Intel Markets Core i5-9600KF 6 Core CPU As Better Than AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

Mega6

2[H]4U
wccf beats on shady intel marketing

'Intel isn't in the very best market position as of right now, their processors have been crushed in every segment and are losing significant market share to the point where even Intel's CEO doesn't want to focus on keeping a higher market share going forward. There's a lot that went wrong with Intel, from 14nm production issues to security vulnerabilities to completely being crushed in perf per dollar against AMD's Ryzen lineup and yet not trying to be competitive at all. Even the recent 10th Gen X-series launch had just 6 hours of fame after which it was entirely eclipsed by the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3rd Gen launch, so much so that Intel's ex-engineer, Francois Piednoel went ahead to call it the dumbest launch in the history of Intel."

Intel are winning the fake marketing wars. Time for a precedent setting FTC delict award. I think the judicial system needs to empty the couphers a bit. It is now beyond the point of pathetic

Intel's chips still win in gaming by like 2-3% so maybe that's what they're getting at?

Naw they went with the "real world performance" test that they invented that takes out any meaningful processor intensive task out of the picture and leaves single core programs that react slightly better to their processors when overclocked to 5GHz.

Yes they argue that productivity is all about how fast chrome is in those saved ms and the like but any meaningful cpu task ohh no that's not productive you silly goose! :rolleyes:

Desperate times call for desperate measures. They're trying to implode.

Looks like I'll get 1.5-2 years with my 2080Ti before it's outdated. Longer product cycles is going to be the norm going forward hence the inflated price for the top card. Still, you have to buy these things at launch if you want "value". No way I would consider a 2080Ti at this point if money were an object.

Intel has become the CNN of tech.

Or Fox News, depending on what you worship

This is totally surprising coming from a company that designed their chips around security shortcuts to juice performance, mislead consumers, strong-arm motherboard manufacturers and has engaged, generally, in anti-competitive practices for decades.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

How has Intel strong-armed motherboards? They arm wrestle them? I know they like having new motherboards for every major release.

Shit like this.... I bet the real reason Kyle left is because he couldn't take the constant bile coming up in his throat when he saw what was going on behind the blue curtain....

Shit like this.... I bet the real reason Kyle left is because he couldn't take the constant bile coming up in his throat when he saw what was going on behind the blue curtain....

Intel is a very large company... the frustrating thing about Intel seems to be that they do have a lot of very talented people. What they seem to be lacking and its been true for a long time is real leadership that cares for anything but the share holders. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for some of those people that are talented and truly mean well to see the company take 2 steps back every time they take one forward for the company.

I imagine Kyle wasn't there long enough to experience that personalty. I can understand why he took the job though. Secure, nice pay... and a lot of great people that haven't been ground down quite yet. It would be interesting to talk to some of those years long Intel employees that do seem to be decent people... makes you wonder if they are just good at justifying Intels bad choices, or if the nature of having a nice cozy bill paying secure job was enough.

I have worked at plenty of non tech places over the years where people overlooked downright illegal activity by the higher ups. For some people a nice secure low 6 figure job is enough to overlook some actual evil shit. So a bit of untrue marketing.... people have overlooked far worse for a lot less then a Intel pay check I guess. lol

And all it takes is AMD fanboi's to create a mountain out of a molehill.... Just buy whatever the f*** you want to buy, be it Intel or AMD or whatever! If you use an iPhone, so fricking what if someone else uses Android of what they want to use. If someone buys AMD or Intel it shouldn't make the slightest piss of difference to anybody else. Who gives a rats arse if AMD is cheaper. A fricking Nissan GTR is cheaper than a Ferrari with similar performance, but people still buy Ferrari's... You don't see people on forums other than GTR owners clubs ridiculing somebody because they bought something that cost more for 1-2% less performance or fuel consumption. No wonder every person outside of the tech world looks at PC users or Gamers in general as being basement dwelling, living at home with Mommy nerds when just because Intel claim something that is true but is only a tiny percentage all hell breaks lose, yet if by any chance Intel do the same, the same fanboi's are crying in their Fruit Loops that Mommy prepared for them....

Jesus H Christ on a Cross, get fricking lives & just use what you want use or can afford to...

Reactions: Auer
like this
ROFL...

Criticism of Intel = AMD fanboy. I think we know who the real fanboys are.

Had both in my systems, current is Ryzen, last three were Intel. It's not wrong to call people out when they are promoting disinformation. Much as AMD was castigated at their last GPU launches for overpromising and under delivering (i.e. promoting disinformation).

ROFL...

Much as AMD was castigated at their last GPU launches for overpromising and under delivering (i.e. promoting disinformation).

that was mostly Raja shooting his mouth off, much as he’s doing now for some other company.

Intel is a very large company... the frustrating thing about Intel seems to be that they do have a lot of very talented people. What they seem to be lacking and its been true for a long time is real leadership that cares for anything but the share holders. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for some of those people that are talented and truly mean well to see the company take 2 steps back every time they take one forward for the company.

I imagine Kyle wasn't there long enough to experience that personalty. I can understand why he took the job though. Secure, nice pay... and a lot of great people that haven't been ground down quite yet. It would be interesting to talk to some of those years long Intel employees that do seem to be decent people... makes you wonder if they are just good at justifying Intels bad choices, or if the nature of having a nice cozy bill paying secure job was enough.

I have worked at plenty of non tech places over the years where people overlooked downright illegal activity by the higher ups. For some people a nice secure low 6 figure job is enough to overlook some actual evil shit. So a bit of untrue marketing.... people have overlooked far worse for a lot less then a Intel pay check I guess. lol

Since I work for a rather large, and currently troubled, industrial company (not intel...) I can relate. When the VPs and senior managers screw up and go to jail, the employees get punished with bogus "ethics pledges" which is a "sign or else" exercise. And fighting the constant pressure from non-technical management over technical employees is draining.

And all it takes is AMD fanboi's to create a mountain out of a molehill.... Just buy whatever the f*** you want to buy, be it Intel or AMD or whatever! If you use an iPhone, so fricking what if someone else uses Android of what they want to use. If someone buys AMD or Intel it shouldn't make the slightest piss of difference to anybody else. Who gives a rats arse if AMD is cheaper. A fricking Nissan GTR is cheaper than a Ferrari with similar performance, but people still buy Ferrari's... You don't see people on forums other than GTR owners clubs ridiculing somebody because they bought something that cost more for 1-2% less performance or fuel consumption. No wonder every person outside of the tech world looks at PC users or Gamers in general as being basement dwelling, living at home with Mommy nerds when just because Intel claim something that is true but is only a tiny percentage all hell breaks lose, yet if by any chance Intel do the same, the same fanboi's are crying in their Fruit Loops that Mommy prepared for them....

wtf, conflate much? I think people are just interested in hardware as a hobby(HaaH?). When you spend 1.5K+ on a rig you wanna shop around, get the best bang for your buck, consider longevity. Don't blame amd fans, intel fucked up bad when it comes to security and they've done some pretty unscrupulous shit to cover it up and propagandize the market on its multicore chips. Whether you're for amd or intel I think you'd want to know about it.

Last edited:

Jesus H Christ on a Cross, get fricking lives & just use what you want use or can afford to...
I read this internally with a crying child’s voice.

It made it superb.

Since I work for a rather large, and currently troubled, industrial company (not intel...) I can relate. When the VPs and senior managers screw up and go to jail, the employees get punished with bogus "ethics pledges" which is a "sign or else" exercise. And fighting the constant pressure from non-technical management over technical employees is draining.

I once refused to screw with a handful of low level employees on purpose to get them to suck up drops in hours / benefits... and as my boss at the time said hey if a few quit all the better. My reward... a promotion the following month to head a failing branch (stupid younger me actual believed the... that branch needs an ethical leader they have been doing some shady shit, coming from the same guy. Man was I dumb or just overworked and not thinking I guess) it became clear to me in the first week that I feel victim to perhaps this works out and if not well we got em to quit scheme. (I figured it out a week in when I reported that a few employees where doing some down right illegal stuff and they needed to go... and I was told na if we do that we have to admit it to one of our biggest clients, not going to happen) I did hear that that particular moron got himself arrested a few years after I left... stealing from customers/company or something or other, I only got part of the story from an old employee, but was pretty sure I knew exactly what he did. (pretty sure ironically it was the same enrichment scheme I wanted to terminate people over) Its amazing how many terrible people make it to upper middle management everywhere I guess.

I once refused to screw with a handful of low level employees on purpose to get them to suck up drops in hours / benefits... and as my boss at the time said hey if a few quit all the better. My reward... a promotion the following month to head a failing branch (stupid younger me actual believed the... that branch needs an ethical leader they have been doing some shady shit, coming from the same guy. Man was I dumb or just overworked and not thinking I guess) it became clear to me in the first week that I feel victim to perhaps this works out and if not well we got em to quit scheme. (I figured it out a week in when I reported that a few employees where doing some down right illegal stuff and they needed to go... and I was told na if we do that we have to admit it to one of our biggest clients, not going to happen) I did hear that that particular moron got himself arrested a few years after I left... stealing from customers/company or something or other, I only got part of the story from an old employee, but was pretty sure I knew exactly what he did. (pretty sure ironically it was the same enrichment scheme I wanted to terminate people over) Its amazing how many terrible people make it to upper middle management everywhere I guess.

ive had similarly experiences, the old screw the other guys to get ahead. A lot of managers stab you in the back - because that’s what they know and that’s how they got there.

Last edited:
Kyle left Intel? Where is he now?

• Ryzen 9 3950X vs. Core i9-9900KS Gaming, Feat. Tuned DDR4 Memory Performance

"Out of the box the 3950X was found to be 6% slower on average when compared to the 9900KS, exactly the same margin seen between the 3900X and 9900K when using the slower DDR4-3200 memory (data from a previous review). Then with the tuned memory the 3950X was 4% slower on average which for all practical purposes is virtually an identical gaming experience in all modern titles."

Back