Intel® Core™ i3 2100 LGA 1155 3.1GHz Boxed Processor for $99 with mobo at microcenter

Too bad they won't ship this. I don't feel like driving an hour to Microcenter.

Also, if you add the bundle to your cart, then go back and add it again, it adds a second board for $.01 too. Doing it a third time or changing the quantity then brings the mobo price up to normal... but it might go through with two $.01 boards..

Nice deal. May make me replace my aging e7300...except I really have no need to do so other than de minimus power cost savings.

I am driving right by the microcenter today. Too bad that they are all out of the motherboards! Maybe they will do a raincheck.

The price is now showing up correctly. I grabbed the 7th-to-the-last motherboard in stock in Denver. This will be sold out by this tomorrow, mark my words.

Incidentally I returned this exact item when it was $160 because the mobo had irritating coild whine in windows with Speedstep enabled. Hopefully the new one is fine. This is BY FAR the best gaming platform you can get for $100. The i3 2100 performs like an i7 920 in games, and outperforms the Phenom II 840 in pretty much everything.

Sold out now!

ETA: Microcenter has 2x2GB DDR3 cheap memory for $40. That is $30 with the 25% off coupon. That's a good "core" system for $130 + tax.

Too bad they won't ship this. I don't feel like driving an hour to Microcenter.

Also, if you add the bundle to your cart, then go back and add it again, it adds a second board for $.01 too. Doing it a third time or changing the quantity then brings the mobo price up to normal... but it might go through with two $.01 boards..

Haha should have gotten two. The reason they don't offer this for online and delivery purchase is because they're losing money on this. Like a ton...

Damn, the dang boards were sold out before 10am est in VA. WTF!?

Last edited:
Would have upgraded the HTPC but the board is sold out in Dallas :(

I hate MC. lol, why can't they have stores near me. All I have is a fry's that has terrible prices and stupid employees (The other day they were trying to convince a customer that only amd has 6 core processors).

Seriously, I would totally pick up a couple of these at that price. Upgrade my spare rig and my family's desktop.

Damn, plenty of processors, no motherboards, but the price shows up as $101. Anyone know what happens if you buy it with no motherboard in stock? Deal is null or you they will rain check you a motherboard?

My store also doesn't have any motherboards. This is total BS. Whenever they do a deal like this, they never have the mobos. Just a way to drum up excitement about the store I guess.

Damn, plenty of processors, no motherboards, but the price shows up as $101. Anyone know what happens if you buy it with no motherboard in stock? Deal is null or you they will rain check you a motherboard?

According to the special the CPU is $99.00 out the door. The graphic says:

"Buy just the processor - $139.00 - Price BEFORE $40.00 instant savings"

If you remove everything from your cart, clear the cache, and delete the Microcenter cookie the CPU is $99.00 when added to the cart.

They usually get shipments of the mother boards fairly quickly, maybe on a weekly or bi weekly basis. I remember when I did the AMD combo last year, they were out of the good MSI board, but I waited and the mobo was back in stock.

Man I need a new htpc but I don't have a microcenter :( My 939 is a little slow sometimes.

Richardson/Dallas is OSS of motherboards and therefore they stopped the deal.

Damn, the dang boards were sold out before 10am est in VA. WTF!?

I was there at 9:45. My phone said they had 15 in stock...by 10am it said 6 in stock lol. I ran to the back and grabbed the only one on display and I think that was it. Was racing the online people for the last few. I heard someone behind me asking about it and they said they were oos.

If they wanted these deals to really get people in the store they should not allow online orders. They always run out of the limited resource of the combo too fast. Oh well, crazy good deal and very lucky for me.

Says the KC one is out of stock too. I've gotta go there after work for some other stuff. I'm gonna see if their website might be off or if they'll substitute a different mobo at a reduced price or something.

I'll post an update in about 3 hours!

I noticed people buying multiples of these, isn't it supposed to be 1 per customer??

Says the KC one is out of stock too. I've gotta go there after work for some other stuff. I'm gonna see if their website might be off or if they'll substitute a different mobo at a reduced price or something.

I'll post an update in about 3 hours!

Nope, no motherboard swapping. MC will sometimes give you a discount on a different motherboard if you get the AMD Black Edition deal and don't like the free mobo you get, so I figured I'd ask. They said that they couldn't do it for the i3 2100 deal though.

I still wonder what the difference its between h67 and 61. I use h67 in my bedroom as an htpc and it works beautifully.
Posted via Mobile Device

I still wonder what the difference its between h67 and 61. I use h67 in my bedroom as an htpc and it works beautifully.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure if you've seen it but post #18 lists some differences:

BCLK adjustments (limited as is) is only in P67 iirc. Not sure on the RAM portion, but I believe RAM doesn't matter too much with SB, compared to earlier platforms.

That being said, good deal for a basic box, or HTPC build, or relatives machine :p Heck, even enough for a super ultra budget gaming box, if the gaming benches on Anandtech are anything to go by.

FYI, H61 doesn't natively support SATA6Gb/s, only SATA II.

1155o.png

Unless i'm missing something it seems HTPC users are good to go with H61 (?) unless they're looking for native SATA III for the newest/fastest SSD drives.

Edit:, not seeing USB3.0 on this MSI board either, hmm.

Last edited:
Microcenter is extending the promotion to the end of next week. The manager said that corporate extended it as most stores had very little stock. He also mentioned that way too many people complained about the availability. The web orders drained all the stores and when people came in the morning they were out of stock.

I wonder if there is any way we can get Fry's to price match with their new policy?

Now this price is more like it, $160 was way too much.
I missed it, of course. I hope they do a combo with the H67 soon.

Microcenter is extending the promotion to the end of next week. The manager said that corporate extended it as most stores had very little stock. He also mentioned that way too many people complained about the availability. The web orders drained all the stores and when people came in the morning they were out of stock.

It's not on their site. Do you know if this is all the shops or just your local one?

Dang, OOS on the motherboard. I was making a trip to Microcenter tomorrow already. If its true they are extending it, hopefully I can snag one next week.

if anyone wants a super cheap 1155 board, i'll buy the 2100 from them for $100 shipped to hawaii!

It's not on their site. Do you know if this is all the shops or just your local one?

I doubt they will put it on the site. The manager said it was a memo to all Microcenter stores. Users on SD are posting that they got the same information from their local stores as well.

apparently this board lacks achi? I don't know I haven't booted it yet, I don't think it's a big deal.

I doubt they will put it on the site. The manager said it was a memo to all Microcenter stores. Users on SD are posting that they got the same information from their local stores as well.

I hope they do this. Their web site now says that the board no longer exists. :confused:

Man, I hate you guys. :D I have no Microcenter anywhere near me and that just stinks. :( Oh well, have fun whoever buys this.

I think this deal is dead as the free MSI H61M-E33 mobo is listed as "no longer available" and not just out of stock. :(

I actually live inside a Microcenter, stowed away in the basement, living off excess food found in the break room garbage. So..

Back