Intel® Xeon® Processor X7550 Hi-Res MACRO of CPU

very nicely done.

really interesting and beautiful at the same time.

Lovely work, and thanks for sharing!

I’m very suspicious of modern Intel CPUs, and even AMDs last couple of GPUs. I would love to have it proved to me that they are really different products, and not just bug fixed dies, or firmware/driver features enabled.

I hear many rumours of Intel motherboard chipsets not being any different to each other, just features fused off/on etc. Same goes for Intel NIC chips. Years worth of different models with no feature or voltage changes between them.

I wonder if you will get lawyers knocking on your door if you do uncover a new truth...A new dirty little secret of the industry!

What would those look like in a high resolution scanner?

oooh this noticed these new replies! been very busy over the xmas etc.

I live in the north of scotland in a small city named Inverness, i highly doubt intel lawyers will dare to travel to the north! haha

i havent tried scanning in those purely because i dont have access to a high res scanner. but i have printed one in a large metal print, you can see it on a few post above :D

Amazing shots. And really enjoyed the SIM card on your Instagram with the banana next to it.

Any thought to doing old console teardowns for their chips?

I think in my parents basement I may have access to some long dead cards. A 4870 x1650pro and possibly an old 9800 Pro.
Might still have a Pentium 2, the cartridge type. And hey, they’re already pre-sulphered. Sulpher water sucks and kills electronics :(

Amazing shots. And really enjoyed the SIM card on your Instagram with the banana next to it.

Any thought to doing old console teardowns for their chips?

I think in my parents basement I may have access to some long dead cards. A 4870 x1650pro and possibly an old 9800 Pro.
Might still have a Pentium 2, the cartridge type. And hey, they’re already pre-sulphered. Sulpher water sucks and kills electronics :(

Thanks mate! SIM card surprised me too! :D

ive considered doing some older console chips and other older intel / amd cpu's however, most older chips are usually covered in a hard plastic casing that is usually impossible to seperate with heat. i would need to use sulphuric acid and nitric acid to attempt to dissolve the casing to reveal the chip. The plus side would be that the die itself wouldnt be a flip chip. so i wouldnt need to use any sort of etching techniques to reveal the architecture. as it would already be fully revealed. { in most cases } :D

i havent tried scanning in those purely because i dont have access to a high res scanner. but i have printed one in a large metal print, you can see it on a few post above :D

You should look into it. Try wet scanning it and it should help fill in those imperfections in the die.

I have wanted chips done like this for a loooong time now. I'd love something large enough to make into a nice set of cuff links.

I have wanted chips done like this for a loooong time now. I'd love something large enough to make into a nice set of cuff links.

I was planning on making these into certain types of jewels. and i also considered cuff links.

Saw this now......sooo, I should have an 8800GT and 6600....will look for them this WE. Maybe a shot of the famous 8xxx series thermal cycle damage ?!?!?! Oh...I think that's under the chip.

Back