Intel P67/H67 Bug - Faulty Chipset

DrCoolZic

n00b
I guess that by now most of the people are aware that the P67/H67 chipset have a bug:
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-032263.htm
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4142/intel-discovers-bug-in-6series-chipset-begins-recall
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/31/intel-finds-sandy-bridge-chipset-design-flaw-shipments-stopped/
It seems that most serious vendors have already stopped to sell all the 1155 boards (this is the case of my vendor in France).

I have bought an Asus P8P67 board and I would like to know if ASUS is putting a plan in place to exchange the boards ? Will this procedure be handled by the reseller or should we contact the closest Asus center ?
Thanks

There are about 10 threads on this already. No one yet knows how it is going to be handled, and with Chinese New Year, it might be another week or so until it is all fleshed out. Just hang tight for now.

Here in germany a bunch of stores are still selling their existing stock, I'm checking the couple of stores I frequently order from to see which one took down their listings and which ones are still selling, the later ones I wont order from again.

Happy Chinese New Year!

There are about 10 threads on this already. No one yet knows how it is going to be handled, and with Chinese New Year, it might be another week or so until it is all fleshed out. Just hang tight for now.

The problem is that we are all of us under 1 month from the date of purchase (nothing shipped before the 10-15 of january) and the question is:
- should we return the board as defective or wait for Asus to setup a plan for exchange. If we return it now the vendor should accept it but we will be without a board where to sit our Sandy-Bridge for another 2 months.
- or keep it and wait for Asus to be ready for the exchange it. But what will be the conditions? Will they ship a new board first or wait for the bad board to be returned before sending a corrected one? Will they accept a paying upgrade allowing us to take a board with Z68 chipset?

Time is running out to take a decision !

The problem is that we are all of us under 1 month from the date of purchase (nothing shipped before the 10-15 of january) and the question is:
- should we return the board as defective or wait for Asus to setup a plan for exchange. If we return it now the vendor should accept it but we will be without a board where to sit our Sandy-Bridge for another 2 months.
- or keep it and wait for Asus to be ready for the exchange it. But what will be the conditions? Will they ship a new board first or wait for the bad board to be returned before sending a corrected one? Will they accept a paying upgrade allowing us to take a board with Z68 chipset?

Time is running out to take a decision !

Newegg has already said that they will extend the return period to cover when new boards are available, and Amazon indicated (though not definitively) that they would also. Plus Asus has said they will offer returns/refunds - so my advice would be to keep using the board, and wait until replacements are available to worry about it.

Newegg has already said that they will extend the return period to cover when new boards are available, and Amazon indicated (though not definitively) that they would also. Plus Asus has said they will offer returns/refunds - so my advice would be to keep using the board, and wait until replacements are available to worry about it.
Looks like my vendor in France Materiel.net will do the same, but details are not yet sorted out :)
After a hard time to get the system working with the latest version of bios and drivers it is finally fully functional :rolleyes:

Back