Intel Retail Edge "The Summer Deal": i7 3770k starting $60+shipping, i7 3930k $150+sh

Just ordered the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 3930K Desktop Processor

$208 after tax and shipping - ETA 6 weeks

While I wait, time to look for another 2011 mobo :).

Just ordered the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 3930K Desktop Processor

$208 after tax and shipping - ETA 6 weeks

While I wait, time to look for another 2011 mobo :).

It never took 6 weeks to get my stuff...usually 2-3 weeks.

LOL, or you could work 5-10 hours and buy 2-3 processors :rolleyes:

Lol. Be real man. You make $600 to $1000 day. So each paycheck is $10k to you. So yearly you make around $140k a year. You gotta be a lawyer or docter, or some engineer. Im not saying you dont, but most of us dont have that kind of money.

Now, I can say 5-10hours a day. For 2 weeks will net you around 3 processors at pay day. Thats around 1k. With normal pay rates with normal people. 10 dollars an hour, times that by 10 hours. 100 bucks a day, times that by 2 weeks. 1k . Could be alittle more with overtime.

Its live.

Anybody know of a good 2011 board with IDE?

Sweet!

Ordered two 3770k's (Both the Wife and I work for someone on the list).

Now what to do with them, time to build a new server or two?

Last edited:
Lol. Be real man. You make $600 to $1000 day. So each paycheck is $10k to you. So yearly you make around $140k a year. You gotta be a lawyer or docter, or some engineer. Im not saying you dont, but most of us dont have that kind of money.

Now, I can say 5-10hours a day. For 2 weeks will net you around 3 processors at pay day. Thats around 1k. With normal pay rates with normal people. 10 dollars an hour, times that by 10 hours. 100 bucks a day, times that by 2 weeks. 1k . Could be alittle more with overtime.

Its live.

Anybody know of a good 2011 board with IDE?

I'm pretty sure you cannot purchase 3 processors after 10 hours of work only making $140k/yr. 3 processors after taxes is about $1000 retail. So that is $100/hr after taxes, which is about $135/hr before taxes. Which equates to about $270k/yr. Double that if you can do this in the 5 hours.. so you would be making between $270k-540k/yr. Making that much, you should realize you are in the top 2% of the nations average income... at least you should considering you just got a hefty tax hike compliments of Obama this year :)

Ugh.. I need to find someone that qualifies for this to hook me up.. lol. It's almost that time again to do the whole upgrade thing.

If anyone has a 3930k to sell please pm me I have a $300 dell gift card I will trade strait up for it.

I'm pretty sure you cannot purchase 3 processors after 10 hours of work only making $140k/yr. 3 processors after taxes is about $1000 retail. So that is $100/hr after taxes, which is about $135/hr before taxes. Which equates to about $270k/yr. Double that if you can do this in the 5 hours.. so you would be making between $270k-540k/yr. Making that much, you should realize you are in the top 2% of the nations average income... at least you should considering you just got a hefty tax hike compliments of Obama this year :)

Ugh.. I need to find someone that qualifies for this to hook me up.. lol. It's almost that time again to do the whole upgrade thing.

your math is off.

the 3770k with taxes is around 90 with tax and shipping. so if you're trying to buy 3 or 2
the 3930k was aound 195 with tax and shipping.

3770k:
3xCPUs - $270 / avg. work day [8 hours] = 33.75 an hour
2xCPUs - $180 / avg. work day [8 hours] = 22.50 an hour

33.75 x 40hours a week x 52 weeks a year = 70.2k salary
22.50 x 40 hours a week x 52 weeks a year = 46.8k salary

3930k:
3xCPUs - $585 / 8 = 73.13 an hour = ~152k Salary
2xCPUs - $390 / 8 = 48.75 an hour = ~101K Salary

i'm too lazy to see what the marginal is but i'm sure the ppl making under 70.2k will be under 25% tax and the two salaries @ 101k and 152k are gonna be around the 30~ marginal.

anywho - although this guy's bragging somewhat, especially if he can afford to buy 3x3930ks after taxes in 5 hours of work....buying 2x3770k's is probably in the range of most of the salary workers here on [h].

your math is off.

the 3770k with taxes is around 90 with tax and shipping. so if you're trying to buy 3 or 2
the 3930k was aound 195 with tax and shipping.

3770k:
3xCPUs - $270 / avg. work day [8 hours] = 33.75 an hour
2xCPUs - $180 / avg. work day [8 hours] = 22.50 an hour

33.75 x 40hours a week x 52 weeks a year = 70.2k salary
22.50 x 40 hours a week x 52 weeks a year = 46.8k salary

3930k:
3xCPUs - $585 / 8 = 73.13 an hour = ~152k Salary
2xCPUs - $390 / 8 = 48.75 an hour = ~101K Salary

i'm too lazy to see what the marginal is but i'm sure the ppl making under 70.2k will be under 25% tax and the two salaries @ 101k and 152k are gonna be around the 30~ marginal.

anywho - although this guy's bragging somewhat, especially if he can afford to buy 3x3930ks after taxes in 5 hours of work....buying 2x3770k's is probably in the range of most of the salary workers here on [h].

You can not buy a 3770k for $90. If you could, then people wouldn't care about this huge retail sale. :rolleyes:

A single 3770k is over $300.

i just got called for an interview at one of the retailers, hopefully i can get on this before the expiration date =)

I need a pay stub! I no longer know anyone who works at any of these places. Hell, I would even send some paypal for one or two.

You can not buy a 3770k for $90. If you could, then people wouldn't care about this huge retail sale. :rolleyes:

A single 3770k is over $300.

i misread his comment, i thought he mean buy 2 or 3 of these from the sale, not work 5 to 10 hours and buy them at retail.

my bad.

And, you only allowed to buy one. Well that was fun, had a good read. Wish I was rollin in cash, like the others, heck, Wish I could by a pair of titans, in 1 work day. That be boss.

i misread his comment, i thought he mean buy 2 or 3 of these from the sale, not work 5 to 10 hours and buy them at retail.

my bad.

Well like the person who just replied, you could only buy one in the retail deal anyway.

Anyone who isn't going to buy a processor willing to send me info so I can buy one with your discount?

I'm interested in buying the 3930k off of someone also for a decent price.

Anyone who isn't going to buy a processor willing to send me info so I can buy one with your discount?

This, or if someone willing to pick me up 3770k at decent price, drop me a PM it will be great help.

Hmm, dont need either. Just going to have spare parts laying around. I was thinking of a 4770k, and a gtx 780 build. That be epic, for htpc/emulation setup. But I can get around fine and dandy with a 3770k, and gtx 680. I was going to get a 3930k, but couldnt find a good mobo with ide. Ill be sitting on 2 3770k's, but 1 will definently be in main pc soon

Got my order in today for 3930k, good upgrade for my twitchtv streaming setup. Now to find a good motherboard to pair it with.

Gotta be kidding me, a 3930k for $195???? I might have to take a trip to walmart this weekend and see if one of those kids working wanna make $50 bux......

try to look for one that appears retarded

because that is what you will need for them to sell it to you at a $50 profit

I work for Apple Corporate (not in the store) and was able to use my apple email to get verified. This is a sweet deal!

Thank you OP!

Suck, i have a WMT email, and badge... But the site wants both to apply. Seems a bit to risky for me, it's not worth getting in trouble over a few hundie.

try to look for one that appears retarded

because that is what you will need for them to sell it to you at a $50 profit

am actually trying to find a friend who use to work at sam's club, hopefully i will find him soon if not hope someone comes through for me with good deal.

Go to best buy. Make nice nice to sales person. If shes a girl, take her out to coffee. If she's not so pretty, make some chitty chitty bang bang. After pop the question. Huh, babe, can you buy this for me.

All you gotta do, is register at this site. Send in employment verification. Do a couple of classes to get up to producer, and heres 200 bucks. Make sure she doesnt know the value of processor is 500 bucks.

Get you schlong wet, and cpu. Life is great!

Thats what I did. :p

Damn, all the cell phone companies but not verizon? anyone know if there's a loophole?

holy hell..... I'd almost go get a job at one of these places for about a month just to get one of those 3930k's at that price.

Back