Intel Retail Edge 2006!

Do I have to be verified by 11/30? or just accept it by 1130? I have 10875 points right now. one of the 500 challenges wont' work right now for some reason. If I'm short on points by 11/30 should I just apply for it anyway?

What are these Toolbox downloads that people are talking about. I clicked on toolbox and downloaded everything in there but didn't see any points added.

~J

Got my Gigabyte mobo and now my E6300 is at 3.0 Ghz

GG intel. Should of just bought my stuff separately instead of wasting money on the bundle. :(

ARGH!! Why won't August challenge work?? Come on Johnsons, get your act together!!
It's Nora's fault, I know it!!

Tyler :mad: :D

MotherFinMike said:
any one know if a scythe infinity will fit on this mobo?

why would you want to use such a good aftermarket heatsink on this mobo, it can't overclock very well.

Clarity said:
why would you want to use such a good aftermarket heatsink on this mobo, it can't overclock very well.

I just want this computer to be very reliable for my wife an daughter.. so do you know if it will fit?

Just completed everything today, but came up 600 points short of guranteed. I'm finishing off the verification process now.

Anyone with any prior experience know if I have any shot at getting one since I qualified but was not guranteed one?

~J

hello. question for you guys.

I've been through the retailedge training, and have everything ready to go-- all I have to do is pay. I came across this thread today.

If I don't need the copy of vista, because I will be supplied with one eventually at no cost to me, is this a good price for the mobo and cpu? Reading the last couple of pages of posts, it looks like the board is garbage, and the cpu is old...

I'll have to get new ram - ddr2, and a new gfx card - pcie, new hsf... This is going to cost a whole lot in the end, so I was curious if it's worth it. I'm still running an AMD barton 2500+ overclocked to hell and back lol.

Thanks for the advice.

MATTRESS said:
hello. question for you guys.

I've been through the retailedge training, and have everything ready to go-- all I have to do is pay. I came across this thread today.

If I don't need the copy of vista, because I will be supplied with one eventually at no cost to me, is this a good price for the mobo and cpu? Reading the last couple of pages of posts, it looks like the board is garbage, and the cpu is old...

I'll have to get new ram - ddr2, and a new gfx card - pcie. This is going to cost a whole lot in the end, so I was curious if it's worth it. I'm still running an AMD barton 2500+ overclocked to hell and back lol.

Thanks for the advice.

You just have to consider the cost of everything.

Vista Ultimate is $500
CPU is $180
Mainboard is ~$100

You can look at it this way:
You are paying half price for Vista Ultimate and getting the hardware free.

I was running an Athlon XP 3000+ system and I loved how it ran. I am excited about the potential of the new system.

You and I are in the same boat. A new board is definitely going to forces us to buy new ram, possibly a different HDD (the new board has only one ide connector. *I* need to get SATA now). We must go from the AGP card we knew and loved to a spiffy new PCI-E card. It will be expensive and we may feel compelled to upgrade all that very soon and that will be very costly, but if we take our time and get things one at a time, the pinch to our wallet will not seem so unbearable.

If you find Vista unbearable to run, then of course this whole package may not be your best value.
This board is not very tweakable.
Hardcore overclockers wil scoff at it.
The memory requirements are quite stringent.

Getting to my point:
If you can settle for what Intel is offering, you can be happy with your purchase.

Good luck with your decision:D

nbaj2k said:
Do I have to be verified by 11/30? or just accept it by 1130? I have 10875 points right now. one of the 500 challenges wont' work right now for some reason. If I'm short on points by 11/30 should I just apply for it anyway?

What are these Toolbox downloads that people are talking about. I clicked on toolbox and downloaded everything in there but didn't see any points added.

~J

Here is an e-mail from my Intel Area rep. This should clear things up with the dates. He fwd it to me from Retail Edge Admin:

You and I were both lost on this.

I got this email form the Retailedge admin.

This note should clarify.

Terry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terry,

The Qualification Period ends on Nov 30th—meaning you have to have enough Chips and have applied for the Purchase Program by the end of November.

Then you have until Feb 16th to get your verification and order on Shop-Intel submitted.

Hope that helps yall

Also, still no word on the 25K club yet. My rep says theyre still kicking it around.

vsboxerboy said:
w00t just got my package today...for those of you that already got your packages, could we get a list of ram that works with the DG965WH because I'm sure alot of people are having problems......maybe even some benchmarks comparing 5300 vs 6400 even??

I bought pny optima 5300 it runs 1.8v with timings of 5-5-5-15

Well, it refused to give the last 75 points I needed to qualify for guaranteed. So I went ahead and ordered at 11,925 points.

What do you suppose my chances are of getting it? It already charged my account. Does that mean I'm in?

Thanks
Tyler

faxed my info yesterday, got verification e-mail today
ordered the bundle, shows in stock, so we'll see

Wow! Ordered my combo at about 11:00pm on 11/29 with 11,925 points. 75 short.

I got my shipped confirmation email at 8:50am on 11/30.

Shipped with tracking number in under 12 hours!
Pretty impressive!

Tyler :D

hoobie7 said:
Wow! Ordered my combo at about 11:00pm on 11/29 with 11,925 points. 75 short.

I got my shipped confirmation email at 8:50am on 11/30.

Shipped with tracking number in under 12 hours!
Pretty impressive!

yep, mine shipped too

order confirmation Nov 29 1:59 PM
shipment notice Nov 30 10:50 AM

w00tage, mine shipped :)

I have 2 gigs of GSkill and a DS3 also shipped...
Now i just need to get back into the USA to play with it :(
don't get back for another 15 days.... crappy....(fuck India)

what is ds3?

dementer said:
w00tage, mine shipped :)

I have 2 gigs of GSkill and a DS3 also shipped...
Now i just need to get back into the USA to play with it :(
don't get back for another 15 days.... crappy....(fuck India)

amdmaxx said:
what is ds3?
Its like a PS3, but for the PC. You put your intel retail edge CPU in it, and it makes you have DirectX 12.

w1retap said:
Its like a PS3, but for the PC. You put your intel retail edge CPU in it, and it makes you have DirectX 12.

Very Very close, but not quite, sorry, I think thats the DS4 :p

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 is what i was talking about

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128012

This way I can OC :D
as well as i was kinda afraid about how well my RAM was going to work in that Intel mobo...

Wow! Mine just got here! Warehouse was in Illinois so it never left my state. Damn now I'm gonna have to hurry up with the other parts.

LOL, from warehouse pick up to my front door in under 22 hours! Down side is I got charged tax on my order.

kaioshade said:
those bastards havent verified me yet, and i even faxed in my forms and everything.

never fear, you have till the 16th of February 2007 @ 11:59pm Pacific time to be verified.

I'm faxing in my verification tomorrow. How long did it take people to get verified?

Its good to know they still have bundles left, hopefully Ill hear back this week and then be able to place my order!

~J

Does anyone have their case fans working off the MOBO? Mine are clicking both of them are. When controlled off the MOBO, if i run the straight from the PS its fine, i tried different settings in the bios and still to fix. Also flashed the bios and nothing new. Anyone else having this problem---or not so i know its just my board.? thanks

I faxed my paperwork in the day i quit my job at circuitcity. They sent me the verification code within 5 minutes of faxing. Ordered it within 10 minutes. Received Shipping notification and tracking code by the end of the day. Thanks Intel!!!

Ordered and shipped within 3 hours of each other.

Who is keeping their bundle?

I've decided to keep the Vista and sell the Processor and Mobo, since I'm not going Conroe just yet. Is ebay the best place to sell these combos?

darb215 said:
Does anyone have their case fans working off the MOBO? Mine are clicking both of them are. When controlled off the MOBO, if i run the straight from the PS its fine, i tried different settings in the bios and still to fix. Also flashed the bios and nothing new. Anyone else having this problem---or not so i know its just my board.? thanks

darb215 said:

When I had mine on the mobo... it wasn't so much clicking as pulsing. At least one of the fans would speed up and slow down over and over. I change the "detect fan" or something liek that setting to "next boot" and it hasn't happened since. I don't think it had anything to do w/ the problem tho... I think I just got lucky. Actually, I also changed my 120mm rear fan (i have a Cent5... 120mm rear, 80mm front) to being on the power supply so maybe that helped.

The only clicking I ever heard was when the power cord from the hsf was getting hit by the fan. I accidentally put my hsf on in the wrong direction and had to undo some of the wire so it'd reach the plug for it. Ah well...

And, obviously, I decided to keep everything. Luckily, this --http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231087 -- memory (which was on sale for $205 when I bought it) worked perfectly fine. I figure the e6300 w/ 2gb ram and an 8800gts will be fine for now. If i need a little more perf, I can go w/ a new mobo for oc'ing (once prices drop on the nice ones). If i need a little more... I could go SLI. And when I need even more, I'll do what I always do - pass whatever I don't need from this PC on to someone else and build a new one! :) I just wish my 8800 would hurry. This onboard crap is killing me. At least it'll be a nice change going from 2 days of intel graphics to my GTS. :)

got mine today

Is the Product Key for the RC1 version of Vista the same as the one we will use for the final version?

I really doubt it. Seems like that would come with the packaging for Vista like a retail one, or even the OEM version.

dementer said:
Has anyone tried to use the key on RC2?

When MS released RC1 to the public for free, they also released 2 keys per signup.
These offical keys both work with RC1 and RC2 32 and 64 bit.
however, due to high demand, they have since suspended the offer.
Roumor has it that RC1 and RC2 fall dead after June '07 but I haven't had a chance to confirm.

EnderW said:
got mine today

Is the Product Key for the RC1 version of Vista the same as the one we will use for the final version?

I have RTM also and running it right now. The RC1 and RC2 keys I mentioned above do not work. 14 days left to activate from the standard 30. Jonezin for a "fix"

Back