Intel produces another generation of space heaters

So far all we've seen are leaks and rumors. That single-thread performance probably is really good though. My guess is that when the real reviews appear in 2 weeks or so, it's going to be a fairly even match on productivity applications but a blood bath in gaming for 12900K vs 5950X. For the lower SKUs, I think it's going to be a win for Intel across the board.
12600K will be gaming king at its pricepoint. But then that's as you'd expect for a new gen CPU. I'm sure AMD will leapfrog similarly on the next round.

Looking forward to 12900K build November 4. But my 5900X won't be going anywhere.

As long as they can keep it cool enough to maintain reliability, most people just don't care.

I had a Phenom X4 triple Crossfire system that warped the paint on my wall and melted the carpet. Sure, at the time, I didn't care, but I do now.

We can all learn lessons.

330 watts through a little f***g thing is still impressive. And it can hold a steady clock, compute, do stuff reliably.
1,385V, so 200+ amps.
It's not trivial finding a single transistor that can pull that off without crapping itself.

Saw another leak today, this time at 5.3GHz / 1.44V. 400 watts in AIDA FPU and 300 watts in CPU-Z stress test was reported. Thermal shutdown occurred with the 400W load on chilled water. On the other hand, the same chip was reported to only pull 220 watts at 4.9GHz. These are still just engineering samples, so retail chips might do a bit better.

https://wccftech.com/intel-core-i9-...400w-power-consumption-in-aida64-stress-test/

If you're lucky enough to have electricity, were in for another one of Biden's "Dark Winters".
Not exactly sure what you mean, but think of this way, frozen dead people do not contribute to global climate change. So, maybe it's a win? (dark humor folks, hopefully received that way)

Not exactly sure what you mean, but think of this way, frozen dead people do not contribute to global climate change. So, maybe it's a win? (dark humor folks, hopefully received that way)

He's saying he's an incel

Saw another leak today, this time at 5.3GHz / 1.44V. 400 watts in AIDA FPU and 300 watts in CPU-Z stress test was reported. Thermal shutdown occurred with the 400W load on chilled water. On the other hand, the same chip was reported to only pull 220 watts at 4.9GHz. These are still just engineering samples, so retail chips might do a bit better.

https://wccftech.com/intel-core-i9-...400w-power-consumption-in-aida64-stress-test/
is this one an ES? CPU-Z usually mark it ES right? photo looks to have retail markings not the usual Q codes for ES/QS.

Attachments

• 20211021_134313.jpg
    20211021_134313.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 0
If you're lucky enough to have electricity, were in for another one of Biden's "Dark Winters".
If your solar system isn't grid tied and you overprovision it enough to work in the Winter or get tilting mounts and some batteries one could keep that space heater running for quite a while. If you have trees and live in a stormy place you might want to do ground mount panels instead in a nice clearing. This way you can not get them destroyed by falling trees and require a really nasty derecho, supercell, microburst, or a decent tornado to dislodge. It's also nice to do all this away from roads to minimize odds of vehicle wrecks impacting your ground mount system. If you can get away with HESCOs and things like them that helps too. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back