Intel Retail Edge - i7 970 $215

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is willing to pay extra for the mobo bundle, let me know I am willing to buy the board off you.

I finally got over the hump... made 31500 points in about 4 hours of work I'd say, maybe a bit less time than that.

But yeah, one thing I didn't know starting out and missed out on about 1500 points was that the newest stuff gives 500 - 1000 more points for 100% correct answers as opposed to 80%. So be sure to get 100% on the newest Word and Session activities.

Also the contest/drawing quizzes actually yield points, too, even though they don't say that they do.

I'd like to know if I am the only one who is a verified retail member and settled for the 4 core. This guy above me who says he reached rockstar is making me cry. From what I saw, looked like it would take me at least a full day if not more. 6 cores is nice but in the end, the clock speed is the same so I should get almost the same performance 95% of the time for what I do.

Since you can only get one, I can't go back and do it over again.

I'd like to know if I am the only one who is a verified retail member and settled for the 4 core. This guy above me who says he reached rockstar is making me cry. From what I saw, looked like it would take me at least a full day if not more. 6 cores is nice but in the end, the clock speed is the same so I should get almost the same performance 95% of the time for what I do.

That really sucks big time I think almost everyone went for the 970 and looks like most people went to ebay/craigslist/fs forums and flipped them. Anyway you can get a friend you work with to get verified?

That $99 960 deal was awesome too so I wouldn't spend to much time worrying about it. I opted for the 970 myself but did have to dig around to find more sources for earning chips. It was a bit of a hassle; not horrendous but because of work and day-to-day stuff, it took me an extra day or so to get Rockstar.

Shipped! woot!
Ordered 12/9
Got shipping confirmation email 12/17

I saw that someone had said theirs shipped from China. This was not the case for mine (960) which is shipping from Illinois. I should have it by 12/21

As far as 960 vs the 6 core, they are both mind boggling great deals. I am on a strict budget so I trimmed a few $$$ by going with the 960 and putting it toward a decent mobo. No ASrock this time!

Does your status(rockstar) goes away if you spend chips and go under 30K?

I still haven't got a confirmation email either.

I would like to know the answer to this as well, I already ordered my stuff, will they cancel my order if I spend my chips on the game bundle now?

No - you don't lose your status by spending chips once you get it. But you do need to earn at least 1200 (I think that's the amount) chips a month to keep it.

You 'spend' your chips but keep your status as long as you do (like Viper wrote) the upkeep.

My I7 overclocked to 3.70ghz and SLI GTX 470s absolutely scream :)

I mean literally, it sounds like I am running a leaf blower.

I'm struggling to get to rockstar, any tips? I already did the pc mag ones that took forever.

i'm working on those now, i'm on the second one atm. after i did the pc mag reviews one i saw on slickdeals that someone had already answered them and listed the answers, wish i would have seen that like half an hour ago lol. i'm only at about 11k so i'm pretty short.

Got my points and got verified, I'm probably going for the 970 in a day or two, if anyone wants me to get that board or the ssd for them, send me a pm and we can work something out. not looking to make money just what it costs me and shipping to where it needs to go.

Got my points and got verified, I'm probably going for the 970 in a day or two, if anyone wants me to get that board or the ssd for them, send me a pm and we can work something out. not looking to make money just what it costs me and shipping to where it needs to go.

Very generous of you. I'm still about 10k points short, but there are plenty of points out there. Just have to get the time to finish. I sold off my old X6 parts, so I'm using my laptop as my primary machine so I have motivation to finish up...lol.

Took two weeks from order to delivery for my 970, shipped from Illinois. I'll post my i7 950 in the for-sale section. No word on the items I ordered 1.5 weeks ago with the chips earned getting Rockstar.

Looking for an i7 970 seller, please PM with a reasonable offer. Have ebay and heat!

I still see people being able to order SSD's, processors and bundles.

Intel has done a good job of keeping the supply up for all items since the 1st. I just hope I can get on the SSD now after I get all my xmas money :D

Just finished to Rockstar and ordered my 970. OP, thank you for reminding me about Retail Edge now that I work in retail.

Just signed up yesterday and got to Rockstar 30k overnight!!! Now for the validation of my retail job :) Please validate faster :) Gotta make sure I can get in order before the 29th!!

Last edited:
This is about the only time I wish I worked at Best Buy.... damn it. Sweet f%*@king deal!!!

Got a 970 yesterday, sucks they ran out of the SSDs. Glad I got a i7 970 though!!!

Last day iirc. The amount of begging was really annoying. Glad to see it end.

No one was going to sell a 970 for $300 when they could easily get twice that on Ebay.

I started playing this on sunday because intel gave it to you in the package...

CRACK.

In 3 days I've put in 37 hours.
o_O

Oh, man.
After reading your post I went back and started playing this.

Very addictive. one more turn, one more turn.....very cool.

Oh, man.
After reading your post I went back and started playing this.

Very addictive. one more turn, one more turn.....very cool.

Sorry for getting you sucked in dude.
You're not the only one though. I got my boss addicted too.

Sorry for getting you sucked in dude.
You're not the only one though. I got my boss addicted too.

No prob, I should thank you, I haven't played WoW since I started with Civ. :)

Last night I was up till 1:30 AM. I just had to finish off Russia.

I must say, I thought it was just a lame gimmie part of the Intel deal, but I would gladly pay full retail price for this, and that is saying alot coming from a cheap bastard like myself.

I just got my shipping confirmation e-mail. Hopefully I'll be up and running soon :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back