Intel Retailedge 2008 (2 purchase programs this year?)

I continue to wish I could get in on these things...

Get a crappy retail job like the rest of us & stop wishing ;)

I just received my QX6850 this afternoon.

Going to wait to install it till i get a new PSU i'm also waiting on, & then the OCing party will begin.

Say hello to my little friend.

box.jpg

label.jpg

Yep, laptop was waiting for me when I got home after work. :) I like it! (Oh, and welcome the return of the IBM you-can-feel-the-keys-being-pressed keyboard! :D)

Man, that face recognition looks weird...

As a mod:
I don't have to remind you guys, anything purchased through this program is NOT to be resold for one year. This goes for the QX6700, QX6850, and the laptop. In fact, you should still have your G33/Q66/Q67 bundle from November. Anyone breaking this rule will get a minimum one point infraction, and habitual offenders will get vacations.

I still have my Q6700 running at 3.2GHz so I can't really justify getting a QX6850 as my video card (8800GTS 320 at 1920x1200) is my bottleneck (as well as my mobo only having PCI-E1) and I have no use for a laptop esp if I can't play games on it. My computer is portable anyway as I have carrying straps for both my desktop and 24" monitor, however I do actually need a power outlet if I want to use it for more than 10 minutes as my UPS is only 450W.:D

Yep, laptop was waiting for me when I got home after work. :) I like it! (Oh, and welcome the return of the IBM you-can-feel-the-keys-being-pressed keyboard! :D)

Man, that face recognition looks weird...

As a mod:
I don't have to remind you guys, anything purchased through this program is NOT to be resold for one year. This goes for the QX6700, QX6850, and the laptop. In fact, you should still have your G33/Q66/Q67 bundle from November. Anyone breaking this rule will get a minimum one point infraction, and habitual offenders will get vacations.

You betcha. My Core 2 Quad is still kicking strong, and the motherboard is working great in the computer I am typing on right now. (I used the motherboard to make a computer for my dad, but didn't sell it ... that's ok, right?? It's still in the family, and as I'm visiting my dad right now, I'm actually typing on it as we speak...)

Nice to see some of you getting your stuff in. Hopefully my processor is waiting for me when I get home.... :cool:

Very curious to see the end result of this computer. Now wondering if I should have gotten the laptop to just use around the house and also maybe for the parents. Ehhh

I just got my QX6850 installed, but have not gotten it to boot past 3.15 GHz :mad:

Oh well it's still an upgrade from the E6600 i had.

I just got my QX6850 installed, but have not gotten it to boot past 3.15 GHz :mad:

Oh well it's still an upgrade from the E6600 i had.

I have my Q6700 from last year at 4.0GHz right now, mostly Windows stable, with a TRUE on my new PQ5-Pro ... scary voltage (1.6+) but I'm dialing it down now to find my best 24/7 settings. Intel Retail Edge FTW!!!

What board are you using it on, and what cooling?

Got my laptop and processor! The laptop is pretty nice but I wish it was a little cheaper.

Yeah, we had a compaq at best buy with a 200gb hard drive, 3gb ram and a dual core turion for 450, but the lenovo is a much better notebook. They make quality stuff, and the 2.0GHz core 2 will obliterate the dual core turion in the cheapy compaq, even with 2gb instead of 3. But who on [H] doesn't know how to cheaply up it to 4gb anyways?

Nice, and on 1.4 volts! What were your temps at load?

We don't talk about that. :p

It's been insanely hot here lately, so it's running very warm.

This thing is running 10-15C hotter under load than the Q6700 @ the exact same voltages.

I also need to try reseating & maybe use AS5 this time.

I used ICD7 for my Q6700, which worked a little better than AS5, but either this chip is convex/concave, just runs hotter (most likely), or my application of ICD7 this time somehow was borked.

We don't talk about that. :p

It's been insanely hot here lately, so it's running very warm.

This thing is running 10-15C hotter under load than the Q6700 @ the exact same voltages.

I also need to try reseating & maybe use AS5 this time.

I used ICD7 for my Q6700, which worked a little better than AS5, but either this chip is convex/concave, just runs hotter (most likely), or my application of ICD7 this time somehow was borked.

Weird. I would expect it to run as hot, but not hotter. Maybe liquid cooling ... or lapping is in order? The TRUE with Noctua awesome fans... Have you got them push-pull?

I have my Q6700 from last year at 4.0GHz right now, mostly Windows stable, with a TRUE on my new PQ5-Pro ... scary voltage (1.6+) but I'm dialing it down now to find my best 24/7 settings. Intel Retail Edge FTW!!!

What board are you using it on, and what cooling?

Sig has system specs.

It was mainly an OS issue that has been resolved since then (upgraded to x64), but still cannot get a decent overclock out of it.

Although I got it to load windows at 3.85Ghz, it crashes after 10 mins or so.

My old E6600 was at 1600Mhz FSB with the Vcore around the 1.55v range but it was stable 3.6Ghz, now it gets weird after i go over the stock 1333FSB.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Are there people still waiting for their items to be shipped? I received the Laptop last week, but my CPU still hasn't shipped yet!!!!

Are there people still waiting for their items to be shipped? I received the Laptop last week, but my CPU still hasn't shipped yet!!!!
I never received a shipping notification. I got the processor this past Tuesday, my order number was in the low 200s.

Sig has system specs.

It was mainly an OS issue that has been resolved since then (upgraded to x64), but still cannot get a decent overclock out of it.

Although I got it to load windows at 3.85Ghz, it crashes after 10 mins or so.

My old E6600 was at 1600Mhz FSB with the Vcore around the 1.55v range but it was stable 3.6Ghz, now it gets weird after i go over the stock 1333FSB.

Any thoughts appreciated.

So when you go back to the E6600, it doesn't even run as well as it used to? I had the EVGA 680i before I "stepped up" to the 780i. The 680i was an overclocking monster. Both my first and second 780i boards were pansies for overclocking my quad core. I know that there are some substantial longevity problems with nVidia's chipsets running high overclocks on memory and processor for long periods of time, but normally dual cores were easier on the board than quad cores. 1600 should still be doable on the dual core with a little extra juice to the north bridge.

I will say that all four nVidia chipset boards I've owned have substantially worse vdroop than the much cheaper P45 board I have now. I only ever used quads on them, but now my 780i has graduated to my wife's office computer. What a shame for an "enthusiast" system to be demoted to office duty with a 3450 radeon so my wife can watch her hi def TV while she works.

I just want to clarify that I understand your situation correctly. Your E6600 now performs worse than it did before after overclocking the QX on it? What were the highest voltages you used to OC your extreme processor?

Geez, I hope mine ships sometime in the next 3 weeks.

Maybe its good for me to wait until it shows up at my door.

Order Number: 27XX

My new possibility whenever I get my Proc:

DFI LP Jr P45 T3RS DDR3 CrossFire Micro ATX Motherboard
http://www.motherboardpro.com/DFI-LP-Jr-P45-T3RS-DDR3-CrossFire-Micro-ATX-Motherboard-p-660.html

OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227293

You sure you have to have DDR3 and mATX? You open up a whole lot of cheaper good boards to the table if you can do a regular ATX board, and save a lot of money if you can do without the DDR3. I do a lot of video editing and I play RTS games that hog ram, so for me 8GB of DDR2 is more affordable and faster than 4GB of DDR3. But it depends on what you play. 8GB won't help most FPS games, and the DDR3 (ever so slightly) might boost them a tad.

As far as overclocks go, I always just use the best ratio to get the most out of my processor and ram. You can get some low latency DDR2 that'll hit 1200 really nice these days, without breaking the bank.

Here's a similar DDR2 motherboard to the one you picked, but a bit cheaper since it's ddr2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136055

I like that one too actually, I donno, I may keep my current G33 for the 6850 and move my q6700 over to the Intel motherboard.

What do you guys think of your laptops? I like Veriface, but it never scans me correctly in the morning- not sure if it's lighting or my half-sleeping mugshot. Also, the keyboard is weird; it has great feedback, but it skips every five or six keys when I start typing at my natural speed.

I'm half-tempted to reinstall the OS and ditch all the factory stuff, but the camera is just so tempting!

Anyone using the laptop with an external monitor? I've got mine hooked up to a 24", but it gets noise/static at just about any res. Trying to figure out if it's a problem with the laptop or weak internal graphics.

Also getting frequent IE crashes when opening more than three tabs. Still thinking about reinstalling, unless one of you says the monitor static isn't normal.

I knew they were reject/refurbed laptops. Never like Think Pads anyways

I've always liked Think Pads. I doubt they're reject laptops. If you're having problems contact Lenovo and see what they'll do for ye.

Anyone using the laptop with an external monitor? I've got mine hooked up to a 24", but it gets noise/static at just about any res. Trying to figure out if it's a problem with the laptop or weak internal graphics.

Also getting frequent IE crashes when opening more than three tabs. Still thinking about reinstalling, unless one of you says the monitor static isn't normal.

I've never had monitor static on any size monitor, no matter how big the screen size (up to 24") or how wimpy the internal graphics are. Static is usually do to weak connections or interference of some kind. There may be loose wires or pins somewhere. Does the same cable do it on other monitors? How about different monitors on computers other than your new Lenovo?

I've always liked Think Pads. I doubt they're reject laptops. If you're having problems contact Lenovo and see what they'll do for ye.

I've never had monitor static on any size monitor, no matter how big the screen size (up to 24") or how wimpy the internal graphics are. Static is usually do to weak connections or interference of some kind. There may be loose wires or pins somewhere. Does the same cable do it on other monitors? How about different monitors on computers other than your new Lenovo?
Same laptop causes static with a different cable, on a different monitor (Samsung 940MW, Gateway FPD2485W).

I've had static with all my recent IGP builds, which is the only reason I'm hesitating. My dad's workstation (GeForce 6100/6150) does it on his 19" widescreen. We're both running Vista, I've never had a chance to see if XP does the same. The Gateway is fine with an older desktop, albeit running XP.

Order 32XX, not a word from them yet. But they have charged me for the the processor. Thanks Intel!

*Edit

Nvm, got mine today when I got home from work. They didn't send me any shipping information. I ordered mine on August 15th.

How dumb is this. They send me email confirmation it has shipped the day after I've received it. SILLY INTEL.

As a mod:
Still issuing a lot of warnings, for some reason. Enough people have been warned, just going point/vacation-mode for future offenders.

Question

I signed up and I took a quiz, twice, and it did not give the 500 points it said it would give. I'm still at 450 pts. I tried waiting a day and it still doesn't give me the points for completing the quiz. Am I doing it wrong?

[21CW]killerofall;1033121871 said:
Has anyone heard if there will in fact be a Fall purchase program and if so what might be in it?

There will likely be a processor or proc/OS combo for Dec. Jan. ... likely. Don't know for sure yet, but sources are "hinting"

Back