Intel Retail Edge Winter Deal

Kenworth

2[H]4U
Here we are again. Does anyone have any guesses or wants for this year?

I would jump all over an Ivy Bridge-E proc if they made them as cheap as they did last time.

soooooon. I always buy the deal even though I don't even plan on using it half the time, always figure someone or other could put it to use.

soooooon. I always buy the deal even though I don't even plan on using it half the time, always figure someone or other could put it to use.

Good man. :D

I would be looking for a 4820k if they end up as part of this years deal.

I need to get a qualifying job :(

You actually don't even need to work in retail, as long as you're working for one of the companies listed and have a company email address. I've never worked retail in my life. :D

The Holiday Deal is on the Way!
Better make sure your employment verification is up to date, because the Holiday Deal is coming. Stay tuned to learn what amazing products we’ll offer this year!

The Holiday Deal is on the Way!
Better make sure your employment verification is up to date, because the Holiday Deal is coming. Stay tuned to learn what amazing products we’ll offer this year!

Are you from Intel?

a old worker of mine helped me with the summer sale, i hooked him up with a few bucks. i feel bad bothering him again. I may pass this time around

Love living in AZ.
I know quite a few people who still work at Intel and a few others at Insight.

If they pop up a 4930k, I will be happy ^_^. Drop in upgrade from my 3930k would be fantastic. Even if it's a 4770k though, definitely worth it for the price.

What was the deal for summer again. I think the most popular deal is alternated between summer and winter and LGA2011 and LGA1150 (or 1155 last year).

Waiting patiently... I may very well pick this one up, I've had a 2700k for two years now... Might be worth it.

Anyone who has access to this deal but isn't planning on using it, I would love to have a shot at it.

My wife's account and mine are now rockstar. Can't wait for the details of this year's deal...

:D:D

Sign me up if anyone doesnt use their accounts or feels charitable :)

Deal is up

I7 4770k with McAfee LiveSafe
Rock Legend: $79.00 USD
Rockstar: $99.00 USD
Producer: $114.00 USD

I7 4930k with McAfee LiveSafe
Rock Legend: $159.00 USD
Rockstar: $179.00 USD
Producer: $194.00 USD

Intel® Solid-State Drive
530 Series (180 GB)
$135.00 USD (Rockstars and Rock Legends only)

I envy all of you eligible for this promotion sooooo much every time lol :p

Wow CRAZY good deal on the processor. The combo things are ehh (Livesafe from McAfee)

Any details on the SSD? For that price, without any information about it, seems stellar at best. Normal deals on SSDs are much better, but again not 100% sure as I havent researched the item

Awesome prices once again!

Which one would be a better upgrade for a 2600K? Perhaps none of these? I like to upgrade every 3-4 years and the 4770K seems like the logical choice. The 4930K is a beast no doubt, but power consumption/heat is higher and the money spent on an X79 motherboard could be used toward a new GPU. Haswell is only 5-10% faster than Sandy Bridge so a 4770K is a slight upgrade.

Awesome prices once again!

Which one would be a better upgrade for a 2600K? Perhaps none of these? I like to upgrade every 3-4 years and the 4770K seems like the logical choice. The 4930K is a beast no doubt, but power consumption/heat is higher and the money spent on an X79 motherboard could be used toward a new GPU. Haswell is only 5-10% faster than Sandy Bridge so a 4770K is a slight upgrade.

I wouldn't upgrade...just replace the video card.

If your getting a 6 core CPU at 2/5 the cost of retail and require the additional cores for multi-threaded tasking, then this would be a must have upgrade from any sandybridge CPU. However if your not really maxing out the sandybridge, and have a decent overclock I would pass, and instead focus on any other bottlenecks in my system.

I figure I can sell my 2600K for around $200 which would allow me to upgrade to the 4770K for just $95. At that price it seems silly not to go for it but the thought of passing on a 4930K seems silly too. :rolleyes: Too many choices!

I figure I can sell my 2600K for around $200 which would allow me to upgrade to the 4770K for just $95. At that price it seems silly not to go for it but the thought of passing on a 4930K seems silly too.

Depends on whether nor not you're a strict budget and whether or not you can take full advantage of the X79 platform. Let's do some math:
The price difference between the 4770K and the 4930K is $80. $80 for an extra two cores? Not too bad at all. However, now we have to look at the other cost involved: The Motherboard. Assuming that you plan to overclock, you can get a solid overclock capable motherboard for the 4770K for $140 (the Asus Z87-A). For X79, the cheapest decent 8 DIMM (Why bother with a 4 DIMM X79?) ATX (Best combination of expansion slots and case compatibility) on Newegg is $225 shipped (The AsRock X79 Extreme6). Price difference between the AsRock and the Asus is $85. So the price difference between the Haswell LGA 1150 setup and the Ivy Bridge LGA 2011 setup is $165.

There's also the possibility that the X79 Extreme6 may not actually support the Ivy Bridge 4930K out of the box but after a BIOs update. Since the Z87 was released in conjunction with the Haswell CPUs, CPU support is definitely assured.

Back