Intel motherboard raid enabled for hard drives, will my ssd still use trim

mjz_5

2[H]4U
I have my os drive on an intel g2 ssd. And I want to setup 2 western digital drives as raid 0. Will having my hard drives in an raid array (intel matrix drivers have to be installed) disable my trim on the ssd? Will I still be able to use intel ssd tools to optimize my ssd?

Thanks,
Mario

I have my os drive on an intel g2 ssd. And I want to setup 2 western digital drives as raid 0. Will having my hard drives in an raid array (intel matrix drivers have to be installed) disable my trim on the ssd? Will I still be able to use intel ssd tools to optimize my ssd?

Thanks,
Mario

You will need the successor to the Matrix Storage Manager, Intel's Rapid Storage Technology, in order to enable TRIM on a single SSD that's connected to the same Intel ICH controller that's been set to RAID. Intel's Matrix Storage manager is now obsolete: It does not support TRIM at all on ICH controllers that have been set to RAID mode (the SATA mode must be set to AHCI and not IDE or RAID in order to enable TRIM support with these now-obsolete drivers).

Oo okay. I'll install the newest raid drivers

I guess I can just used my marvel sata3 port and not have to worry because that's set to achi.

Thanks

Back