel has worked hand-in-hand with hundreds of software companies over the years, and this unmatched experience goes into our Intel Arc Pro A-series graphics cards. Certifications are as important to us as they are to you.

Seems to be the norm of modern capitalism. Companies buy each other out until there is two power houses and they share they willingly share the pie. It gets a little more muddled now as we don't even know the echelon companies that own so much in their stack. I mean does it really matter all the "choice" we have when they are all owned by a few mega corps?
I work in the liquor industry and talked to a Bud rep. Now we all know Bud is owned by a bigger co. but to my point he said, " We just bought out 1/3 of all the top "craft" breweries and told them to continue as they always have, and Bud was loosing market share but he said we own all the hops and malt. We already bought all that, so we win no matter what."

That's the historical norm of corporatism. There is a difference.
nVidia had the ever-deepening pockets along the way to start buying up various IP and eventually entire companies...not one peep from the taxpayer funded government administrations that are supposed to be watchdogging and regulating the "free" market so that monopolies or oligopolies are prevented from forming. Well, here we are: 20 years later and the GPU market is essentially down to nVidia, AMD/ATI, and now a 3rd "newcomer" Intel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_graphics_chips_and_card_companies

Same thing happened with the HDD market.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_hard_disk_manufacturers

Software Certifications
Intel has worked hand-in-hand with hundreds of software companies over the years, and this unmatched experience goes into our Intel Arc Pro A-series graphics cards. Certifications are as important to us as they are to you.

What a joke. Intel has clearly worked hard with 3DMark to make their GPUs benchmark well. Look at the new Arc A350M, nice 3DMark results and terrible gaming performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Battl...ce-MX550-Intel-Arc-A350M-Review.635422.0.html

I purposely didn't watch the tech jesus video on ARC driver issues to see what I get without any bias. I had the same jankiness with trying to install ARC control. (found a blurb in the release notes that says install failure is normal, lmao) Latest drivers did install and I didn't have any graphical glitchiness outside of the bios bootup screen. I kicked off a few forced transcodes in Plex without issue and it seemed snappier moving around the transport controls. This by itself made it worth moving over. (I didn't have a quicksync PC prior) I plan on still going 12th gen and taking advantage of Deep Link. My plex server is still on a 4790K and was using NVENC w/ a 1080 in an nCase so heat was an issue I was also trying to alleviate.

Didn't game on it... yet. not sure why you'd get one for gaming with the video card market about to blow up or maybe you like torturing yourself.

Last edited:
I’m not terribly surprised. Even Microsoft has DX11 on life support. There’s a handful of popular titles on it that they can cherry-pick but sucks for legacy gamers.
I think it'll be just like anything else, one day we will just emulate it or something along those lines. There's been programs to emulate 3dfx glide for years now, I'm sure it'll be no different.

Hopefully they will stretch DX11 out far enough that by the time we need to emulate it we won't notice any performance hit.

I think it'll be just like anything else, one day we will just emulate it or something along those lines. There's been programs to emulate 3dfx glide for years now, I'm sure it'll be no different.

Hopefully they will stretch DX11 out far enough that by the time we need to emulate it we won't notice any performance hit.
I'd be interested to see some dxvk benches on the a380 (the translation layer valve has been using to get directx games running in linux). Not holding my breath on whether they'll be any good, but interested nonetheless. Even if performance is as shit as native, it still might save intel's older-gen-directx bacon after some development, since intel's drivers team is not involved ^_^

Last edited:
I read Intel has officially given up on DX9/10 and doing it all via emulation in DX12.

From the standpoint of a "what can a $150 card do" curiosity, I doubt I would ever touch one.

I purposely didn't watch the tech jesus video on ARC driver issues to see what I get without any bias. I had the same jankiness with trying to install ARC control. (found a blurb in the release notes that says install failure is normal, lmao) Latest drivers did install and I didn't have any graphical glitchiness outside of the bios bootup screen. I kicked off a few forced transcodes in Plex without issue and it seemed snappier moving around the transport controls. This by itself made it worth moving over. (I didn't have a quicksync PC prior) I plan on still going 12th gen and taking advantage of Deep Link. My plex server is still on a 4790K and was using NVENC w/ a 1080 in an nCase so heat was an issue I was also trying to alleviate.

Didn't game on it... yet. not sure why you'd get one for gaming with the video card market about to blow up or maybe you like torturing yourself.
Would love to hear more about the transcoding capabilities. sounds awesome!

Back