Intel Readies New NUCs Based On Kaby Lake And Apollo Lake SoCs

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Fans of Intel’s tiny-PC effort should be pleased to know that new models are releasing in late 2016 and early 2017. The Core-based Baby Canyon NUC will serve as the mainstream model with its higher performance, while the Celeron-powered Arches Canyon NUC will be lesser powered but still fully capable of tasks such as 4K video playback.

The upcoming Intel NUC systems are code-named Baby Canyon and Arches Canyon, according to the slides published by FanlessTech. The Baby Canyon PCs will be powered by Intel’s upcoming Kaby Lake-U SoCs, whereas the Arches Canyon will feature the company’s Apollo Lake chips. The new systems will complement and then eventually replace current-gen NUCs running Broadwell, Braswell and Skylake processors. Meanwhile, Intel’s top-of-the-range code-named Skull Canyon NUCfeaturing the high-end Core i7-6700HQ processor (quad-core with Hyper-Threading, 6 MB LLC, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 with 72 EUs and eDRAM, etc.) will not be replaced at least until late 2017.

Give me a nuc with a beefier psu and some mobile discreet graphics chip! Maybe a 1060m or 1070 m!

I just built one for a friends father to replace the computer I built him 6 or so years ago. I really like these tiny machines.
IMG_0405.JPG

Damn,l for a split second they had me excited about a "fanless" Core i3 NUC :D

Until I realized the linked site was FanlessTech.com. :(

I hate it when sites "hide" their label on a fucking leaked spec sheet. Make that fucker stand out, or put it out of the way in the corner!

im still rocking with a 1st gen nuc box, running linux only time it rebooted was 3 years ago when there was amajor power outage. ive been wanting to upgrade it somat more recent

Nuc's are really good office machines or home pc's that don't need all the extra add ons. when I build a new computer for my mom, shes getting one of those.

We started pushing NUCs for our users , i3 for most , i5 and i7 for the management , all with SSD.
they work amazing and cost about the same as a Dell/HP tower workstation of similar specs.

3g5bscZ.jpg

Back