Intel returns to Atom series - Tremont core announced

Atom are slower than ARM and ARM beat them at TDP but it seems there is no hope on the fast CPU market for Intel so Intel tries to brak into another market. Another failure !
Plus all the Atom series proved to have huge bugs, some of which will kill the system. Better to stay away from them.

Intel should just do an ARM team and a RISC V team.. it would be bewildering why they haven't (maybe they have?)
I understand AMD, and even they did an ARM cpu.. But AMD been strapped for cash forever... Not so Intel.

Wish someone would make an ARM mini itx board with dual gigabit (INTEL), and m.2 or msata slot, and at a reasonable price. Would make a nice pfsense setup.
In less than a decade I predict you’ll see this along with mainstream consumer OS support. Apple is already doing it come the next few years.

I bought a sff 9020 for pfsense, amazing value, if slightly bigger than you want. Used t620 plus?

Already using a 9020. Honestly its been best pfsense box i've had so far.

Celeron g1820te, 4GBs of RAM and a dual intel gigabit card.

I may pick up a cheap i3-4130t to either keep on the side or just throw in anyway for the AES support when 2.5 comes out. I really dont see me replacing that box anytime soon unless I go to a rack and a 1u setup... which I very much doubt.

Might not be reasonably priced, but it isn't a bad option:
http://macchiatobin.net/product/macchiatobin-double-shot/

Eh, I want a more "traditional" mini itx, couple USB ports and a VGA/HDMI output (even if its some low end dedicated chip like you often see on servers).

Back