Intel Retail Edge 2006!

Where it says you have a choice, thats exactly it, you have a choice, one not both.

My understanding of the current EULA is that you can install either, at any time. So if you install the 32 bit, then decide to reformat and install the 64 bit at some later date, as long as it is on the same computer, you are ok legally. But, installing both as a dual boot would not be allowed (not sure if it would not work, but it would not be legal).

Yeah I just looked through the EULA again. It has a very small section about 64-bit and 32-bit. It is written thusly:

c. Alternative Versions. The software may include more than one version, such as 32-bit and 64-bit. You may use only one version at one time.

Nothing about installing one and being stuck with it permanently. Not sure where intel got their info from. But if you dual boot, you are only using one version at a time. When you boot to the 32-bit version, you aren't using the 64-bit version. And vice versa. Even if microsoft complains, there is no reason why I can't just install one and use the indefinite activation trick on the other one.

I am almost certain this would not be allowed. As much as I would also like to do this, if you put yourself in M$ shoes it is essentially buying one OS and using two...

Not really, it's still the same OS only with a different binary set. And it isn't as if you get to use both at the same time.

Anyone heard news on vista. I realize that its already been discussed here, just looking for an update.

Anyone heard news on vista. I realize that its already been discussed here, just looking for an update.

Just like most other big business. You take care of the customer wanting to buy now, not the people who have already bought the product... Im sure MS is in no big rush to send hundreds if not thousands of ultimate copies that were dirt cheap as cost and already paid for... IMO
:rolleyes:

I perdict a march shipment.

I sold last years bundle today and just ordered my bundle tonight. Can't wait to get it. Need to raise money for new ram and video card.

I received my bundle recently with beta Vista, called Intel and was told "3 to 8 weeks" for Ultimate to ship, but that we will all receive additional tracking e-mails when those shipments are out.

FWIW...

question..is this the retail or oem version of the CPU and MOBO..in retail box?

Has anyone received their copy yet?

It is looking more like mid to late March is the time frame, but hopefully it will be sooner!!!

Has anyone received their copy yet?

It is looking more like mid to late March is the time frame, but hopefully it will be sooner!!!
Really!
My copy keeps sending me a window on startup warning me that my copy is not supported by MS anymore and I need to upgrade.

I just really want Vista while i am home over spring break so i have a ton of time to fool with it, and with the speed they are going, i am not going to get it :(

come on, March 9th, at my door step.....

I still think it we won't get it until late March. For some reason most of the retail stores don't even have Ultimate in stock.

Just got mine as well. however they are sending it to my old address in arizona:mad: Im gonna have to call ups first thing in the morning to bitch them out and have it diverted to my new address.

holy flipping sweetness...
I would have liked it 2 months ago when i came out, but ill take this.....

mine has been confirmed that it is shipping, but my UPS tracking doesn't work yet.... :-/

Sweet! Shipped.

Now if only Creative would put out some X-Fi Vista drivers so I'd feel comfortable installing it.

i also just got mine, i read here that everyone was getting there email and i didn't have one. Checked my spam and then looked back in my inbox and it was there.

coming from IL it shouldnt take to long. I still have my fingers crossed that its in that cool box. Im a nerd like that..

Got my confirmation that it shipped as well. It appears they are shipping from IL again so if it holds true as the first part of the order I should have it tomorrow.

03/08/2007 06:20:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY

WOOO! :::Dance:::
So now I will have a real OS.
Now I will have to go by CompUSA and pick up a real mobo. This DG965wh is killing me.

Is anyone else having the issue where putting in a usb drive shorts out ALL the ports and only a restart will fix it?
I'm looking into an ASUS P5B Delux Wifi

And IL to Detroit BETTER be quick, lol.

LOL, as I was sitting here reading this I was thinking, "I didnt get an email today, I checked!"
So, I checked again and sure enough there it was!
Hmm, Illinois to Illinois, should be here tomorrow!!
It will go well with my RMA Evga board!

Hoobie:D

Got my confirmation...It'll be a couple of days before is reaches Miami, FL though.

I like that they sent it ground when i payed for 2nd day air :rolleyes:

Luckily its from IL and i am in MN, but it could just have easily been from much further away and i could have gotten hosed...

I just got mine! One weird thing though...I got two discs, one 32-bit, one 64-bit, as expected, but each has a separate product key...does this mean I have two licenses of Vista, or does using one key invalidate the other?

I just got mine! One weird thing though...I got two discs, one 32-bit, one 64-bit, as expected, but each has a separate product key...does this mean I have two licenses of Vista, or does using one key invalidate the other?

At the live event I attended they explained that since we wouldn't have Vista on launch they they were giving us both the 32bit and the 64bit. I'm under the assumption that we have two legit copies.

Mine arrived as well, too bad its not the sexy box but hey not a bad deal!

At the live event I attended they explained that since we wouldn't have Vista on launch they they were giving us both the 32bit and the 64bit. I'm under the assumption that we have two legit copies.

Mine arrived as well, too bad its not the sexy box but hey not a bad deal!

is this true?

is this true?
Check back a few pages in this thread. Someone emailed Intel asking what we would get, and if I remember right, they told us that we would get both copies, but only one serial key.

Maybe they changed their minds....

Back