Intel Retailedge 2008 (2 purchase programs this year?)

No need for chips. Just be up to date on "The Lab", and you will get availability dating based upon your status whether you are a Rockstar, Moviestar, etc...

how many chips do you need?
You need to be a producer, moviestar or rockstar to do the big deal. To be a producer you need 3,500 chips (possible to get in about an hour).

Now in past deals rockstars, and moviestars got preferential treatment with the deals being they could order them first. No info if this is going to apply to this big deal.

I am beyond excited for this big deal. It seemed like they listened to feedback, and are providing the bundle without a motherboard in case people would like to try their luck with something else that fits their situation better. The SO board is a solid board, but there may be other boards that people want instead. It's so good of them to do this, although there's no chance of using an i7 processor on anything but an Intel chipset, so they're going to get some of the money for the motherboard right now no matter what.

I'm very happy they offer both options, though. And I just bought a bunch of cool stuff from the store, including Tony Hawx and a Star Trek shirt. The new movie ROCKS!!! YAY! :D

[21CW]killerofall;1034090507 said:
920 or did you not read the info posted in this thread or on Intel Retailedge's site?

Ahem, Windows 7 I think he is talking about... Calm down...

that's what I'm wondering
can't decide if I should sell this 920 I've got now but haven't installed yet
is there a big difference in overclock potential?

Some are reporting better results. They take less voltage but tend to run hotter for some reason. Good chips, most of them. Some of the late C0's clock just about as well, but with higher voltage and oddly less heat ... it's weird.

Man, my i7 system is running great. Windows 7 is awesome. But my ipod touch won't sync with itunes! Windows 7 sees it as a camera. What the heck!

Alright, so we all know this is a good deal. A D0 would be freakin awesome. Who is jumping on this deal? And are you going to get the mobo combo just to say you got all that crap for under 3 bills? I am still on the fence because I don't NEED the stuff but come on! $289?!?!?

Alright, so we all know this is a good deal. A D0 would be freakin awesome. Who is jumping on this deal? And are you going to get the mobo combo just to say you got all that crap for under 3 bills? I am still on the fence because I don't NEED the stuff but come on! $289?!?!?

I'm just going to do the $129. I really just want the processor and the OS. I don't know anyone that would want me to build them a system as powerful as an i7 with the proc. I have now. Plus, if I fry the i7 I have, I'll have a spare! :p

I'm fresh off last years deal for the QX6850. My sig has the rest of the big dirty. What do you guys think is it worth upgrading, or should I skip and wait till next year?

With the deals that are going around, it almost makes sense to plan all future builds around this program. But it sometimes can be a crap shoot.

I'm fresh off last years deal for the QX6850. My sig has the rest of the big dirty. What do you guys think is it worth upgrading, or should I skip and wait till next year?

With the deals that are going around, it almost makes sense to plan all future builds around this program. But it sometimes can be a crap shoot.
you can use AnandTech's new CPU comparison tool to get an idea
here is a Q6600 (QX6850 is not an option) vs a 920
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/default.aspx?p=53&p2=47

They are announcing dates for your retailedge bundles now. Mine is june 17th when I can place my order.

Also if you have 65,000 chips you can get a sony bravia tv 40" 1080p tv. If you have the chips use them now for there is only 5 tvs avaliable.

They are announcing dates for your retailedge bundles now. Mine is june 17th when I can place my order.

Also if you have 65,000 chips you can get a sony bravia tv 40" 1080p tv. If you have the chips use them now for there is only 5 tvs avaliable.
June 17th for me too, guess that's the date for everyone?

Seems like it is the date for everyone then. Maybe if you have one of the two lower statuses, it's different?

Wow. That TV makes me wish I'd never spent any points. I'd have nearly enough for that thing .... meh.

so chips aren't needed to get the bundles now?
guess I should find something to buy with my 10,000

Damn, Shipping is free now?

I had to pay like $5-$10 back for the Q6600 deal. Still got a great deal on it tho so no complaints. :c)

Seems like it is the date for everyone then. Maybe if you have one of the two lower statuses, it's different?
Well I am a producer the lowest rank that can get the bundle. So it appears the 17th is the earliest anyone can get it.

do these deals sell out? or do they go for a few days.... i just started working at bestbuy and i still need to fax my stuff to them

do these deals sell out? or do they go for a few days.... i just started working at bestbuy and i still need to fax my stuff to them

Yes, they do sell out. But if you should be just fine if you get verified by end of the week.

Damn, Shipping is free now?

I had to pay like $5-$10 back for the Q6600 deal. Still got a great deal on it tho so no complaints. :c)

No no, I was talking about the store. As far as I know they still charge to ship the bundles. (don't really know why, other than just to help recoup some costs ...)

We were talking about the little stuff like the shirts and hats and watches and games, etc.

Yes, they do sell out. But if you should be just fine if you get verified by end of the week.

I hope so, some people are saying they get verified within hours and i haven't heard back yet since yesterday morning. Someone on there forums said to email scans of it so i just did that.

Wow they charged me about $45 for tax and shipping, oh well. Still a good deal.

Yeah, I bought the 129 deal and it was $23 tax and shipping. $15 to ship a CPU is ridiculous.

Back