[Intel P55] Asus Maximus III Gene

m3g & giga p55m ud4 available in france for 195€ (195$] & 150€ each

bclk@225 (i750) 222 (i870) for the 1st& bclk@211 (i750)for the second one...

m3g & giga p55m ud4 available in france for 195€ (195$] & 150€ each

bclk@225 (i750) 222 (i870) for the 1st& bclk@211 (i750)for the second one...

I was wondering where you had gone. I take it that you don't own any of these or we would have got a pic with Darth Vador... UD4 a tad expensive (a bit cheaper in Sweden, which is kinda surprising). You not interested in Lynnfield? Waiting for 32nm CPUs?

that's it...
i don't see an huge performance of the p55 over the s775 socket for my personal use...

Tu n'as pas tord ....44 ans! :)

Oh la vache t'es plus vieux que moi (37 ans)!

(back in english so that everyone can participate)
Joke aside, I didn't think it was ever about pure performance: I thought it was about testing the limits of new/improved hardware...

^^Is this in French?

(Yo hablo espanol un poco).

Though, seriously, that is one awesome board!

This board looks perfect. Will pick one up eventually to go with the Mini P180 and Corsair H50 I ordered.

Wow ! I'm dying to get hold of one. It's still not in in Singapore yet !

Have all components ready (including a Sapphire 5870 and G.Skill Ripjaws) just waiting for this damn mobo to arrive ! :mad:

I think I'll be ordering this from eWiz when I get home. ~$176 after promo code and BCB. Anyone use it yet? I can not find any reviews.

I got this board a few weeks ago and I love it. My Red v351 should be here next week. Cant wait. Anyones get this board?

Considering the Maximus III GENE or Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 for a new mATX build.

With the Maximus III GENE, can I put my GTX465 in the top most PCIe 16x slot, then an Asus U3S6 (USB3.0 + SATA3 PCIe 4x card) in the PCIe 4x slot and finally a Hauppauge HVR-2250 PCIe TV-tuner 1x card in the bottom PCIe 16x slot?

Will this configuration work?

Considering the Maximus III GENE or Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 for a new mATX build.

With the Maximus III GENE, can I put my GTX465 in the top most PCIe 16x slot, then an Asus U3S6 (USB3.0 + SATA3 PCIe 4x card) in the PCIe 4x slot and finally a Hauppauge HVR-2250 PCIe TV-tuner 1x card in the bottom PCIe 16x slot?

Will this configuration work?

Isn't the 465 dual slot? You wouldn't even be able to use all the pci-e slots.

This is how the Maximus III GENE's slots are arranged:

[] Processor
------------ PCIe 16x
------ PCIe 4x
------------ PCIe 16x
--------- PCI

I want the GTX465 in the PCIe 16x slot next to the PCI slot. The Asus U3S6 in the PCIe 4x slot and the TV-tuner in the PCIe 16x slot closest to the processor.

Anyone that actually has this board know if this configuration will work?

Pretty sure it will work. You should note, however, that the second PCIe 16x slot only works at 8x speed. I doubt you will see any difference on a GTX465 though...

Ok, so if I do this:

Code:
[] Processor
------------ PCIe 16x   -> PCIe 1x TV tuner card
------ PCIe 4x          -> PCIe 1x USB3.0 card
------------ PCIe 16x   -> GTX465
--------- PCI

It will work, but both PCIe 16x slots will be running at 8x ?

Is anyone having any issues with 4x2gb DDR3-1600 on this board? I can do XMP and memup with a pair of sticks but I can't even boot at 1333 with four. I think I have one bad one but they all pass in memtest.

Back