Intel Q6600 + ECS board $198.99 AR @ Frys BLACK FRIDAY

I'm not sure where you get your information from, but almost all combo deals from fry's are with retail processors (at least every one that I know of). The fact that it shows a retail box in the ad should be additional proof that the combo is indeed for a retail Q6600.
QFT.

The oem CPU combos are the rare ones for the last year or two.

It says in the bottom left corner that this is only in the stores within the area where that particular newspaper is delivered. I just called the number listed on their website and they said that each store has it's own BF sales and that the sales on the website can also differ from those of the stores.

That being said, it is possible that other stores will have the same or similar deals, but I don't know what the chances of that are.

If there's anyone tha'd be willing to pick this up and ship it to me, LMK via PM, cause that is hot.

if this is not available online; is there anyone willing to hook any of us up and pick one up for us:D? lmk if there is anyone kind enough to do this for me. thanks
Good luck. I'm not sure I want to wait in the long line at the components counter to even get just one. Maybe I should buy the combo tonight and price match it Friday. :D

ECS isn't a good brand. I'm stuck with my motherboard because I'm waiting for my interview. Until then I'm stuck with it.

ECS isn't a good brand. I'm stuck with my motherboard because I'm waiting for my interview. Until then I'm stuck with it.
I <3 ECS boards. They just need special attention to overclock and are pretty good deals after that. I do get rid of some that come in combos, but I also have kept several.

If you don't want the board you can just dump it for $20-$30 anyways. I don't see many other sites offering retail Q6600s for $170-$180.

Just recently I stepped into my frys and asked to check out a Q6600 and it was SLACR so I'm guessing it was G0 . If this is true I will leave after thanksgiving dinner is up :)

Most frys will have this same deal though.

And I'm here in ATL for Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll go.

What's a good time to get in line I guess?

I tried to get the Q6600 combo earlier tonight but it wasn't in the system yet. :(

Good luck. I'm not sure I want to wait in the long line at the components counter to even get just one. Maybe I should buy the combo tonight and price match it Friday. :D

I know its just wishful thinking. need to find out if they will post this deal online. I seriously doubt it. wish I had a fys near by. think the closest one is over a thousand miles away, lol.

If the Picture in the ad shows a retail box, then it is coming with a retail processor.
If it doesnt show the picture the it is a oem cpu.

I have bought over 50 combos in my lifetime at fry's

Damn I am thinking it wont be that serious! I mean the ad in itself is lackluster....most will be looking for TV, Gaming Console and PC deals me thinks. I am thinking just getting there around 5 should be sufficient. Otherwise I rather buy it someplace else because camping in the cold for a few house is more than 50 dollars worth of my time when the mobo will get tossed to the side anyways.

In the Bay Area they are opening at 5AM. There's actually 3 pages to the black friday sale that includes other items (TV, Home Electronics, Music, Consoles).

This year may be different, and don't really want to discourage as I only had 1 sampling, but when I showed up 3+ hours early the place was already mobbed. Could be 300-400+ people all got there 30 minutes earlier, but I doubt that was the case.

Could be possible the mob will be broken up since several stores are also opening up early. Who knows.

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?adid=5387875&advid=32664&type=

I work at office depot and we get people starting to line up around 4am. That's freaking office depot. Fry's has them WAY earlier than that.

I like the guy that said he's going after thanksgiving dinner is up :)

Any of you guys have concealed carry licenses and don't regularly carry, it'd be a good time to do so. Last year there was one news story (that I know of) of two guys coming up to a line of people waiting outside a store with a shotgun and holding them up. It was with the upcoming release of the PS3, and they knew people in line were probly stacked with cash. And people wonder why I carry :rolleyes:

Be safe everyone! :D

I know this much... cheap quad core or not, you couldnt PAY ME to go fight the crowds at a Frys on black Friday.

For real.

If you think 2-3 AM is early enough, clearly this is your first Black Friday.

I get there at 8 PM the latest every year.

Oh and, the ECS motherboards are crap, but no worries, even at $198, at least processor is a steal. I'll just sell the board to someone.

Note: You cannot return the board itself back to Fry's. Since it was sold as a combo deal, they will only except both the processor and mobo for credit.

If you think 2-3 AM is early enough, clearly this is your first Black Friday.

I get there at 8 PM the latest every year.

Oh and, the ECS motherboards are crap, but no worries, even at $198, at least processor is a steal. I'll just sell the board to someone.

Note: You cannot return the board itself back to Fry's. Since it was sold as a combo deal, they will only except both the processor and mobo for credit.

That board is not crap at all, I had one for a few weeks to do some testing with and had zero issues.

Typical internet forum response... "I have been told by other people I do not know in real life that all things ECS suck, so in turn, to make sure people feel I am cool and loaded with knowledge, I will also complain that ECS products suck."

The only complaint anyone could state about this board is that it does not overclock well, past that it's every bit as stable and fast as any other current Intel based motherboard.

Buy with confidence.

I don't give a crap about the board . I just want the processor badly. The board will be a build for a future build for my family.

I run 2 ECS boards. Both from Fry's combos. :) They aren't [H], but they work just fine in my 2 HTPCs.

-bZj

Typical internet forum response... "I have been told by other people I do not know in real life that all things ECS suck, so in turn, to make sure people feel I am cool and loaded with knowledge, I will also complain that ECS products suck."

That post makes you a dick - plain and simple.

Oh and the 671T-M *IS* crap. It's a shitty SIS board that ECS was stupid enough to setup so that it would only run the DDR2 in single channel configuration. Add to that no 1333FSB support and you've got a real winner. It's no wonder Fry's has featured this board in every LGA775 combo that they can dream up for the past 6 months - they've got loads of inventory to push on us. I'm ashamed to be running one, quite frankly.

The only complaint anyone could state about this board is that it does not overclock well, past that it's every bit as stable and fast as any other current Intel based motherboard.

Buy with confidence.

Nope. See above. The board is notably slower than any other LGA775 board - intel chipset or otherwise.

With that being said a Q6600 for under $200 is still a steal, buy it and sell the mobo to some poor ebay fool - or better yet set it on fire and take pictures for us.

That post makes you a dick - plain and simple.

Oh and the 671T-M *IS* crap. It's a shitty SIS board that ECS was stupid enough to setup so that it would only run the DDR2 in single channel configuration. Add to that no 1333FSB support and you've got a real winner. It's no wonder Fry's has featured this board in every LGA775 combo that they can dream up for the past 6 months - they've got loads of inventory to push on us. I'm ashamed to be running one, quite frankly.

Nope. See above. The board is notably slower than any other LGA775 board - intel chipset or otherwise.

With that being said a Q6600 for under $200 is still a steal, buy it and sell the mobo to some poor ebay fool - or better yet set it on fire and take pictures for us.

Say what you will, and call me a dick all you want, but I stand by my statement 100%.

That board is not crap at all, I had one for a few weeks to do some testing with and had zero issues.

Buy with confidence.

yea. they arnt bad.

I visit Fontana every year for Thanksgiving; about 45 mins-an hour away from city of industry store... considering I would leave around 2-3am I'm not too sure it's worth it :( Wish I was @ home where Fry's is really close.

I'm still deciding if a trip to Fry's to attempt to get will be worth it... there really aren't any other deals from them that I'm interested with, so, we'll see... a Q6600 at that price is very tempting though :p.

concord, ca add has it for $198, did you see the MB does not support DD2 800 !! WTF

It's not in the houston ad.

Yes it is. Fry's has two different ads in the houston paper. One is in the back of the sports section, and the other one is in the back of the business section. The mb/q6600 is in the back of the Business section...

Just to clarify some things. It is a retail box processor. Pretty much only the AMD bundles are OEM. From what I've seen, it is about half and half when it comes to G0/B3 stepping, so if you care about it (and being on this forum, I presume you would), just ask the sales person that rings it up for you to tell the people in the cage to give you whichever stepping you would prefer. Also, the title states that it is $199 after rebate, well, there isn't any...you'll be paying $199 at the registers for it. One final note, I would advise you to leave early. Fry's has the longest lines of campers of any retail store. The first ones arrived at the Plano store (where I'll be) 22 hours ago. Line wrapped around the side of the store and half-way around the back last year.

Yes it is. Fry's has two different ads in the houston paper. One is in the back of the sports section, and the other one is in the back of the business section. The mb/q6600 is in the back of the Business section...

I just looked, and you're right, but I don't understand why they'd do that.

Back