Intel Opening New Chip Plant in Arizona

HardOCP News

[H] News
Intel has announced that it is opening a brand new $3 billion facility in Arizona. The new facility will be Intel's first plant dedicated to making 45nm processors.

In the latest display of its manufacturing might, Intel Corp. is opening a new $3 billion factory in Arizona, widening its lead over rival Advanced Micro Devices Inc. in the industry's switch to a new chip-making technique.

This is great for Arizona, they are already crawling in IT jobs. Good to see some production ending up in the US here.

Three cheers for poor dollar performance bringing manufacturing back to the U.S!

I live in Phoenix-is this already built and just doing the whole grand opening thing or is it completely new? I'm thinking this one was already built..just being announced now?

Here's to hoping they don't hire the unlimited supply of uneducated illegal immigrants that would fuck it all up!

Intel contacted me when I was still on Active Duty via Monster about me working in the Fab-from what was explained to me it's like a 2-3 day interview/eval. Too bad I still had 1 year left on my commitment. I think that would have been an interesting job.

I'm in Phoenix, and this is a great thing. Especially since a few of one of my best friend's relatives work at Intel.

and I can go try to get some "free samples" :shiftyeyes:

I'm in Phoenix, and this is a great thing. Especially since a few of one of my best friend's relatives work at Intel.

and I can go try to get some "free samples" :shiftyeyes:
Dude....send me a PM. I'll be a distraction...or something....lol.

Back