Intel Retail Edge "Summer Deal" 2014

It already says the 4770k is sold out, but i still can't find the order page for the 4930k...

Don't spread fud. It hasn't gone live yet.

*Edit*
Obviously you are trolling or are just faking it as the order page for both are on the same page...

*Edit 2*
Or you got your incorrect information from some moron at SD.

Status05142014_zps698a696a.jpg

Status205142014_zps329fefcf.jpg

That would suck after doing all that shit online for them to sell out extremely fast... of course if they do that they might lose any incentive for future retail edge "training"

last time they didn't sell out for a few days to almost a week, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting it in the first 10 min.

The terms say it will be shipped within 6 weeks, anyone thats gotten one of these deals before, does it actually take that long? Trying to decide when to put my old parts up for sale.

I got in that last summer deal and the winter deal, the last summer deal shipped and arrived in like 1.5/2 weeks for me I was surprised, the winter deal though ended up taking about 4-5 weeks to arrive so it very well could take 6 weeks.

I know a few people that work for eligible companies. I just would feel like a real asshole to ask them to go through all that bullshit just to get me the 4930k. That's the one I really want.

I wish they would like you just buy it for a discount without jumping through ****ing hoops.

Decisions...

With Devil's Canyon launching in June with improved TIM plus other bits, grabbing the 4770K now seems like a step backward from my 2600K and the 4930K on the other hand will be a beast for at least a few more years even with X79.

Decisions...

With Devil's Canyon launching in June with improved TIM plus other bits, grabbing the 4770K now seems like a step backward from my 2600K and the 4930K on the other hand will be a beast for at least a few more years even with X79.

at best the 4970k will be the same price of the 4770k right now, so about $330. The intel retail edge 4770k is $111 plus shipping/tax, lets just say $150 after all that. That's less than half. I'll take half off, sure its going to run hotter but that's $150 savings, you can always try your hand at delidding.

I'm going to use this in my media center (over kill I know, but plex transcodes for my roku and the android app so it will help there), currently have an i3 2100 that works fine but I gave away all my spare pc's and I would like to use the i3 2100 as my linux tinkering pc.

Decisions...

Get the 4770k and a z97 board and you will be set for future upgrades. Sell the 4770k when the new proc comes out.

(Atleast from how I have interpreted the info on Devil's Canyon, etc.)

I know a few people that work for eligible companies. I just would feel like a real asshole to ask them to go through all that bullshit just to get me the 4930k. That's the one I really want.

I wish they would like you just buy it for a discount without jumping through ****ing hoops.

So just have them make an account and get it verified. You can then get the login from them and do the stuff yourself.

So just have them make an account and get it verified. You can then get the login from them and do the stuff yourself.

And then the program gets shut down because of people abusing it, ruining it for all of us that actually do qualify ....

What is the exact page where it said sold out?

Here, have some quotes from the retail edge forums:

Hope that was just a page glitch. Not sure if the Big Deal is actually available yet. I refreshed the page to see if it was, and it showed Out Of Stock for the 4770K. Refreshed again a moment later and its back to just not saying anything.

Just had the same thing happen to me, hoping it was a glitch. Not even close to afternoon hours either.

Yeah saw the same glitch... Said SOLD OUT, I had some sort of eye twitch at that point...

I was freaking out for a sec when I saw deal 1 was sold out and I couldn't find anyway to order deal 2. My heart rate is now back to normal since it looks like it was just a glitch.

Here, have some quotes from the retail edge forums:

ok, so somebody at Intel had fun freaking a bunch of people out.

I've been checking every few minutes waiting for it to go live so it must have only been that way for a very very short time.

Holy Shit guys. Jump down my throat more. It said sold out for a bit, I emailed Intel and they said it was a glitch

what's got everyone leaning towards the 4930k deal? not doubting just trying to figure out why, twice the price for 6core vs 4, 12mb cache vs 8, and socket 2011 vs 1150?

I planned to upgrade my 2600k / asus p8p67 pro system. Gaming, mild media creation, video editing.

Mostly for the features that come with a newer board, rather than processor.

what's got everyone leaning towards the 4930k deal? not doubting just trying to figure out why, twice the price for 6core vs 4, 12mb cache vs 8, and socket 2011 vs 1150?

More PCIe lanes and quad channel instead of dual.

Plus I already have a 2011 system.

Hey cyclone I'm at work on the road, mindsending me a pm when it does go live?

trying to justify any reason I might need 2011 over 1150. e.e

edit: gonna save money/electricity, 4770k + new mobo. devote savings to upgrading evga gtx 670 ftw. yeeeeee

Last edited:
trying to justify any reason I might need 2011 over 1150. e.e

It is more awesomer?

RAM throughput is higher. If you use any programs that do memory intensive stuff, you will notice a difference.

If you want to run multiple video cards or run other PCIe cards that use a decent amount of lanes, the extra PCIe lanes will help.

2 cores/4 threads extra can also help depending on what you are doing.

Even at $191 for producer status, the 4930k is a no-brainer for most.

If you already have an 1150 setup, the 4770k is going to definitely be a better deal unless you actually need the extras that come with the 2011 platform.

It is more awesomer?

RAM throughput is higher. If you use any programs that do memory intensive stuff, you will notice a difference.

If you want to run multiple video cards or run other PCIe cards that use a decent amount of lanes, the extra PCIe lanes will help.

2 cores/4 threads extra can also help depending on what you are doing.

Even at $191 for producer status, the 4930k is a no-brainer for most.

If you already have an 1150 setup, the 4770k is going to definitely be a better deal unless you actually need the extras that come with the 2011 platform.

*shakes fist* I would be upgrading mobo anyway so 1150 system doesn't matter 2600k/p8p67 pro. Just 2011 seems far more expensive than 1150. Few times a month I do some encoding. Mostly gaming/media streaming. Frequently streaming gaming content via obs/xsplit.

Pretty certain with live streaming my ISP upload speed is my bottleneck. Gaming would be my gpu. And not sure I do enough encoding or frequently enough to justify higher ram throughput for the 2 extra cores.

Last edited:
*shakes fist* I would be upgrading mobo anyway so 1150 system doesn't matter 2600k/p8p67 pro. Just 2011 seems far more expensive than 1150. Few times a month I do some encoding. Mostly gaming/media streaming. Frequently streaming gaming content via obs/xsplit.

Pretty certain with live streaming my ISP upload speed is my bottleneck. Gaming would be my gpu. And not sure I do enough encoding or frequently enough to justify higher ram throughput for the 2 extra cores.

I just wish someone that isn't going to take advantage of this and is an honest [H] member PMS me with a 4770K they want to sell me. :D I'm a personal attendant so I think I go through alot more then selling in a store front. Believe me! Not to mention I put in my retail time for 5-6 years when I was in school and just out of school. Didn't work the participating locations but retail is retail. :rolleyes:

I just wish someone that isn't going to take advantage of this and is an honest [H] member PMS me with a 4770K they want to sell me. :D I'm a personal attendant so I think I go through alot more then selling in a store front. Believe me! Not to mention I put in my retail time for 5-6 years when I was in school and just out of school. Didn't work the participating locations but retail is retail. :rolleyes:

Bad luck. I had a friend who qualified and wasn't participating so I signed him up and watched vids to rank him up so I could buy. ^^

edit: I'm sure I could get a retail job at best buy now no problem. rofl. HAY U BUY INTEL NAOW!

I'm sure I could get a retail job at best buy now no problem. rofl. HAY U BUY INTEL NAOW!

I know.. right!

Crazy materials that repeat the same thing over and over again.

Intel means performance.

From now on I am going to use "Intel" instead of performance.. such as:

How is the Intel of your PC compared to the Intel of my PC?

Any idea when this goes live says afternoon it is now 5pm well after noon in my area

Finished ordering both of my 4770k's.

Received both of my order confirmations too.

Back