Intel Q6600 + ECS board $198.99 AR @ Frys BLACK FRIDAY

kyang357

2[H]4U
Frys will have the Q6600 plus ECS board on Black Friday for $198.99 after rebate. HOT DEAL!

May be a dumb question, but is it a boxed/retail processor? (I realize the pic shows a box :D)

Is this online too? There isn't a frys in like 1000 miles of me lol

Is that an instant rebate or a mail in rebate? Can't see the fine print.

Chances are that it will NOT be the boxed product, as most Fry's combo deals rarely are - at least they're not supposed to be. But on occasion people get to the store(s) and suddenly they're handed the boxed retail processor with that cheap mobo along with it.

I can't say for sure what's going to happen with this deal (I spotted it earlier this morning) but it doesn't matter: I ain't waitin' in no damned BF line to get one. I'll pay the additional cost for the regular boxed thing with the mobo during their normal sales.

If you think Black Friday itself can be a nightmare, a Black Friday sale at a real B&M Fry's... my god, there simply is no word in any human language to describe the experience. :p

I'm not sure where you get your information from, but almost all combo deals from fry's are with retail processors (at least every one that I know of). The fact that it shows a retail box in the ad should be additional proof that the combo is indeed for a retail Q6600.

Is it g0? My friend is wanting to get a q6600 and I might show him this if it is.

I'm not sure where you get your information from, but almost all combo deals from fry's are with retail processors (at least every one that I know of). The fact that it shows a retail box in the ad should be additional proof that the combo is indeed for a retail Q6600.

My information comes from:

Buying an E6600 + ECS board last year from Fry's = OEM processor, had to buy a heatsink, and I was the first person in the door the morning they had the sale, first person to buy one.

Buying an E4300 + ECS board earlier this year from Fry's = OEM processor, had to buy a heatsink, and I was the 3rd person in the door the morning they had the sale, first person to buy one though (the other 2 people ahead of me were a couple looking for a big screen TV)

Buying another E4300 + ECS board, same situation, OEM, had to buy the HSF afterwards

Buying an E6300 + ECS board, same situation

Buying an E6850 + ECS board just last week for a customer, same situation.

Never seen anyone here in Las Vegas get a boxed retail Intel processor with the combo deals.

So that's my experience. Yours?

Fry's in SD had a retail box cpu with intel microatx mb for 489 a couple weeks ago. I bought a box cpu in the SD store and it was a g0 stepping SLACR code. I ended up buying it off newegg for cheaper as they had a better deal on a MB and PSU too.

My information comes from:

Buying an E6600 + ECS board last year from Fry's = OEM processor, had to buy a heatsink, and I was the first person in the door the morning they had the sale, first person to buy one.

Buying an E4300 + ECS board earlier this year from Fry's = OEM processor, had to buy a heatsink, and I was the 3rd person in the door the morning they had the sale, first person to buy one though (the other 2 people ahead of me were a couple looking for a big screen TV)

Buying another E4300 + ECS board, same situation, OEM, had to buy the HSF afterwards

Buying an E6300 + ECS board, same situation

Buying an E6850 + ECS board just last week for a customer, same situation.

Never seen anyone here in Las Vegas get a boxed retail Intel processor with the combo deals.

So that's my experience. Yours?

(8+) Mine in the SF Bay area, has been the exact opposite. Unless it says OEM, more likely than not it's retail. Most recent was the E6750+ECS G33 MATX, retail box.
Maybe something with Vegas and the store manager trying to spin sales of the heatsink

However I must warn you guys that if you want that deal you better get there pretty darn early, if not tomorrow evening. 2 years ago I purchased some components the day before thanksgiving and realized I got a stick of bad ram after the store closed. Trying to beat the rush I decided to get up early, return the product, and maybe catch a deal.
I think I left at 4AM that morning (opening at 9AM) and the line was already wrapped around the Building and moving through the parking lot. Easily 300+400+ people. I gave up on the catching a deal and asked an employee if I could wait in a seperate line so I could quickly return my product and get out of there:eek:
So good luck.

Down here in GA......all of their CPU and mobo combo deals came without a boxed processor. The processor itself was just in a plastic case, but the mobo was retail boxed.

They charge you 15 dollars extra I believe for the intel heatsink.

BTW, where did you find the ad? I need to take a look at the fry's ad for GA.

CM Gemini is $0 AR at Newegg. Beats the $15 Intel stock one lol.

Down here in GA......all of their CPU and mobo combo deals came without a boxed processor. The processor itself was just in a plastic case, but the mobo was retail boxed.

They charge you 15 dollars extra I believe for the intel heatsink.

BTW, where did you find the ad? I need to take a look at the fry's ad for GA.

thats not 100% true but ok

the ad is @ bfads.net

And my experience with these deals is from buying several combo's throughout the past several years from them, and having a ton of heatsinks I don't want lying around.

go to bfads.net, click on the adscan button and look there, they don't have it itemized yet apparently.

I bought this same combo with motherboard a month ago for $268. And yes, the Q6600 is a retail box combo and not an OEM. Frys must disclose in the print ad if its OEM.

ive gotten combos from frys that had oem-cpus

not 100% doesnt mean hes lying :D

So how much is it before rebate? $320 something like the ad says?

No, its before savings. No MIR involved. The price they posted is what you pay in store. Meaning you get it for under $200 no rebate hassles.

all the combos I've gotten from Fry's were Retail with HSF. As for this deal, it looks pretty awesome, but not awesome enough to deal with all that everyone is talking about. (The mobo is not even worth selling, no one wants it.) $40 more is okay to spend to avoid all this time. time is money :\

hothothot, may have to get it myself and sell off the E6750 (much <3 to you, but more cores is better cores!)

Someone, anyone, is the current Q6600 a Penryn? Sorry, been out of the game for while and since i just bought 4GB of ram I might as well buy a matching CPU.

NVM: Not yet, but still a great deal. I'll pick one up so i can donate my E6600 to a friend.

Damnit, and it'll prob be G0, too! If I hadn't laid down cash for a X3210 months ago, I'd be all over this.
Chances are that it will NOT be the boxed product, as most Fry's combo deals rarely are - at least they're not supposed to be. But on occasion people get to the store(s) and suddenly they're handed the boxed retail processor with that cheap mobo along with it.

I can't say for sure what's going to happen with this deal (I spotted it earlier this morning) but it doesn't matter: I ain't waitin' in no damned BF line to get one. I'll pay the additional cost for the regular boxed thing with the mobo during their normal sales.

If you think Black Friday itself can be a nightmare, a Black Friday sale at a real B&M Fry's... my god, there simply is no word in any human language to describe the experience. :p
2 of the 3 combo's I've bought recently from Fry's have been Boxed CPUs.

-bZj

Of course this is the only Black Friday deal Ive seen thats good this year and Im in another state for Thanksgiving that doesnt have a Fry's.

Quadcore + mobo = $175 and you guys are bickering about what core it is, shit who cares it's a great deal either way.

if this is not available online; is there anyone willing to hook any of us up and pick one up for us:D? lmk if there is anyone kind enough to do this for me. thanks

If you mean $259, then still: yes. ;)Aren't all Quads Kentsfields?

-bZj

thats funny, as soon as the Newegg Webmaster posted that in the Hot Deals section i PM'ed him to let him know about this deal, mentioned that the 9500 by itself being slower than the Q6600 with mobo for less money making that a not hot deal, and within a couple hours the price dropped from 289 to 259

LOL:D

at least Newegg is listening and acting, assuming that this was a direct result of the PM of course....;)

Back