Intel Retail Edge "Summer Deal" 2014

WaXmAn

2[H]4U
Starts May 14

You may order Deal 1 OR Deal 2 (one per person!).

Shipping
$12.50 (USD)—Continental U.S.
$30.00 (USD)—Hawaii or Alaska
$36.00 (USD)—Canada or Puerto Rico

Deal #1
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770K Desktop Processor
Premium performance for your most demanding tasks
Clock speed: 3.5 GHz (up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology)
4 cores, 8 threads
22 nm microarchitecture
LGA 1150, 84W TDP
8 MB Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Processor details

Pricing:
Rock Legend: $76.00 USD
Rockstar: $96.00 USD
Producer: $111.00 USD

Deal #2
Intel® Core™ i7 4930K Desktop Processor
Unlock your full potential with maximized speed
Clock speed 3.4 GHz (up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
6 cores, 12 threads
22 nm microarchitecture
LGA 2011, 130W TDP
12 MB Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Processor details

Pricing:
Rock Legend: $156.00 USD
Rockstar: $176.00 USD
Producer: $191.00 USD

My friend used to work at the Sony store but got laid off when they closed their stores, he's verified for another 27 days. Is it possible to still get something? How hard is it to get producer?

4930K for $156 and Im never eligible. You can all kiss my ass!

They should give these to most retail job workers.

They make shit pay and deal with jerks all day ;)

If someone is eligible how likely is it they'd even get the chance to get in on these great deals? There has to be some insane hoops to jump through, I'd think.

Edit: What's the better option/pathway anyway, a newer 4 core 4770K CPU or an older 6 core 4930K CPU?

If someone is eligible how likely is it they'd even get the chance to get in on these great deals? There has to be some insane hoops to jump through, I'd think.

Edit: What's the better option/pathway anyway, a newer 4 core 4770K CPU or an older 6 core 4930K CPU?

I'd go 4930K in a heartbeat. No brainer.

Currently own 4770K because of the price. I am neither happy nor sad about the product.

I don't get it.... What are the different prices? And they are not available to anyone?

They should give these to most retail job workers.

They make shit pay and deal with jerks all day ;)

The reason they don't is because they know the people who *do* have access to the program mostly put their purchases up on eBay/Craigslist.

Where's the list of qualified employers?

AARON'S
ABC WAREHOUSE
ABT ELECTRONICS
ACTIONLINK
ADORAMA
ALTEX ELECTRONICS
AMERICAN
APPLE RETAIL STORE
ASN DEPOT
AT&T
B&H PHOTO VIDEO & PRO AUDIO
BCOM COMPUTER CENTRE
BEST BUY (CANADA)
BEST BUY (USA)
BEST BUY MOBILE
BJ'S WHOLESALE CLUB
BRANDSMART USA
CANADA COMPUTERS
CDW
CDW CALL CENTERS
CENTRAL COMPUTERS
COMPUTER STOP
CONN'S
COSTCO
CYBERPOWER
DATAVISION
DELL
DELL - MDM
DELL EXPERIENCE CENTER
DIGILINK COMPUTERS
DIRECTRON
ELECTRONIC EXPRESS
FAMSA
FRY'S ELECTRONICS
FUTURE SHOP
GATEWAY
GEEK SQUAD
HHGREGG
HP
HP-HHO
HP-SMB
HSN
IBUYPOWER
INSIGHT
INSIGHT CALL CENTERS
INTREX
J&R MUSIC AND COMPUTER WORLD
KEHTRON COMPUTERS
LA CURACAO
LENOVO
LENOVO HQ
LONDON DRUGS
MARKETSOURCE – HP
MARKETSTAR – HP
MARKETSTAR – SONY
MDG COMPUTERS CANADA
MEMORY EXPRESS
MICRO CENTER
MICROBYTES
MICROSOFT STORE
MILWAUKEE PC
MOSAIC – HP
NCIX.COM/NETLINK COMPUTER
NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART
NEWEGG
NEXCOM
OFFICE DEPOT
OFFICEMAX
PC CONNECTION
PC LAPTOPS
PCM
PC VILLAGE
PRIORITY COMPUTER SYSTEMS
PURCHASING POWER
QVC
RADIOSHACK
.COM
RCS COMPUTER EXPERIENCE
RENT-A-CENTER
ROGERS
SAM'S CLUB
SAMSUNG
SEARS
SHAW CABLE
SONY
SONY FACTORY OUTLET
STAPLES
STAPLES BUSINESS DEPOT
SUPERIOR COMPUTERS
SUPERIOR PC SYSTEMS
TECH ADVANCED COMPUTERS
THE SOURCE
TELUS
TigerDirect.com Retail Store
TigerDirect.com Call Center
T-MOBILE
TOSHIBA
VIZIO
WAL-MART (CANADA)
WAL-MART (USA)

This is the list from last year, they don't think it has changed. Must be in retail position within company (Or lie on your form.)

Does anyone know how to retrieve an old username? I have the recovery email password but not the username... :eek:

Does anyone know how to retrieve an old username? I have the recovery email password but not the username... :eek:

they haven't used user names for logging in for at least a year, its been an email address to login ever since I signed up.

I was hoping they would have the new devil's canyon chips and the 4930 has and old chipset so 4770k it is then. I already have a 4770k but mine runs hot so i'll throw it in the media center and this one in my main.

I don't get it.... What are the different prices? And they are not available to anyone?

I'm probably going to murder this description, so Google "Intel Retail Edge" for a more legit answer.

This is a deal only for employees of certain retail chains. You have to take various Intel "marketing training" classes/webinars to get points to qualify for different status levels. Those status levels earn you various discounts as shown in this thread.

I'm probably going to murder this description, so Google "Intel Retail Edge" for a more legit answer.

This is a deal only for employees of certain retail chains. You have to take various Intel "marketing training" classes/webinars to get points to qualify for different status levels. Those status levels earn you various discounts as shown in this thread.

Makes enough sense, but will check it out as well. Thanks!

Last summer I got the i7-3770K for around $80 and because I was in the first 1000, got a free wireless keyboard and mouse combo. It's still kicking. :D

My friend used to work at the Sony store but got laid off when they closed their stores, he's verified for another 27 days. Is it possible to still get something? How hard is it to get producer?

I used to be a retail edge member a few years ago. I used to do the least amount of work to get in on the deal. Sure there is Rockstar and other levels that will save you a whole $15 but it was definitely not worth my time.

With that said, I am still using the i7 960 I bought long ago from the RE. Disappointing to see that CPUs are not that much faster than they were 3+ years ago when I got this CPU.

If you want to buy one then wait about a month and head to FS/FT ... don't ask to buy one here before they are even for sale. You'll get the thread closed or your posts deleted.

It is against the programs terms and conditions.

Anyone want to sell me the CPU they just bought at a local store *wink wink* after realizing they can buy their own for them to keep from the Retail Edge program and just make really super sure to give me the original one the bought and not the one from the program :D I kid I kid!!

If you want to buy one then wait about a month and head to FS/FT ... don't ask to buy one here before they are even for sale. You'll get the thread closed or your posts deleted.

Is that so?

I'd like to buy one plz.

The fact that the bulk of the people that pick these up end up flipping them for full retail on FS/FT makes me ill. Yes... I went there.

Got my chips all ready to go! Happy to be working for a company that is on that list now.

Is that so?

I'd like to buy one plz.

The fact that the bulk of the people that pick these up end up flipping them for full retail on FS/FT makes me ill. Yes... I went there.

So they pocket $250 and you're "ill." When was the last time you worked retail? It sucks. I would much rather have a better job and pay full retail price than work in retail and save $250.

It is against the programs terms and conditions.

So is selling the AMD game codes from gpu bundles but people do it here and the mods could give two cents less. So your point is what?

Stepping up and saying I'll buy a 4770K if someone isn't going to use their slot for a personal purchase. Heck I'm even looking for a 3770K if your looking to upgrade.

Last edited:
When the 39xxK cpu was up there and i worked retail i sold it but i also only sold a 550 dollar cpu for 350 so i figured the person who bought it from me still got a deal.

I will be buying my self the 4770k this year to replace my 2700k from a winter deal a few years ago. Intel has by far one of the best learning programs and prizes/deals

So they pocket $250 and you're "ill." When was the last time you worked retail? It sucks. I would much rather have a better job and pay full retail price than work in retail and save $250.

The poor calamities of "having" to work retail? Kind of like how you get your ass chewed out if you question tipping because "you don't know how hard servers work!"

The poor calamities of "having" to work retail? Kind of like how you get your ass chewed out if you question tipping because "you don't know how hard servers work!"

You can say all you want about it, but it sucks balls, especially around holidays. On top of that, you have to sit through a few hours of "training" to get enough points to buy a CPU. And then jackasses want you to sell them cheap to them because you got it cheap. No way. I got a few of these CPU's when I worked at Walmart. I kept some, sold some, but I always got "market value" out of it.

You can say all you want about it, but it sucks balls, especially around holidays. On top of that, you have to sit through a few hours of "training" to get enough points to buy a CPU. And then jackasses want you to sell them cheap to them because you got it cheap. No way. I got a few of these CPU's when I worked at Walmart. I kept some, sold some, but I always got "market value" out of it.

Oh what a shocker, there are times of the year where a job sucks! :D Seriously I'm just giving you a hard time for complaining about being in retail. I'm not trying to argue against making some money off your CPUs that you get. If you think $250 (or whatever) is fair value for a few hours of your time.. while working a just over minimum wage job, then more power to you.

FYI, I wouldn't sell to some random stranger at a serious discount either just because they asked nicely online (or criticized you for making a buck) Someone I've known for a while sure, but random guy? no way.

Is that so?

I'd like to buy one plz.

¯\(ツ)

anyone wanna sell me a 4930k?

I'm sure someone will sell you their 4930k. Heck, they could make up to $424 profit on the deal depending on where they stand in the program. It's nice of you to help them avoid those eBay fees. Retail is a tough job. It's nice to see someone offering to help instead of rolling over them like usual. Thumbs up to you sir. You are a good man.

Anyone else stuck on roadie? I've gotten 25,000 points in the last 6 months but its not making me a producer.

So this is only for retail (ie frontline salesmen)? I'm on that list of companies, but I work as a programmer in the office. It's kind of curious as to why they're offering this to retail employees only when those will be the most likely ones to turn around and sell it for 2-3x as much. This seems like a silly move on their part. Well I'm not that bitter, I already have a 4770k and I know retail pay probably isn't too hot.

So this is only for retail (ie frontline salesmen)? I'm on that list of companies, but I work as a programmer in the office. It's kind of curious as to why they're offering this to retail employees only when those will be the most likely ones to turn around and sell it for 2-3x as much. This seems like a silly move on their part. Well I'm not that bitter, I already have a 4770k and I know retail pay probably isn't too hot.

They added call center employees as well last year. I work for apple taking calls so I was able to get in. These are the positions it lists, it does have an other so I guess if you work for one of those companies you could put other.

Back