rog2.jpg
new_corei5.gif
new_corei7.gif
ati_crossfireX.gif
SLI.jpg
ddr3-2133oc.gif
EAX4.gif

expreview said:
The Taiwan-based motherboard manufacturer Asus is said to be working on a new P55 motherboard, Maximus III Gene, according to Lab501.
The board is shipping with 10-phase PWM design, four DDR3 dual-channel memory slots, two PCIe x16 slots, one PCIe x4 & PCI slot, and comes bundled with X-Fi SupremeFX sound card.
Asus Maximus III Gene motherboard is expected to start selling at the end of this month, but the pricing has yet to be confirmed.

HomePage

Last edited:
Nice. I'll hold off on the Maximus II then. I REALLY like the red and black, too. Might have to put a window in the red v351.

-HD

I'm guessing the price will be just a tad bit cheaper than the top of the line P55 boards. Maybe $200 - $220?

Nice. I'll hold off on the Maximus II then. I REALLY like the red and black, too. Might have to put a window in the red v351.

-HD

Yeah, it is a nice looking color scheme. I normally don't think much of mobo colors but this one is kinda eye catchy isnt it? :)

I don't get it. Can somebody explain why this board was named the maximus III while the 775 was named the maximus II, but the 1366 board was the rampage II?

Befuddlement over names aside, it looks to be a very slick board.

I don't get it. Can somebody explain why this board was named the maximus III while the 775 was named the maximus II, but the 1366 board was the rampage II?

Befuddlement over names aside, it looks to be a very slick board.

I guess Rampage designates the Intel X series (X48, X58), while the name Maximus is for the P series (P45, P55).

Im finally going to upgrade my computer once this comes out. Havent done a new cpu socket upgrade in a long time. :)

A nice comparison product to the Rampage II Gene for the i5 instead of the i7. I've been consistently happy with Asus' RoG product line.

I guess Rampage designates the Intel X series (X48, X58), while the name Maximus is for the P series (P45, P55).

Cool, I'll accept that :D Seems too obvious now.

Shame they didn't use this color scheme for the Rampage II GENE

Last edited:
Supposed to be some new mobo's (atx & matx)coming out after Labor Day so maybe then? New stuff releasing in September. That's the rumors anyway.:)

Let's see if they even release this board in the U.S. So far they haven't released the p45 Rampage board.

ASUS today added the Maximus III Formula and Maximus III GENE to its Republic of Gamers (ROG) lineup of high performance motherboards. Based on Intel's P55 chipset and purpose-designed for gaming, both motherboards are equipped with a wealth of exclusive gamer-centric features that effect improvements across all facets of the user's gaming and overclocking experience—from improved in-game response and reduced Internet latency, to convenient hardware-based, real-time tweaking. The ATX Maximus III Formula is targeted at PC enthusiasts, hardcore gamers and early adopters who crave leading-edge specifications, enhanced extensibility, and the cool factor, while the mATX Maximus III GENE is designed for case modders and budget-conscious gamers who prefer smaller—yet still power-packed—machines.

96a.jpg

96b.jpg

Link

HomePage Asus

Provantage has this for $250. Screw that.
I was really excited for this board, I was thinking 200 would be max. How dumb. Might as well get i7 and the msi matx board for full x16 lanes. And be cheaper with a used i7 920. Sheesh.

Am I the only one that can't taste the 1156 Koolaid?

Pretty bland to me. But I don't think this is the right place to be discussing why i5 sucks [in our opinions].

I'm personally stalling any upgrades til 32nm, maybe 22nm. Can't wait til when computers act as air conditioners than space heaters :)

If that is true, I will be very happy. Still, at that price a i7 920 looks kinda good.
I want some reviews with the i5 750.

Nobody panics: the $250 price tag is just ridiculous. They are just attempting to squeeze the early adopters. Based on the prices in Europe, it should be less than $200.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=1068209

(And that's with 15% sales tax and the usual rip-off-Europe/Britain tax)

Would still make it more than an i7 set up. i7 920 + MSI X58M costs less than an i5/i7 + this board. <--- that is just ridiculous.

Shit I hadn't noticed the x4 PCIE on the MSI.
Anyway the M3G is way too expensive, I agree. How much better can it be than, for example, a Gigabyte P55M-UD4 that's already on sale for $150 (maybe even less).

Shit I hadn't noticed the x4 PCIE on the MSI.
Anyway the M3G is way too expensive, I agree. How much better can it be than, for example, a Gigabyte P55M-UD4 that's already on sale for $150 (maybe even less).

A billgillion times better in the eyes of its beholders :)

Bad considering when i bought my REII gene new, it was cheaper. Dig the color scheme though. ;)

I really liked the layout and color scheme also, still dreaming if newegg is gonna get it and price it low!?
I dream to big though.

Back