Intel Retail Edge Bundle Fall 2008 NEW details

I dont know why I have to have 50 posts in order to add to a thread over in hot deals.. but here goes in this thread because its related.

The 2008 fall Intel retail edge bundle as many people have seen from the email will include an Intel Q8300 processor Vista and a motherboard. (Or offers an SSD HDD)

I emailed them complaining about the "cheap" version processor, and also asked about the motherboard. And the mother board is probably going to be the deal keeper.

"We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the current configuration of the upcoming Big Deal. The determination for which items we will be offering is based on multiple factors, including quantity of all of the items available, and making sure we can provide the bundle at a price point that allows as many Program members to participate as possible.

I have however, forwarded your concerns onto Program management for consideration in future promotions.

In regards to your secondary question, we will be including the Intel(R) P45SG Extreme Series Motherboard. Full details for the Big Deal will also be made available on the site beginning in early November when we host our next site refresh."

Intel(R) P45SG Extreme Series Motherboard!!!
Crossfire, DDR3 optical sound, overlcocking.
It does have an unusually large heat sink by the processor socket though.. might be annoying for finding a heatsink.

Found it on tiger direct:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=4008497&sku=I69-2172

I hope the bundle is $150 or $200, then I would definitely buy it.

So
$200 processor
$150 motherboard
$100 OS

$450 worth of stuff

for $260 isn't too shabby. I'd buy it if I could!

Anyone eligible that doesn't want to take advantage of it or who wants to part it out, I'll take the processor for $150.

I dont know why I have to have 50 posts in order to add to a thread over in hot deals.. but here goes in this thread because its related.

becuase they dont want spammers filling it up, 50 posts is a good amount to show someone actually posts here and isnt a spammer / conner

Intel updated their Retail Edge site to show the new bundle. It's a Q9300, not a Q8300.

how do you know the prices? They're not listed on the site.

One of my coworkers went to the Live event in Charlotte, NC two weeks ago. He got the prices directly from them.

Of course, they also said the processor was a Q8300, and look where that went...

yeah, I would bet they were lower level guys who weren't totally sure and just guessing

How fast is the shipping on this stuff? I ordered mine yesterday, and have heard nothing about a tracking number, just a email saying it shipped. I ordered the leatherman last week (i know not a good deal, but wanted to use the points).

Back