Intel RS2WC040 in Gaming Desktop

HalfJawElite

Weaksauce
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get any ideas on having the Intel RS2WC040 RAID in my gaming rig. I recently maxed out the SATA3 ports on my ASUS Crosshair V Formula board with 6 Corsair Force GT's, and wanted to get any suggestions on using this card in my rig for a pair of 1TB RAID 1's. I have this card already from an intended previous build and will be using it in my rig. Anyone ever used this card or have experience with its performance?

It's a great card. Overkill but since you have it already........... Will add couple of seconds to your boot time.

Yeah I tried the card in my Server 2012 system and at boot it added almost a minute to boot when loading the firmware. Not sure what I should set the card to to get it to boot faster but it sure beats software RAID 1.

The other question I have is am I missing out on something if my board does not support the SGPIO cable?

At the bottom of the page it says it applies to your card, also the cachecadeish feature include the fastpath which I hear helps ssd's on those cards a lot

At the bottom of the page it says it applies to your card, also the cachecadeish feature include the fastpath which I hear helps ssd's on those cards a lot

Yeah but I'm not using the card for my SSD's. I have a pair of 1 TB hard drives that I will be attaching to it in RAID 1. I'm just wondering what the performance might be without the SGPIO cable not connected to anything.

SGPIO has nothing to do with performance it's for stuff like flashing an enclosure light when a drive fails, it's an enclosure or backplane link.

Ok sweet! Can't wait to get the RAID up and running. I'll make a post later on in regards to performance. At least now I won't have to use the AMD software to synchronize the mirrors.

Back