Intel Ready with Centrino 2 Laptop Platform

HardOCP News

[H] News
After a one month delay, it seems that Intel’s Centrino 2 laptop platform will finally launch on Monday. Expect product announcements from all the big names; Lenovo, Dell, HP, Toshiba and Fujitsu.

After a delay of more than a month due to issues related to integrated graphics and wireless licensing, Intel will launch the Centrino 2 platform during an event in San Francisco. A number of PC vendors, including Hewlett-Packard, Lenovo, Toshiba and Fujitsu, are gearing up with a series of new notebooks to coincide with the release of Centrino 2, formerly code-named Montevina.

Then I learned that all mobile and desktop 8400 and 8600 video cards are defective.
I learned that some people are guillible. :p C'mon, the G84 and G86 came out over a year ago. The scope of the problem seems to be what nvidia outlined last week.

Good news all around! Maybe the release of Montevina will finally spur Apple to release a redesigned MacBook Pro. Mind you, I'm still waiting for a quad-core mobile Nehalem...

Good news all around! Maybe the release of Montevina will finally spur Apple to release a redesigned MacBook Pro. Mind you, I'm still waiting for a quad-core mobile Nehalem...

you'll probably be waiting for 18 to 24 months.

The 25W dual cores (P8x00 series) have supposedly been shipping to manufactures for two weeks.

Back